• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unreal Engine 5 Demo to Require RTX 2070 SUPER GPU at Minimum for Smooth Gameplay

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
My 1080Ti will probably ace this with RTX off
Assuming you can turn off RTX. You probably can.
No one should need a YouTuber to tell them that the 20 series wont age well - anyone with sense sees that the RTX side of things wont age well.

Even the 2080ti barely has enough RTX™ UnitShaderCoreTMUs™ to play @ 1440 with everything cranked up AND get acceptable fps to maintain fluidity at all times.
Depends on what you mean by aging well. RTX will probably not be up to the task in upcoming games, but in all other aspects I don't imagine it will age worse than Navi.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
My 1080Ti will probably ace this with RTX off

That is the million dollar question here isn't it. When I read 2070S I actually read 1080ti with some extra bits... and I vaguely remember a Neon Noir demo running pretty damn stellar on my 1080, too :)

This is really the most interesting comparison right now. How much does the new hardware offer in these situations. We're slowly moving towards some idea of what the new RT/tensor/whatever cores actually mean for us. Since Turing that was just completely vague, there is no reference at all... unless someone knows what Gigarays actually means :p

I did hope for January 2021, right after PS5 release in 2020...

I am not convinced. My TV is so much superior, in everything - colour reproduction - it has true blacks :D

Lol, you are rocking a midrange LCD and think you have true blacks? Its 2020, OLED is a thing, I really thought you had an OLED TV in front of you instead... lol. 200hz interpolation is shit... do you like your wobbly crosshair while gaming? Or screen-tear-ish artifacts on color changes... interpolation tech has come a long way, but it always produces artifacts. And it also doubles (or worse) your input lag, which is hugely detrimental to PC use.

Take a long side-by-side look at an LG 120hz native OLED and come back pls. You have much to learn, young gwasshoppa ;)

Last edited:
ah yes, which is why the demo was sponsored by sony and ran on a PS5 with AMD arch hardware.
This makes me really keen to see what AMD's new GPU's will be capable of. If the the $500 rumored price on PS5 holds true things are going to get interesting and competitive quickly on the PC desktop front. Would be very interesting if AMD could take a few chips like these APU's and use that new "Radeon Pro" card's infinity fabric magic on them for 2-way/3-way/4-way discrete add in setups. I think there is a real market for the potential of a discrete APU or CPU add in card for example. I think a APU add in card that's 2-way/3-way/4-way infinity fabric scalable would make heaps of sense for AMD. I could stand a card like that and don't even have a AMD CPU and motherboard atm for example. You know how much of a kick in the nuts to Intel that would be!? I mean hey Intel's trying to get into graphics perhaps AMD should get into kicking Intel in it's junk on it's own platform in turn isn't that exactly what Intel in a round about way is doing getting into discrete GPU's!!?!?

ARF

They should of used a PC that FPS drop from that sony crap box is just sad.

PCs have a severe problem with slow and unoptimised software provided by M$.
This is why the consoles with proper working SSDs will run circles around any PC from this year.

There is no FPS drop in the Demo. It runs perfectly smooth.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX 1.1
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Memory 2x 32GB Fury DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) 2x Dell U2412M
Case Phanteks P400A
Audio Device(s) Hifimediy Sabre 9018 USB DAC
Power Supply Corsair AX850 (from 2012)
Software Windows 10?
By the time UE5 games actually look like the demo, we'll be well into the 2022 (maybe even after that).
yeah no game is gonna look like a tech demo on first gen, also the 2070 super = 5700 XT
so basically we already have the gpu in the ps5, its named 5700 XT but with some ray tracing sprinkled on and much better power efficienty

blazed

And I'll congratulate you on your 3rd post; well done.

You don't suppose that's why you were so condescending in the first place, is it? You know what you call someone who looks for easy targets? A bully and a coward.

Anyways, back on topic. I'm looking forward to the next generation of cards, but with rumblings of even 5 nm coming from Nvidia, it might make sense to continue to wait and see, even once 7 nm arrives.

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
Interesting, this is exciting news, given PS5 using AMD RDNA arch.
Well, I think I was completely wrong to judge Radeon GPU is already finished.
yes, it's really worth waiting for AMD's Radeon next-gen GPUs.

System Name "IBT 10x Maximum Stable"
Processor Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz -> 100xx46 - 1.296v
Motherboard MSI MPower Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i + 2x Corsair "HP Edition" SP120's
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz @ 2400MHz 10-11-12-31-1T - 1.66v
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX970 4GB @ 1314 Core/1973 Mem/1515 Boost
Storage Kingston 3K 120GB SSD + Western Digital 'Green' 2TB + Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23" IPS
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Rotel RA-04/Cambridge Audio Azur 540R + B&W DM302/Cerwin Vega AT12 / Sony MDR-XB700 & FiiO E5
Power Supply EVGA NEX650G + Silverstone Extensions
Mouse Always failing me....
Keyboard Endlessly broken.....
Software Windoze 7 Pro 64-bit/Windoze 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores I had some of these once upon a time? Old age has seen me misplace them....
I have no real words for such a quote; but post count means nothing. My pointing out of your post count was just about the kindest thing I could think of while replying to such a silly original post that was basically akin to "s0me UtuBer SeD iT" on top of "well, congratulations then. I'm glad you know everything"...

I'll stand by my original post relating not only to RTX, but YT - and the more I think about it, using a random YouTuber as your source of leaked information is very silly....

System Name BloodRage
Processor R5 2600X PBO enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite
Cooling Arctic Esports Duo
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000
Video Card(s) MSI VENTUS OC 2060 Super
Storage 120GB PNY SATA + 1TB WD Blue M.2
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT cheap chassis
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy FX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III Gold 650w
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Red Dragon Kumara
Software Win 10
And I'll congratulate you on your 3rd post; well done.

Also, nowhere above did I mention "knowing everything"; I merely mentioned that any sensible person wont be in need of some random clown on YouTube telling them such a simple known fact that the 20 series wont age well...
This needs to stop.

Whilst you may be correct, post count means nothing.

This is why the consoles with proper working SSDs will run circles around any PC from this year.

Interesting change in attitude vs what you were telling me in the other thread, gee we are now just catching up?

So many fragmented reports of this new BS PS5, the fact that 1440P 30FPS was the demo, that's the max this console can do, also TF figures are crap to compare against in AMD itself, V64 vs 5700XT and consoles boost the TF figure by adding the CPU as well. And the next was there's an information from Epic Games Chinese that says, Mobile RTX2080 can run that demo at 1440P 40FPS we know mobile RTX cards are garbage and nothing like desktop class losing 10-15% in performance and poor silicon and also RT, Tensor processors. So where's the 1080 120FPS, are they still aiming at that 30FPS bs for console again ?

That Raster Performance is 1080Ti class, a 3Yr Old Flagship GPU. Once the Ampere drops with added SMs and improved GeForce config by which Huang was saying for the Consumer market, I can see the Ampere cards wipe the floor. This desperation of PS5 is funny, why don't that Epic Tecent release the damned demo and let us test instead of all these vague statements. And with Second Gen RT cores, Tensor AI cores and improved Ampere, it's going to be a blood bath for Consoles and the old rumors of 2080Ti-PS5/XBSX were laughable then and now. Both Consoles will have same customized GFX presets, VRS, Minimal Custom Ray Tracing, and poor value, only good thing is PC games will look better. But the current era of PC drivel political garbage in the games it's not even exciting anymore.

System Name "IBT 10x Maximum Stable"
Processor Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz -> 100xx46 - 1.296v
Motherboard MSI MPower Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i + 2x Corsair "HP Edition" SP120's
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz @ 2400MHz 10-11-12-31-1T - 1.66v
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX970 4GB @ 1314 Core/1973 Mem/1515 Boost
Storage Kingston 3K 120GB SSD + Western Digital 'Green' 2TB + Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23" IPS
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Rotel RA-04/Cambridge Audio Azur 540R + B&W DM302/Cerwin Vega AT12 / Sony MDR-XB700 & FiiO E5
Power Supply EVGA NEX650G + Silverstone Extensions
Mouse Always failing me....
Keyboard Endlessly broken.....
Software Windoze 7 Pro 64-bit/Windoze 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores I had some of these once upon a time? Old age has seen me misplace them....
Read the last post I made before replying?

Congratulating someone on their post count is outright better than telling the same person they are stupid... wouldn't you agree?

Edit - and as of late, there are some realllllllly questionable views and opinions being written on this forum - lets not all start getting politically correct about online social interactions all of a sudden - least of all an INNOCENT (i promise..) congratulations.....

System Name BloodRage
Case CiT cheap chassis
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Software Win 10
So many fragmented reports of this new BS PS5, the fact that 1440P 30FPS was the demo, that's the max this console can do, also TF figures are crap to compare against in AMD itself, V64 vs 5700XT and consoles boost the TF figure by adding the CPU as well. And the next was there's an information from Epic Games Chinese that says, Mobile RTX2080 can run that demo at 1440P 40FPS we know mobile RTX cards are garbage and nothing like desktop class losing 10-15% in performance and poor silicon and also RT, Tensor processors. So where's the 1080 120FPS, are they still aiming at that 30FPS bs for console again ?

That Raster Performance is 1080Ti class, a 3Yr Old Flagship GPU. Once the Ampere drops with added SMs and improved GeForce config by which Huang was saying for the Consumer market, I can see the Ampere cards wipe the floor. This desperation of PS5 is funny, why don't that Epic Tecent release the damned demo and let us test instead of all these vague statements. And with Second Gen RT cores, Tensor AI cores and improved Ampere, it's going to be a blood bath for Consoles and the old rumors of 2080Ti-PS5/XBSX were laughable then and now. Both Consoles will have same customized GFX presets, VRS, Minimal Custom Ray Tracing, and poor value, only good thing is PC games will look better. But the current era of PC drivel political garbage in the games it's not even exciting anymore.
Judging 1440P 30FPS when onlt the top 0.001% have the hardware to even push passed this number?

Rather sad to keep seeing posts like this, yes we all look forwards to better GPU's, you just seem to be salty that a console could look this good.

Read the last post I made before replying?

Congratulating someone on their post count is outright better than telling the same person they are stupid... wouldn't you agree?
I prefer direct communication vs passive aggression that is all man.

Judging 1440P 30FPS when onlt the top 0.001% have the hardware to even push passed this number?

Rather sad to keep seeing posts like this, yes we all look forwards to better GPU's, you just seem to be salty that a console could look this good.

I prefer direct communication vs passive aggression that is all man.

You call 1440P 30FPS good :roll:cinematic experience I guess. And where did you get that 0.001% ? 1080Ti has been in market since 3 Years and 2070S, 2070, 5700XT, R VII all of them exist.

And Consoles didn't do anything for gaming, except to make them mainstream and made gaming bad. No game is a PC game, every single title was a console port and it will always be and Turing's Mesh Shading Technology no one used, they are showcasing as if this is a ground breaking new achievement. More PCs means more people buying actual Computers rather than a Mass market box for playing in Mediocrity of Checkerboard trash, Low FPS, Low Fidelity, Input latency and BGA trash HW, useless GaaS mechanics - XBL, PSN just for playing MP. And because of them every PC game has poor texture fidelity because the game has to be made for the console, Witcher Tech demo vs Retail none of them came, Watchdogs same fate. Every title has to be made compatible and not sway too much in Quality difference vs a PC that hampered a lot of native PC games, games like Nier deserved more than a trash port because the money is in Consoles, RDR2 is another example for the garbage quality treatment for PC. And tons of DRM for PC only.

System Name BloodRage
Case CiT cheap chassis
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Software Win 10
You call 1440P 30FPS good :roll:cinematic experience I guess.

And Consoles didn't do anything for gaming, except to make them mainstream and made gaming bad. No game is a PC game, every single title was a console port and it will always be and Turing's Mesh Shading Technology no one used, they are showcasing as if this is a ground breaking new achievement. More PCs means more people buying actual Computers rather than a Mass market box for playing in Mediocrity of Checkerboard trash, Low FPS, Low Fidelity, Input latency and BGA trash HW, useless GaaS mechanics - XBL, PSN just for playing MP. And because of them every PC game has poor texture fidelity because the game has to be made for the console, Witcher Tech demo vs Retail none of them came, Watchdogs same fate. Every title has to be made compatible and not sway too much in Quality difference vs a PC that hampered a lot of native PC games, games like Nier deserved more than a trash port because the money is in Consoles, RDR2 is another example for the garbage quality treatment for PC. And tons of DRM for PC only.
RDR2 looks better than nearly every game on PC to date though.. let us consider the PC derived port of Crysis and how badly optimized that is.. oh right, it is PC exlusive and used a better engine on console so we can't include reality.

You sound very emotional over this new bit of gaming hardware.

ARF

Interesting change in attitude vs what you were telling me in the other thread, gee we are now just catching up?

I expect M$ to release new DX, new Windows updates to fix the terrible hard drive performance on Windows and specifically during gaming.

The hardware in PCs is still much much superior.

System Name BloodRage
Case CiT cheap chassis
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Software Win 10
I expect M$ to release new DX, new Windows updates to fix the terrible hard drive performance on Windows and specifically in Windows.

The hardware on PCs is still much much superior.
"Much much"

2070S minimum.

Yup i am sure most people will be buying 2080S or Ti or TITAN's soon.

Best hope these new releases of GPU's don't inflate the cost because i won't be on board with it.

ARF

"Much much"

2070S minimum.

Yup i am sure most people will be buying 2080S or Ti or TITAN's soon.

Best hope these new releases of GPU's don't inflate the cost because i won't be on board with it.

I said it already - we don't know how the GeForces perform, might be very slow in new gen games.

RDR2 looks better than nearly every game on PC to date though.. let us consider the PC derived port of Crysis and how badly optimized that is.. oh right, it is PC exlusive and used a better engine on console so we can't include reality.

You sound very emotional over this new bit of gaming hardware.

RDR2 looks better on PC who denied it ? And ofc it will look best on PC, what's there to question ? I was taking on the optimization quality part of it not the GFX quality, read again.

And what are you talking lmao ? PC derived Port of what ? Crysis port into consoles, that was pathetic garbage go to DF and learn what is Crysis first and then talk, a PCMR friend ran the game on his 7960X with an 2080Ti and guess what, it still looks stunning than any Console game on a garbage Console. You made yourself irrelevant by the garbage you are spweing on all. Not going to waste anymore time on you.

Crysis.jpg

I agree that Microsoft Windows is not the best OS for games. Over the years, I feel that it has become such a resource intensive OS, and certainly nowhere near as optimized as game consoles, such as Sony and Nintendo. If you look at Xbox that runs a slim down version of Windows, I feel actually don't think its as optimized as the more simplistic OS found on the Sony PS4.

System Name BloodRage
Case CiT cheap chassis
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Software Win 10
RDR2 looks better on PC who denied it ? And ofc it will look best on PC, what's there to question ? I was taking on the optimization quality part of it not the GFX quality, read again.

And what are you talking lmao ? PC derived Port of what ? Crysis port into consoles, that was pathetic garbage go to DF and learn what is Crysis first and then talk, a PCMR friend ran the game on his 7960X with an 2080Ti and guess what, it still looks stunning than any Console game on a garbage Console. You made yourself irrelevant by the garbage you are spweing on all. Not going to waste anymore time on you.

View attachment 155736
And runs like ass on PC, it drops below 40 FPS even on a 9900K at 5ghz.

You seem to be tip toeing around what i stated, you are too invested in your emotional attachment to hardware, unhealthy.

RDR2 does way more, way better than Crysis ever did or can.

" For the people owning RTX 2070S and faster, they should be good to go for when games based on Unreal Engine 5 hit the market. "
NO
the RTX 2070S is for the DEMO only.
running the UE5 doesnt required this power at all, in fact old games refactored for the UE5 should have an improved performance on old GPU.
only big and detailed games need a strong GPU, like always.

I'm pretty sure you won't need to have a 2070S to smoothly run Fortnite with Unreal Engine 5.

"Smooth" is incorrect. You need a 2070S to even run the thing above a slideshow, and nothing was said about resolution.

Jeez the misreporting on this demo is EPIC. So many people in denial about the changes coming...

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
And runs like ass on PC, it drops below 40 FPS even on a 9900K at 5ghz.

You seem to be tip toeing around what i stated, you are too invested in your emotional attachment to hardware, unhealthy.

RDR2 does way more, way better than Crysis ever did or can.

idk what hte conversation is about, but regarding Crysis's performance you should watch digital foundry revisit of it:

TLDR, the performance of Crysis is not that great even today because of the time and techdevelopment at time of release, it was believed single core speeds would continue to go up rather then getting more focus on multicore solutions.