• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WARZONE] FPS Drop significantly after ALT+TAB

niddler

Hey guys, I've been having this issue for couple of months now.
Its probably only on Warzone, I've been playing some games and they don't do this.

Whats happening is if I ALT+TAB the FPS drop around 50%. I normally play warzone at around 100 FPS and it drops to 50-70 FPS in different areas, which is unplayable for me.
I normally watch twitch or youtube videos on my second monitor, and thats what I'm doing all the time, and this is the only game I know that does this. I also play Cold War but it doesn't do this.
My SPECS are:
3060 TI
Ryzen 5 5600x
32GB RAM
playing at 1440p in Fullscreen BORDERLESS.

I'll explain more deeply whats happening:
Case 1: If I'm in-game playing warzone at 100 FPS and I ALT+TAB to my second monitor and then ALT+TAB back in to the game, nothing changes, it keeps the same FPS and everything is normal.
Case 2: After case 1 (without ALT+TAB anymore) and the game ends, and I start another game, the FPS drop to 50-70 FPS.

This is confusing because if I ALT+TAB while in-game nothing changes, but the very next game the FPS drop and I don't know why.
The FPS dont come back unless I close the game and run it again.

I used GPU-Z to test all of the GPU Stats when the game drops the FPS, here's the comparison: FIXES I TRIED:
I tried to DDU and reinstall graphics drivers but no fix.
I tried playing in FullScreen but the same problem happens.
I tried Unnistalling but nothing.

Anyone can help me with this? Is frustating having to restart the game EVERY game I do because I always alt+tab out of the game.

System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
go to documents, delete the CoD MW folder and start the game.

2.play in fullscreen.

niddler

go to documents, delete the CoD MW folder and start the game.

2.play in fullscreen.
I tried deleting it but didnt fix.
I really don't want to play in fullscreen due to alt tabbing out, but even if I play fullscreen and I tab out, it still happens the same bug.