• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

cyberkevin

It's Microsoft's problem.
But last time, with anniversary update, it was the same, Microsoft did I changed something, I don't remember that, I just remember isntalling new versions of drivers for Realtek, and passing to the mode for loading unsigned drivers :/

Yes, but this year we haven't been able to get any response from anyone at Microsoft at all. We're pretty much on the release build at this point, but we'll see...

They're adding Dolby Atmos/Spatial Audio to stereo among other things, which has no positive effect on optical users at all I don't think, unless they're using a stereo optical gaming headset perhaps. Optical bitstreaming is already a massive patchwork of years and years of workarounds for many different programs and drivers it seems. You change some system and SOMETHING is going to break. Of course optical has been obsolete for a long time. Unfortunately, niche audiences are lower on their priority, but I hope maybe they'll finally get enough reports on optical surround to finally see it, but I don't know how many non-Insiders even use the Feedback Hub.

Actually, at the moment, I'm putting a very slight hope that Dolby Atmos for Headphones, when released might bitstream an actual surround signal through optical... which might still be very unlikely, but.... maybe??.....

As stated before, Dolby audio software sources do work fully when set to 2 channel 48000 Hz or less. Here's hoping that their headphone audio signal for this new Atmos for Headphones configuration is actually a Dolby bitstreamable surround source, and usable with all surround apps/games (because Dolby Atmos or Home Theater is not currently usable on optical). Honestly, that would be great, and would almost make me forgive them for how mad at them I've been for the last 3 years. ...

Last edited:
They're adding Dolby Atmos/Spatial Audio to stereo among other things, which has no positive effect on optical users at all I don't think, unless they're using a stereo optical gaming headset perhaps. Optical bitstreaming is already a massive patchwork of years and years of workarounds for many different programs and drivers it seems. You change some system and SOMETHING is going to break. Of course optical has been obsolete for a long time. Unfortunately, niche audiences are lower on their priority, but I hope maybe they'll finally get enough reports on optical surround to finally see it, but I don't know how many non-Insiders even use the Feedback Hub.

I use the hack for many years...;) i have no insiders win 10 and im also not going to update with the new micro 10 update they release with the game mode stuff also. i stay on anniv version. but ! if i buy a new pc is it not so that the asus moth boards already have this codec enabled? or must i buy a soundblaster ? if so which one ?

You'd have to specifically check the motherboard/sound card details, which isn't always easy, and even then they might not say if they have it when they do (or don't).

whats ur speaker set up? FYI DTS NEO does not work with optical but only with 3.5mm jacked setups. You know the headphone speaker jacks in the back of the MB. I use an optical setup and like you the dts connect tab shows what you are seeing BUT, THE ON OFF RADIO SELECTOR IS OMITED UNLESS U USE 3.5 JACKED SETUP take a pair of headphones and plug em in, select speakers as default and u will then see the on off radio buttons at the top just below the dts connect tab

DTS neo does not work with optical? only speakers?

Processor 4930k
Motherboard asus black rampage
Cooling xspc 240 raystorm
Memory 32 hyperbeast
Video Card(s) g1 980ti x 2
Display(s) asus rog swift
Case elysium xigmatech
Power Supply ax1200i
Benchmark Scores 24984 FS
I have had loads of issues with realtek drivers and windows 10, maybe i can help with some issues. But have a new one my self.

firstly hardware - z906 speakers, asus black rampage 4 and optical connection.

I started having issues in september, so much so i made dual boot for win 8.1. I noticed as others had said, left speaker being dominant and just sounded off in windows 10.
the only way i got that working was to stop widows downloading drivers in the backround. you can do this in system properties. unistalling realtek and deleting. then installing mobo drivers for sound, but get this. 50% of the time i still got the issue, had to rince and repeat but it worked, a joke i know but result in the end.

so recently i upgraded to creaters addition of winows. Having done so, DTS is no longer selectable throughout realtek or sound proerties. i mean its there but if i click it , i get format not supported. on the other tab you can test DTS and it works fine in test.
So ideally what the system/realtek wants you to do is confirm you have 5.1 before it will activate. So in game options, there now isnt a option for dolby as you havent selected DTS prior in windows.

So i been scrating my head, done some DTS tests in firefox, but that didnt decode. but having done so, i seen edge is dolby compatable. did the same test in edge https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-digital-plus.html and low and behold it decodes in DTS full dolby.
So DOLBY is working fine, just not selectable in windows for default and therefore effecting steam games and the like. i put money on that DTS works fine in UWP or what ever there gaming platform is.

with the issue before i was able to work around it with patience, but without an option to select default we is fudged i believe for now. anyone gets this working for steam games and the like pls msg me

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
It is official the DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live is broken in Creators release.

The issue is flagged with Microsoft Insider team , I believe they are now aware that there is a problem it doesn't effect only Realtek but other as well Including Creative wide range of cards from Z to USB Omni like mine . I believe they messed up something that engage the Hardware ENCODERS on audio devices and we can only hope they will issue a fix ASAP .
As for now who wants and needs DDL & DTS I should stay on latest Anniversary release and not upgrade to Creator .
I rolled back .
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-3f6a-4cc1-9d39-0af6f0b284df?tm=1491805454865

just to get it clear in CREATOR like it was in 2015 initial release of Ani the PASS THROUGH DOLBY AND DTS work just fine , but not Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive/Connect/Neo PC

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct, dvo, but I wouldn't really say that just because one of their forum support bots posted in the thread (a useless solution, as always), means that they know about it. But I'm glad that the issue is getting more activity by the users, now that it's finally out (almost).

Nice to see so many people reported issue to microsoft as per link above, hope rekindled. BTW Looks like live encoding is broken globally and not only with our trick.

I use the hack for many years...;) i have no insiders win 10 and im also not going to update with the new micro 10 update they release with the game mode stuff also. i stay on anniv version. but ! if i buy a new pc is it not so that the asus moth boards already have this codec enabled? or must i buy a soundblaster ? if so which one ?
But how do you stop windows updating, i had no choice, it just gave me latest new build today, and now optical broke, gutted.

So, am i right in thinking, none of the old fixes on page one, work with the new windows creators update, has anyone tried
?

Last edited by a moderator:
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
OK at least we got Microsoft attention and they recognized the issue and working on a fix

Maurits [MSFT] replied on
  • Microsoft
Thanks to all those who filed problem reports on the Creators Update/Windows 10 1730/15063! We think we know the root cause and we're working on a fix.

OK at least we got Microsoft attention and they recognized the issue and working on a fix

Maurits [MSFT] replied on
  • Microsoft
Thanks to all those who filed problem reports on the Creators Update/Windows 10 1730/15063! We think we know the root cause and we're working on a fix.
Thats great news mate, cheers, when they fix it, do we still have to do what is on front page of this thread, or will dts/dolby digital over opticla/spidf just work ?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Well I guess we will have to as long you dont have legally supported by your Audio device. For example on my ASUS Z170-A where DTS is licensed I dont have to do all this shit here I just install regular rtl drivers and everything works .

Well I guess we will have to as long you dont have legally supported by your Audio device. For example on my ASUS Z170-A where DTS is licensed I dont have to do all this shit here I just install regular rtl drivers and everything works .
Well i have the ASUS Ranger viii Z170, that came with DTS Connect, so hopefully i will be ok also.

Do you use the Audio drivers from Asus website for your motherboard, or just get from realtek website ?

Well i have the ASUS Ranger viii Z170, that came with DTS Connect, so hopefully i will be ok also.

ASUS Ranger viii Z170 spec shows:

ROG SupremeFX 2015 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

its not realtek.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Do you use the Audio drivers from Asus website for your motherboard, or just get from realtek website ?
I use always the latest issued drivers from Realtek

I'd... hope that those would still make the license connection (however that works) to at least make those options appear? (even though they don't function).

Point being, it probably wouldn't even really matter which ones the people modding the drivers used, except for obviously using the most up to date ones (if.... the mod itself hadn't been broken by the new driver, which so for I don't believe it actually has... I think. - Just Microsoft's problem.).

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Just use the Realtek website, (which is hilariously ancient), - High Definition Audio Codecs.

But again, it will not work after the Creator's Update, until MS fixes it.

Just use the Realtek website, (which is hilariously ancient), - High Definition Audio Codecs.

But again, it will not work after the Creator's Update, until MS fixes it.
Yeh, they have said they think they know the problem, hope it dont take to long.