• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Voltage and speed adjustments for 4850 in CCC Profile XML file

OK, so I originally just flashed my Visiontek 4850 to the asus BIOS so I could use SmartDoctor and control fan speeds that way. Well then I went over to Vista 64 bit and SmartDoctor doesn't work so i finally succumbed and did the profile edit within CCC to set my fan speed higher. Folding all day I get it only up to 65 degrees under load set at 75% fan speed. Yeah, a little loud but bearable in my Antec 900.

OK so there are voltage and clock speed parameters set in the XML file as well. 3D clock speed adjustments work great and 2D adjustments down to 450MHz seem to work as well. For memory only increases and not decreases work there. I am not sure if my BIOS is over-riding the profile? I dinked around with clock speeds and voltages in the BIOS but have been struggling to get even 700MHz 100% stable. I set the voltage to 1.20v for 3D to top off the soft mod max. Al I want is 700MHz stable dang it! Anyway, I am not sure if it's working or not. I didn't seem to notice an increase in temps between 1.15 and 1.20 running 3D.

What can you guys in the know tell me?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Flash back to your original bios. The only thing I've gotten to work by editing the profile is fan adjustment.

So you think once I go back to my original BIOS then the CCC profile XML file might work properly? Or should I just use GBE and flash to exactly what I want and only do fan speed in the profile?