• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Updated GOP for RX 580 2048 8G from aliexpress soyo single fan

SafwanKhan

Hello guys, i bought this SOYO RX 580 2048 8G from aliexpress. It has single fan and the fan has constant speed. The size was perfect for my ITX needs and price was just 66 USD with shipping and it came very fast.

However in Windows 11, everything went ok, and AMD drivers installed normally on it. However the card would not let me play valorant. See the picture showing error from valorant. The error was popping to enable secure boot.

I found that card is running in CSM. I disabled it from BIOS and enabled UEFI for windows from BIOS, but it would give no display. I had to revert back to CSM by using iGPU from my CPU.

After researching the issue i found that GOP is outdated and indeed it was outdated. See the picture from GOPupd.bat file from the original VBIOS from the card.

The GOP was from 2016..... I used the GOP from the already provided update from winraid forum GOP update for GPU. I used the GOP update bat file. This is how i did it, and it is clearly explained in the forum post:
1. fist extract VBIOS using GPUZ or better from amdvbflashWin from techpowerup
2. make a copy and keep it in safe place.
3. drop this VBIOS on the GOPupd BAT file.
4. and it will show you current version and ask you to update the GOP.
5. accept to update (Risk is your own)
6. Than use amdvbflashWin from techpowerup (i used 3.31 version on windows 11) Link to program
7 flash the new BIOS, restart
8. And change BIOS settings and check.
9. In Windows press "windows key" and msinfo32 and see "secure boot" is ON.

I am attaching the updated VBIOS for the specific GPU i had. It has only one output HDMI and it is single fan and has no control of fan speed. If you have same card and same problem, flash the VBIOS (on your own risk)

Attachments

• rx5802048singlefanGOPupdate.rom
    512 KB · Views: 38
System Name Gaming1 / Office 2
Processor Intel i7 7700k@4.8ghz / Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard MSI 270 SLI PLUS / MSI MAG X570S - TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
Cooling ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 - Liquid / ID-Cooling SE-903 V2
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700XT THICC III Ultra 8GB / XFX RX 6600XT 8GB
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Display(s) 2x Dell 3008 WFP
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 / GENESIS IRID 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster XFI / Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W / Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G5
Keyboard Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205 / Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205
Software 1st - Win 10 Pro X64 / Win 7 X86 / Ubuntu / 2nd - Windows 11 Pro x64
Well done mate. Thanks for sharing the info.