• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

US House of Representatives Confirms Senate's Privacy Stance on ISPs

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I remember back in the day people would tell other people not to get so much sun because its bad for you and they thought Wow crazy sun avoiders.

I remember a day people told others that the airplanes are doing something much different than they use to and they thought Wow crazy conspiracy chem trail people.

I remember a day when they told people that cigarettes were healthy and people thought Wow lets smoke lot of them.

I remember a day when people warned about privacy and no one listened or cared :-(

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
did an FOIA and the cops purposely covered up the mic to hide what they were saying which was critical for me to file an unlawful detention lawsuit. They also never started dashcam and mics until i asked so much of the incriminating stuff was never recorded until half way into the unlawful detention and the other stuff that was, is now missing due to them covering up their mics.

And now we get to the heart of your issue. A personal vendetta based on your viewpoint of what happened.

And what has this and all your other conspiracy/ coverup/ false arrest theories to do with the OP?

I think I am done here. :shadedshu:

And now we get to the heart of your issue. A personal vendetta based on your viewpoint of what happened.

And what has this and all your other conspiracy/ coverup/ false arrest theories to do with the OP?

yea right...use logical fallacies to distract from facts regarding the law, case precedence, and reality.

Let me know when you want to be intellectually honest and have real facts and not logical fallacies.

You have provided 0 proof showing i am wrong so you resort to red herrings. Yep, you are one dishonest person. :peace:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

Yup. I've been under investigation by the FBI twice, not once but TWICE! Murder suspect once and detained more times than Ill admit. I've talked and proven my way out of it EVERY SINGLE TIME without a lawyer. Cops/Feds don't detain/arrest people without a damn good reason. They put me in a pinch before because well......the company I kept, wrong place at the wrong time and honestly I have an authority issue. Point is I was doing suspect behavior and if I were a cop/fed I would have done the same thing.

I am not denying cops/feds do crooked things. Its just not anywhere as widespread as you claim. Guess what? People are people. Some are assholes. Some are not. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. You have your first hand experience and so do I.

Easy to point out the bad when so much of the good goes unreported also. Kind of like voter fraud. Doesn't exist until its investigated. Same thing. Different spectrum.

Yup. I've been under investigation by the FBI twice, not once but TWICE! Murder suspect once and detained more times than Ill admit. I've talked and proven my way out of it EVERY SINGLE TIME without a lawyer. Cops/Feds don't detain/arrest people without a damn good reason. They put me in a pinch before because well......the company I kept, wrong place at the wrong time and honestly I have an authority issue. Point is I was doing suspect behavior and if I were a cop/fed I would have done the same thing.

I am not denying cops/feds do crooked things. Its just not anywhere as widespread as you claim. Guess what? People are people. Some are assholes. Some are not. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. You have your first hand experience and so do I.

Easy to point out the bad when so much of the good goes unreported also. Kind of like voter fraud. Doesn't exist until its investigated. Same thing. Different spectrum.
People claim there are many good cops...if thats the case where are they when these things happen? Where were all the good cops when an LA officer shot partner and murdered a man covering it up? Where were the good cops going on the record about that cover up? Where were they saying the DA was wrong for not charging this murder? Watch the footage for yourself.

This never happens.
I am sure i can find dozens of these. I just am not going to bother to google for more. Police Unions defend murders all the time and moronic law breaking cops all the time. So does the justice system.
http://wtop.com/government/2016/06/ex-florida-officer-expected-in-court-for-musicians-slaying/

Where were all the CPD employees going on the record about an illegal black site in Chicago? Oh that's right none of them said anything.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

What about the 100s or 1000s of people who knew about PRISM or any of the other illegal activities? Oh thats right only Snowden and Binney and a few others actually reported these things. Whistle blowers are a rare breed and their lives are ruined in the process with doing the right thing. People are not inherently good and most do not report illegal activity or stand up against it. Most people are okay with it.

Almost no cops ever stand up and report illegal behavior. The 10-20 cops I know would agree here that no one reports illegal behavior and covers for their buddy.

My time working for the DOD before I retired showed plenty of cases of cover ups and people looking the other way. It ranged from covering up/distraction of a marines death in the barrack, sinking Amtracks, cover ups of beatings, and so much more.

People simple do not report on each others and our system supports 0 accountability in these cases. Kelly Thomas is a perfect example too.

Police also have extra legal rights that no citizen would ever get in the same case.

Please show me cases where Police are coming out blasting other police behavior. Show me where prosecutors or judges blast others. I will gladly add it to my records.

Here is another great one. Police shoots bystanders like a retard....and they charge an unarmed man for their own stupidity.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/n...tanders-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html

Tell me of a case anywhere in the US where if a citizen did that they would not be in jail. Please find me a case like that. I would love to read that.

What about the kid shot in his own house by a female officer? she had 0 legal authority to shoot him even if he had a weapon. He is in his own house.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ps-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

where were the good cops blasting this? or any of the 10s or more cases i have posted.

EDIT: here are more
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/us/florida-police-shooting/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Tolan_shooting_incident
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-grandpa-shot-cops-driveway-article-1.1357949

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
I am reporting this thread and tagging every senior mod because it needs to close. This is the degenerative crap that TPU gets dragged into when you open the door to politics.

I don't work for or own TPU and yet I actually care about this site.

@btarunr @Raevenlord @Tatty_One @sneekypeet @erocker @W1zzard

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
People claim there are many good cops...if thats the case where are they when these things happen? Where were all the good cops when an LA officer shot partner and murdered a man covering it up? Where were the good cops going on the record about that cover up? Where were they saying the DA was wrong for not charging this murder? Watch the footage for yourself.

This never happens.
I am sure i can find dozens of these. I just am not going to bother to google for more. Police Unions defend murders all the time and moronic law breaking cops all the time. So does the justice system.
http://wtop.com/government/2016/06/ex-florida-officer-expected-in-court-for-musicians-slaying/

Where were all the CPD employees going on the record about an illegal black site in Chicago? Oh that's right none of them said anything.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

What about the 100s or 1000s of people who knew about PRISM or any of the other illegal activities? Oh thats right only Snowden and Binney and a few others actually reported these things. Whistle blowers are a rare breed and their lives are ruined in the process with doing the right thing. People are not inherently good and most do not report illegal activity or stand up against it. Most people are okay with it.

Almost no cops ever stand up and report illegal behavior. The 10-20 cops I know would agree here that no one reports illegal behavior and covers for their buddy.

My time working for the DOD before I retired showed plenty of cases of cover ups and people looking the other way. It ranged from covering up/distraction of a marines death in the barrack, sinking Amtracks, cover ups of beatings, and so much more.

People simple do not report on each others and our system supports 0 accountability in these cases. Kelly Thomas is a perfect example too.

Police also have extra legal rights that no citizen would ever get in the same case.

Please show me cases where Police are coming out blasting other police behavior. Show me where prosecutors or judges blast others. I will gladly add it to my records.

Here is another great one. Police shoots bystanders like a retard....and they charge an unarmed man for their own stupidity.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/n...tanders-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html

Tell me of a case anywhere in the US where if a citizen did that they would not be in jail. Please find me a case like that. I would love to read that.

What about the kid shot in his own house by a female officer? she had 0 legal authority to shoot him even if he had a weapon. He is in his own house.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ps-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

where were the good cops blasting this? or any of the 10s or more cases i have posted.

EDIT: here are more
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/us/florida-police-shooting/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Tolan_shooting_incident
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-grandpa-shot-cops-driveway-article-1.1357949
As I said its easy to find the negatives when the positives are never reported. We get it. You got screwed so the whole system is screwed. Get over it.

@Raevenlord I hoped you learned a lesson. I think you are a decent writer but, this is going to happen EVERYTIME you go political. If you care about TPU (which I think you do) you will stop.

As I said its easy to find the negatives when the positives are never reported. We get it. You got screwed so the whole system is screwed. Get over it.

@Raevenlord I hoped you learned a lesson. I think you are a decent writer but, this is going to happen EVERYTIME you go political. If you care about TPU (which I think you do) you will stop.
Still no proof from you. I will gladly read any press release posted by cops swearing up and down against any of the cases i gave you. Prove that the system isn't broken and there are good cops. You said there are more good than bad cops. PROVE IT!

Prove that the law doesn't protect cops and designed to support no accountability.

I provided laws, case law, Sumpreme Court case law, and more that its designed to not keep them accountable.
@rtwjunkie @TheMailMan78
You claim otherwise. Prove it. Don't use red herrings. Use facts.

Also I was never screwed over. I am just honest about the system and see how jacked it is from actual cases, history, and the actual law.

The legislators even include special exceptions for government agents and provide heavier sentencing.

The law itself shows its unconstitutional (equal protections) and bias.

Prove your position...all you got are red herrings.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I am reporting this thread and tagging every senior mod because it needs to close. This is the degenerative crap that TPU gets dragged into when you open the door to politics.

I don't work for or own TPU and yet I actually care about this site.

@btarunr @Raevenlord @Tatty_One @sneekypeet @erocker @W1zzard
I think this thread has value, you just have to be willing to find it and see it. I don't know why you feel the need to report it and seems a bit censorish. No one is being disrespectful and people are trying to work out their points. No one is making or forcing anyone to view or participate in this thread. I mean 14 out of the 84 posts in this thread are yours and this just seems like a agree with me or else thing to me.

Last edited:
I think this thread has value, you just have to be willing to find it and see it. I don't know why you feel the need to report it and seems a bit censorish. No one is being disrespectful and people are trying to work out their points. No one is making or forcing anyone to view or participate in this thread.
dont worry it is common here.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
14 out of the 84 posts in this thread are yours
Way too much time on your hands.

Apparently I'm too busy fabricating evidence and violating people's rights to try to counter all of hopeless' singular examples, one of which is his own vendetta and has nothing to do with the topic.

Last edited:
Way too much time on your hands.

Apparently I'm too busy fabricating evidence and violating people's rights to try to counter all of hopeless' singular examples, one of which is his own vendetta.
Still red herrings and not a shred of proof......

Signaler examples that hilarious. I even posted laws and case precedence that enables police. the denial and logical fallacies are strong in you.

Facts and history and real world examples and basic logic is my own vendetta....okay....dishonest much?

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Still no proof from you. I will gladly read any press release posted by cops swearing up and down against any of the cases i gave you. Prove that the system isn't broken and there are good cops. You said there are more good than bad cops. PROVE IT!

Prove that the law doesn't protect cops and designed to support no accountability.

I provided laws, case law, Sumpreme Court case law, and more that its designed to not keep them accountable.
@rtwjunkie @TheMailMan78
You claim otherwise. Prove it. Don't use red herrings. Use facts.

Also I was never screwed over. I am just honest about the system and see how jacked it is from actual cases, history, and the actual law.

The legislators even include special exceptions for government agents and provide heavier sentencing.

The law itself shows its unconstitutional (equal protections) and bias.

Prove your position...all you got are red herrings.
And you don't seem to comprehend that good goes unreported because ITS NOT NEWS WORTHY. Do I really need to search the internet to prove that Police do good things in our society? Are you that brainwashed to the point you really believe ALL COPS are crooked?

Apparently you are to young to remember such things as the drug wars of the 1980's in places like Miami.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/03/us/police-corruption-plaguing-florida.html

Here is just one minor story of cops being arrested and prosecuted under federal law. ONE CASE OUT HUNDREDS in Dade County ALONE in the 80's. Today they are busted even more! Cops get arrested all the time bubba. As for proving their are good cops......really?

Here I googled it for ya....
https://www.google.com/#q=stories+of+cops+doing+good&*&spf=1
Have fun and be sure to NEVER dial 911.

And you don't seem to comprehend that good goes unreported because ITS NOT NEWS WORTHY. Do I really need to search the internet to prove that Police do good things in our society? Are you that brainwashed to the point you really believe ALL COPS are crooked?

Apparently you are to young to remember such things as the drug wars of the 1980's in places like Miami.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/03/us/police-corruption-plaguing-florida.html

Here is just one minor story of cops being arrested and prosecuted under federal law. ONE CASE OUT HUNDREDS in Dade County ALONE in the 80's. Today they are busted even more! Cops get arrested all the time bubba. As for proving their are good cops......really?

Here I googled it for ya....
https://www.google.com/#q=stories+of+cops+doing+good&*&spf=1
Have fun and be sure to NEVER dial 911.
I explicitly stated you to find examples of press releases....they are all public records and Googleble. Where police or unions condemn any of those travesties I posted. Several cases are of complete corruption and murder.....not one I have found condemning it. I have googled. The entire police department was in on the cover up of murder. The DA was too....your telling me you can't find a slew of people speaking out on it? That isn't press selective reporting thats people being complicit in covering up a murder.

And yes i would never dial 911. I can defend myself. I welcome any moron to walk into my house and see what happens.
(when i get the chance i want to move to an open and carry state and leave Chicago)

let me guess....you think this is okay?
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-hand-them-ice-cream-cones-kids-were-so-happy

It is highly unconstitutional.

EDIT:
http://www.wtvm.com/story/25497239/opelika-police-officer-not-indicted-for-shooting-airman

here is a prime example of how the law allows police to kill citizens. If a citizen did this or any military member in a war zone they would go to jail/brig. I remember ROE briefs and examples of Marines going to jail over stuff like this.

Here is the video.
Anyone else would go to jail for attempted murder. That is how the law is written and how the court systems work. It is a system wide issue and not selective.
(Makes sure "emotionally traumatized" cop-buddy is okay while the victim is bleeding out on the floor for 5 minutes)

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
I explicitly stated you to find examples of press releases....they are all public records and Googleble. Where police or unions condemn any of those travesties I posted. Several cases are of complete corruption and murder.....not one I have found condemning it. I have googled. The entire police department was in on the cover up of murder. The DA was too....your telling me you can't find a slew of people speaking out on it? That isn't press selective reporting thats people being complicit in covering up a murder.

And yes i would never dial 911. I can defend myself. I welcome any moron to walk into my house and see what happens.
(when i get the chance i want to move to an open and carry state and leave Chicago)

let me guess....you think this is okay?
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-hand-them-ice-cream-cones-kids-were-so-happy

It is highly unconstitutional.

EDIT:
http://www.wtvm.com/story/25497239/opelika-police-officer-not-indicted-for-shooting-airman

here is a prime example of how the law allows police to kill citizens. If a citizen did this or any military member in a war zone they would go to jail/brig. I remember ROE briefs and examples of Marines going to jail over stuff like this.

Here is the video.
Anyone else would go to jail for attempted murder. That is how the law is written and how the court systems work. It is a system wide issue and not selective.
Congrats on finding the bad apples. I mean ALL cops HAVE to be the same. We should take this to cultures and race too. Dude I never said they cops were perfect. But I have never seen ANY evidence of ALL police being crooked. But lets take your theory a step further. Chicago is a war zone right now. Murders all day every day. You are from Chicago and are not dead. Therefore you must be a murderer.

See how stupid it sounds? If you can't then I welcome you to prove YOU'RE NOT A MURDERER. Because by your same logic you are in fact a killer. Prove to me you are not.

Congrats on finding the bad apples. I mean ALL cops HAVE to be the same. We should take this to cultures and race too. Dude I never said they cops were perfect. But I have never seen ANY evidence of ALL police being crooked. But lets take your theory a step further. Chicago is a war zone right now. Murders all day every day. You are from Chicago and are not dead. Therefore you must be a murderer.

See how stupid it sounds? If you can't then I welcome you to prove YOU'RE NOT A MURDERER. Because by your same logic you are in fact a killer. Prove to me you are not.
Again...your using red herrings. This is a matter of law. Nothing to do with cops. The courts and law have ruled/made it where cops can shoot anything they want without any penalty when if a citizen did it they would go away for attempted murder or murder. Is this too hard for you to comprehend?

Again nothing but logical fallacies from you.

You are making stuff up as you go...its sad.

Also Chicago isn't a warzone and people have rights. they can't vanish. And Marines in real warzones have stricter rules of engagements for legit reasons. Yet cops can shoot anything that moves and its okay.

If you think cops should have looser ROE than Marines your insane. Cops should not be able to shoot anyone under loser rules than a citizen. It is illogical.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Again...your using red herrings. This is a matter of law. Nothing to do with cops. The courts and law have ruled/made it where cops can shoot anything they want without any penalty when if a citizen did it they would go away for attempted murder or murder. Is this too hard for you to comprehend?
I dunno. You still haven't provided me with any links showing me you are not a murderer.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Speaking of comprehension, it would be great if people could comprehend the topic and stick to it. I won't ask again. Those who fail to do so won't be posting for a while.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Why are you all losing your shit? Have any of you researched this? They only voted to take us back to September, 2016. All this was allowed until the restriction was implemented in October, 2016.:shadedshu:

Everyone upset should have been so during the years prior to last October. But it wasn't noticed then because it wasn't a big deal to most people. So why now? Why act as if all of a sudden privacy is out the door?

And again, @Raevenlord needs to stop dragging TPU into the gutter by bringing in stories about U.S politics. Where is the China politics? EU political stories? Etc, etc.

People WERE fighting for these privacy laws FOR YEARS. I've been apart of multiple organizations fighting for it and among the sponsors are big tech business. Literally the only ones for no privacy laws are the ISPs. Most of the republicans don't care though, they have made it blatantly obvious that they are in office for companies and not the america people.

The average defense I see for it is "Well Google and Facebook do it!" but the big difference there is that you can choose not to use their service. You can't choose your ISP in America because nearly everywhere is a regional monopoly. On top of that, Facebook and Google provide a service in exchange for that data. You already pay your ISP, them selling your data is just double dipping.