• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

THanks it worked,can you tell me how you added dolby audio x2 it seems dosent need a hack more like a reg edit before installing or inf seems if i install you driver then delete and install latest realtek 6.0.1.8125 WHQL without test mode it gives me latest doulby audio x2,seems its a registry leftover that triggers it or smth,would be appreciated for newer versions cause latest version of dolby audio is much cleaner for me:)
See this https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...gital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/page-71

Batohus

I have just created an account to share my recent experience.

My old computer had onboard Soundblaster X-Fi 20K2 connected by optical S/PDIF to my receiver (Pioneer VSX-1021K). There has been no official Creative Windows 10 support but with Daniel_K’s excellent unofficial drivers I could switch between Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect, both worked in Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607, games had proper 5.1 audio.

Now I built a new computer with Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1 with onboard Realtek S1220A which is supposed to have DTS Connect without modifying drivers. I have installed fresh Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 and I could not switch Default Format to DTS Interactive. Thanks to this thread I found that it was Windows 10 Creators Update issue. I moved to Windows insider preview build 16184 and I could switch Default Format to DTS Interactive, my receiver displayed DTS and 5.1, Windows sound test worked with all speakers. BUT my games still output only stereo, the rear speakers were completely silent. (I have tested games which I knew have been working in 5.1 before, Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls Online, Far Cry Primal.)

At this point I lost patience, moved back to Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 and installed Creative Soudblaster Zx. With it the 5.1 spatial sound works in games nicely. But it’s somewhat of an expensive overkill when it should work with the onboard Realtek sound. Am I missing something obvious? How can I make games work in 5.1 DTS with Realtek drivers?

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
these drivers are very old nobody should be using these ever

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
I have just created an account to share my recent experience.

My old computer had onboard Soundblaster X-Fi 20K2 connected by optical S/PDIF to my receiver (Pioneer VSX-1021K). There has been no official Creative Windows 10 support but with Daniel_K’s excellent unofficial drivers I could switch between Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect, both worked in Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607, games had proper 5.1 audio.

Now I built a new computer with Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1 with onboard Realtek S1220A which is supposed to have DTS Connect without modifying drivers. I have installed fresh Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 and I could not switch Default Format to DTS Interactive. Thanks to this thread I found that it was Windows 10 Creators Update issue. I moved to Windows insider preview build 16184 and I could switch Default Format to DTS Interactive, my receiver displayed DTS and 5.1, Windows sound test worked with all speakers. BUT my games still output only stereo, the rear speakers were completely silent. (I have tested games which I knew have been working in 5.1 before, Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls Online, Far Cry Primal.)

At this point I lost patience, moved back to Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 and installed Creative Soudblaster Zx. With it the 5.1 spatial sound works in games nicely. But it’s somewhat of an expensive overkill when it should work with the onboard Realtek sound. Am I missing something obvious? How can I make games work in 5.1 DTS with Realtek drivers?

Yu need modify a xaudio dll (much for old games or new...like a fc4 v1.04

nowskowski

Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

I am DJUrko. I am providing you my new modification of the brand new version 6.0.1.8090 of the Realtek HD audio driver. Specially designed for Windows 10 including the new standards SFX, MFX and EFX. The plugins I’ve introduced are: SRS Premium Sound, Dolby Audio X2, Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater and Audio by Harman. In the archive you’ll find installation instructions, see folder Extras. Also you need to disable Secure Boot option in the BIOS. I hope you’ll like it all.

For DTS Connect via SPDIF, you have to replace the original files RltkAPO.dll and RltkAPO64.dll by your modified ones in the folder WIN64. However, you will lose the SRS Premium Sound effect.

I hope that you still have the integrated Dolby Digital Live output via SPDIF, when having installed the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater at the same time. I would be happy to look with those of you who know about modifying these files, to work together on the integration of effects Sonic Focus and PCEE4 (Dolby Home Theater V4). Because I’ve got problems with those. I think that parameters like EP0 and EP1 are required also.

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko

Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSo2xfdo7zyDlHd-qgView attachment 87159 View attachment 87160

I struggle with installation. Run both CMD commands, reboot windows with DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT, but still getting "-0001" during install. I can't disable secure boot in bios because there is not such option or any other similar.

I struggle with installation. Run both CMD commands, reboot windows with DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT, but still getting "-0001" during install. I can't disable secure boot in bios because there is not such option or any other similar.
so the second option is device manager open your device manager and go to sound video game controllers then update your driver with let me pick up option and after you select have a disk the navigate to win64 folder in the realtek mod and you select HDXRT4.inf try like that

nowskowski

so the second option is device manager open your device manager and go to sound video game controllers then update your driver with let me pick up option and after you select have a disk the navigate to win64 folder in the realtek mod and you select HDXRT4.inf try like that
THX will try that.
While installing Dolby tuning and profile which driver should I choose ? DHT?

nowskowski

you choise test debug dht test debug or dht release but finally after installing realtek mod you will have dht test debug

Worked like a charm ;)
Now another problem. No Dolby Digital Live 5.1 option (or any other 5.1 source) over S/PDIF.
And maybe you know how to get DTS NEO: PC to work over S/PDIF, I tried to run iw with several mods from this thread but no luck. I didn't add dlls to your mod yet, but I wonder if it will make any difference. Always it seems like its enabled but no effect on playback.

Worked like a charm ;)
Now another problem. No Dolby Digital Live 5.1 option (or any other 5.1 source) over S/PDIF.
And maybe you know how to get DTS NEO: PC to work over S/PDIF, I tried to run iw with several mods from this thread but no luck. I didn't add dlls to your mod yet, but I wonder if it will make any difference. Always it seems like its enabled but no effect on playback.
send me screenshots please of your spdif device and speakers and your sound manager you must to have only dolby digital output that's the same like dolby digital live. In the moment the DTS effects are complicated because they are very old stuff I need to run dtsaudioservice64.exe or dtsu2p service first then it will be possible to get dts neo pc over spdif but post the screenshots that's what I need to fix some things when you are installed all the effects send me your spdif options and in advanced tab and also speakers tab do not add the ddls just see in the advanced tab of your spdif. If you dont have dolby digital output tell me to make an changes in the inf of the driver thank you

Last edited:

nowskowski

send me screenshots please of your spdif device and speakers and your sound manager you must to have only dolby digital output that's the same like dolby digital live. In the moment the DTS effects are complicated because they are very old stuff I need to run dtsaudioservice64.exe or dtsu2p service first then it will be possible to get dts neo pc over spdif but post the screenshots that's what I need to fix some things when you are installed all the effects send me your spdif options and in advanced tab and also speakers tab do not add the ddls just see in the advanced tab of your spdif

My unit is Lenovo Y50-70. Windows 10 Pro 1607
I wanted to go back to stock Lenovo drivers (they are Dolby Live 5.1 with dolby digital plus), but now it doesn't install Dolby. It's like it installs Dolby Plugin, I can choose Dolby Digital Live for S/PDIF, and enable Dolby Digital Plus in options but there is no Dolby Digital Apllication. In drivers folder I found folder "PCEE4" with DolbyAdvancedAudio (never used it), DolbyHomeTheater (Cant install, getting error saing DHT can'y be install) and folder "DS1" with DolbyDigitalPlusAA and DolbyDigitalPlusHT. I install DolbyDigitalPlusHT but cant get it run on internal speakers / headphones (it not responds to the signal, in application equalizer doesn't move if you know what I mean, It worked before I started to mess around with drivers) with S/PDIF iw works OK.

Whole point of messing with drivers was to get DTS NEO, I do't like Dolby Pro Logic II which I get with stock drivers.
Full install process of your mod, no dlls added.
1. Unistalled realtek drivers and all plugins, rebooted, run ccleaner registry clean to tidy up
2. CMD Commands and boot with DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT (ain't able to install dolby without doin dis)
3. DTPC, choose DTH Rel.
4. Reboot
5. Device manager > sound video game controllers > Updating "Dolby Home Theater v4 - Realtek HD Audio", Reboot
6. On startup Error about incorrect version of dolby audio "Current version of dolby audio is 7.2.8000.17 applications needs version 7.2.7.000.4. Please reinstall"
7. Installing other plugins: DolbyDgitalPlusHT.msi,dax2_api_release_x64.msi, UpdateDax2Db, dax2_app_release_x64.msi, SRSUIAPO, Audio By Harman
8. While installing SRSUIAPO error: "This model is not supported. SRS Audio enhancement may not operate correctly for this device. The default settings will be installed."
9. Reboot and still getting error.
10. No SRS or any other plugins in Realtek Application
11. All dolby plugins work. Effect is great but no 5.1 output.

Screenshots:
Error.png SPDIF.png Speakers.png Realtek.png

Last edited:
My unit is Lenovo Y50-70. Windows 10 Pro 1607
I wanted to go back to stock Lenovo drivers (they are Dolby Live 5.1 with dolby digital plus), but now it doesn't install Dolby. It's like it installs Dolby Plugin, I can choose Dolby Digital Live for S/PDIF, and enable Dolby Digital Plus in options but there is no Dolby Digital Apllication. In drivers folder I found folder "PCEE4" with DolbyAdvancedAudio (never used it), DolbyHomeTheater (Cant install, getting error saing DHT can'y be install) and folder "DS1" with DolbyDigitalPlusAA and DolbyDigitalPlusHT. I install DolbyDigitalPlusHT but cant get it run on internal speakers / headphones (it not responds to the signal, in application equalizer doesn't move if you know what I mean, It worked before I started to mess around with drivers) with S/PDIF iw works OK.

Full install process of your mod, no dlls added.
1. Unistalled realtek drivers and all plugins, rebooted, run ccleaner registry clean to tidy up
2. CMD Commands and boot with DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT (ain't able to install dolby without doin dis)
3. DTPC, choose DTH Rel.
4. Device manager > sound video game controllers > Updating "Dolby Home Theater v4 - Realtek HD Audio", Reboot
5. On startup Error about incorrect version of dolby audio "Current version of dolby audio is 7.2.8000.17 applications needs version 7.2.7.000.4. Please reinstall"
6. Installing other plugins: DolbyDgitalPlusHT.msi,dax2_api_release_x64.msi, UpdateDax2Db, dax2_app_release_x64.msi, SRSUIAPO, Audio By Harman
7. While installing SRSUIAPO error: "This model is not supported. SRS Audio enhancement may not operate correctly for this device. The default settings will be installed."
8. Reboot and still getting error.
9. No SRS or any other plugins in Realtek Application

Screenshots:
View attachment 87391 View attachment 87392 View attachment 87393 View attachment 87394
look are you installed another mods before? that's very important look et the system32 drivers folder for rthdaud.dat and delete it to bring srs audio enchancements dont replace rltkapo64.dll with modified one in folder dax2 you have all the needs for dolby audio x2 for is working all but I have not SPDIF device so I will make an happen to get dolby digital output like this https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ek-hd-audio-driver-mod-for-windows-10.232921/ because you have 3 tabs of dolby you must have only two tabs dolby and one tab dolby audio. Dont use pcee4 folder use dolby Tuning and profile creator in folder extras just select also install content assets

nowskowski

look are you installed another mods before? that's very important look et the system32 drivers folder for rthdaud.dat and delete it to bring srs audio enchancements dont replace rltkapo64.dll with modified one in folder dax2 you have all the needs for dolby audio x2 for is working all but I have not SPDIF device so I will make an happen to get dolby digital output like this https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ek-hd-audio-driver-mod-for-windows-10.232921/ because you have 3 tabs of dolby you must have only two tabs dolby and one tab dolby audio. Dont use pcee4 folder use dolby Tuning and profile creator in folder extras just select also install content assets

I tried other mods but every time i performed full cleanup with revo unistaller and ccleaner so there are no leftover files. No rthdaud.dat in system32. or system32/drivers. I didn't repleace any dll.
I installed everything from dax2 folder as you mentioned in instruction. No way for me to get it like on your screenshots.I didnt install anything from pcee4 folder in your mod. Also installing "tuning and ..." a choose to install a those aditional options
Any idea how to reinstall stock drivers to fully work with spdif and internal speakers?

Last edited:
now when you dont have uninstall realtek audio driver first use programs and features then wait for Microsoft default driver is loading
I tried other mods but every time i performed full cleanup with revo unistaller and ccleaner so there are no leftover files. No rthdaud.dat in system32. or system32/drivers. I didn't repleace any dll.
I installed everything from dax2 folder as you mentioned in instruction. No way for me to get it like on your screenshots.
Any idea how to reinstall stock drivers to fully work with spdif and internal speakers?
now uninstall all audio drivers and all mods uninstall with programs and features firstly then when the Microsoft driver is loading after restart your computer first go into device manager and uninstall all drivers for sound video and game controllers then after second restart do the same thing in the instruction run first Dolby tuning and profile creator install content assets and after that do not restart the computer install the driver mod directly in folder extras it has an reg file called A2-V4.reg run that thing to get dolby home theatre v4 to replace dolby advanced audio v2 install only dolbydigitalplusHT from ds1 install srs ui also as defaults it give this message sometimes but it work after that you restart your computer and you will see I think that it will be good all and dont replace rltkapo64.dll with modified one I dot pushed this in the guide also one thing you computer maybe has a support for some of these plugins if your computer supported one or two of these plugins I hope that all will work ok ... Uninstall all and install fist dolby tuning and profile creator like dht release or test debug after that send me screenshots

So SRS Premium Sound for speakers and Dolby Digital Output via SPDIF And HDMI with Dolby Home theatre v4 and Dolby Digital plus for some machines are now Fixed just Use The Second Archive I will delete the first thank you all and please send me screenshots

Last edited by a moderator:

nowskowski

now when you dont have uninstall realtek audio driver first use programs and features then wait for Microsoft default driver is loading

after restart your computer first go into device manager and uninstall all drivers for sound video and game controllers then after second restart do the same thing (...)

So I'm supposed to restart -> uninstall driver with manager -> restart -> unistall driver with manager for the second time ? or just uninstall with manager -> restart -> install Dolby tuning and profile creator.

Is it fine if I try to do this with your new archive ?

So I'm supposed to restart -> uninstall driver with manager -> restart -> unistall driver with manager for the second time ? or just uninstall with manager -> restart -> install Dolby tuning and profile creator.

Is it fine if I try to do this with your new archive ?
i think yes only I dont know what exactly effects supported your computer I am very Astonished because you have two tabs of dolby audio so uninstall the diver then restart the computer after restart install dolby tuning and profile creator after installing it dont restart install directly realtek mod after installation dont restart run A2-V4.reg in the folder extras but first install all the plugins the run this reg key restart and you are done uninstall all the driver in sound video and game controllers realtek hd audio, realtek digital output , hdmi device also

Last edited:

nowskowski

i think yes only I dont know what exactly effects supported your computer I am very Astonished because you have two tabs of dolby audio so uninstall the diver then restart the computer after restart install dolby tuning and profile creator after installing it dont restart install directly realtek mod after installation dont restart run A2-V4.reg in the folder extras but first install all the plugins the run this reg key restart and you are done uninstall all the driver in sound video and game controllers realtek hd audio, realtek digital output , hdmi device also

Ok I did all steps with your new archive.
1. SPDIF works great, there is 5.1 output and stereo to surround upmix with Dolby Home Theater v4. But it is extremly center channel driven, (thats why I wanted to install DTS NEO) any idea how to spread sound more on other channels?
2. Still getting an error about incorrect version of Dolby on system startup.
3. No srs and other plugins in realtek application (there was a rthdaud.dat file in system32 folder, but deleting it didn't help)
4. On Speakers there stil are to many Dolby digital tabs. It runs Dolby Audio twice and provides an extreme overlay of sound. Sounds really bad.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 726
  • Realtek.png
    Realtek.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 977
  • SPDIF.png
    SPDIF.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 2,079
  • Speakers.png
    Speakers.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 983
Ok I did all steps with your new archive.
1. SPDIF works great, there is 5.1 output and stereo to surround upmix with Dolby Home Theater v4. But it is extremly center channel driven, (thats why I wanted to install DTS NEO) any idea how to spread sound more on other channels?
2. Still getting an error about incorrect version of Dolby on system startup.
3. No srs and other plugins in realtek application (there was a rthdaud.dat file in system32 folder, but deleting it didn't help)
4. On Speakers there stil are to many Dolby digital tabs. It runs Dolby Audio twice and provides an extreme overlay of sound. Sounds really bad.
rthdaud.dat is an modification of an Korean man is calling Lynn this modificated rthdaud.dat stoped all the effects in sound manager enchancements and also srs premium sound delete this first and after that install the driver mod it will be ok because rthdaud.dat give one more dolby audio x2 with another version there is a problem delete this first and after that install realtek driver mod I think that you are gated wrong mod before this mod by lynn with dolby audio x2 is really bad idea And the sound is become good when you have srs premium sound enabled to corrige srs 3d space level also if you installed stock drivers it will be the same problem because of this rthdaud.dat. to Spread the sound more beautiful select dolby digital plus to music and dolby home theatre v4 to movie just search for rthdaud.dat in windows folder because maybe is not only in the drivers folder

Last edited:

nowskowski

rthdaud.dat is an modification of an Korean man is calling Lynn this modificated rthdaud.dat stoped all the effects in sound manager enchancements and also srs premium sound delete this first and after that install the driver mod it will be ok because rthdaud.dat give one more dolby audio x2 with another version there is a problem delete this first and after that install realtek driver mod I think that you are gated wrong mod before this mod by lynn with dolby audio x2 is really bad idea And the sound is become good when you have srs premium sound enabled to corrige srs 3d space level also if you installed stock drivers it will be the same problem because of this rthdaud.dat. to Spread the sound more beautiful select dolby digital plus to music and dolby home theatre v4 to movie

Ok so I'm trying again ;). I have wierd problem. After deleting a Microsoft sound driver, I restart and it automatically installs my stock Realtetek driver. I checked now if it created another copy of rthdaud.dat but there is no other copy. Now I'm deleting new realtek driver, rebooting, deleti microsoft driver and trying to install your mod once again.

Ok so I'm trying again ;). I have wierd problem. After deleting a Microsoft sound driver, I restart and it automatically installs my stock Realtetek driver. I checked now if it created another copy of rthdaud.dat but there is no other copy. Now I'm deleting new realtek driver, rebooting, deleti microsoft driver and trying to install your mod once again.
whats happen finally?

Last edited:

nowskowski

please send me screenshots thank you that you have is a serious problem for that reason I have make my realtek mod myself its a lot of work I will never ever install creative sound blaster because sound blaster also stop any enchancements I will never install mods who I dont know is serious or not one time I installed one mod and after that I need to preinstall windows that's the problem I dont understand people who make some mods to help people but they dont help that's the problem

Thank you very much for your help.
I already know what's causing the problem. Lenovo designed the hardware to automatically install their Realtek driver version. When I remove the sound driver, your mod and the official Lenovo driver are installed at the same time. Therefore, I have duplicate Dolby bookmarks on speakers and I do not have the srs plugins in Realtek. I have come to the solution of this error that appears on startup system. When I reinstall "DolbyDigitalPlusHT" from your package the error stops appearing. This means that the system installs another driver over your mod.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

Thank you very much for your help.
I already know what's causing the problem. Lenovo designed the hardware to automatically install their Realtek driver version. When I remove the sound driver, your mod and the official Lenovo driver are installed at the same time. Therefore, I have duplicate Dolby bookmarks on speakers and I do not have the srs plugins in Realtek. I have come to the solution of this error that appears on startup system. When I reinstall "DolbyDigitalPlusHT" from your package the error stops appearing. This means that the system installs another driver over your mod.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.
wait stop your internet connection when uninstall the driver and install the realtek mod then turn on internet connection and its done this driver its too new and when you stop internet connection and install the mod I think that it will work my driver version is 6.0.1.8090

nowskowski

wait stop your internet connection when uninstall the driver and install the realtek mod then turn on internet connection and its done this driver its too new and when you stop internet connection and install the mod I think that it will work my driver version is 6.0.1.8090

I've already tried. It did not help. I think this is due to the fact that I have to install your mod via device manager and not via setup.exe. But when I use setup.exe, I receive the error "-0001" (when I get an message about creating InstallShield). I do not know if the installation of .exe will change anything but it is the only thing that comes to mind.

Thank you very much. It's actually incredible that you spend so much time helping me.