• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watch Dogs 2 Uses EasyAntiCheat - Monitors Systems, Potentially Prevents Modding

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
So no unlocking full graphics? :p

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
So, anti-cheating systems are the new DRM?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Games don't even have single player cheats anymore. I remember how fun it was figuring out how to use cheats in Half-Life.

I remember how fun it was chasing down locations in save files and hex editing them to give myself 65,535 gold.
Companies are of course entitled to let us play the way they want (as we're entitled to pass on titles that don't play the way we want), but screwing with the OS because some EULA nobody reads says it's ok, is crossing so many lines...

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
So, anti-cheating systems are the new DRM?
Actually, the new DRM is "you only get a part of the game, the rest is on the server, thus you only own the right to log in".

Where's this TOS from? The anti-cheat's website says within their privacy policy:

"We only handle data relevant to the identification of cheats, as found in the Unit's runtime memory during online play or as collected by the game server. Other than that, we do not store any data on individual users and have no intent to ever do so. There are three steps in how session specific data is stored and processed."
https://www.easyanticheat.net/privacy/
Also it appears it would only be Ubisoft spying on you as
"we do offer the possibility for uploading in–game screenshots to the organiser's servers. Note that those screenshots will never touch our servers. In order to participate in such tournaments you need to agree with the organiser's EULA, EasyAntiCheat is not responsible for the data in any way. In these cases, the EULA is fundamentally different from the one typically used by EasyAntiCheat's integrated games"
As this only takes in-game screenshots, only during tournaments and only by request of the organizer
Anyways, punkbuster does the same, and punkbuster runs 24/7 not just when you're in game, I'm sure you've All used PunkBuster at one point, or still use it [Mainly battlefield]
"Licensee acknowledges that PunkBuster software is optional and is not a requirement in any respect for using or enjoying games that integrate PunkBuster software technology. Licensee also acknowledges and agrees that PunkBuster software is self-updating, which means that future updates will, from time to time and without any notice, automatically be downloaded and installed as a normal and expected function of PunkBuster software. Licensee further acknowledges and accepts that PunkBuster software may be considered invasive. Licensee understands that PunkBuster software inspects and reports information about the computer on which it is installed to other connected computers and Licensee agrees to allow PunkBuster software to inspect and report such information about the computer on which Licensee installs PunkBuster software. Licensee understands and agrees that the information that may be inspected and reported by PunkBuster software includes, but is not limited to, Licensee's Internet Protocol Address, devices and any files residing on the hard-drive and in the memory of the computer on which PunkBuster software is installed. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that if Licensee does not want Licensor to collect and process such information, Licensee should not use the PunkBuster software. Further, Licensee consents to allow PunkBuster software to transfer actual screenshots taken of Licensee�s computer during the operation of PunkBuster software for possible publication. Licensee understands that the purpose and goal of PunkBuster is to ensure a cheat-free environment for all participants in online games. Licensee agrees that the invasive nature of PunkBuster software is necessary to meet this purpose and goal. Licensee agrees that any harm or lack of privacy resulting from the installation and use of PunkBuster software is not as valuable to Licensee as the potential ability to play interactive online games with the benefits afforded by using PunkBuster software."

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Dont believe a word of the EasyAntiCheat TOS/Privacy Policy, they DO a complete system scan (and I do mean everything) and they DO upload ALL that information. I encountered this system with 7 Days to Die, and I'll never purchase or play another game with this type of addon bullshit software. If you block its connection to the internet you cant play the game.

This system shows the total disrespect for loyal players and this kind of thing is only needed if there is weak game design.

All this means is that I will recommend that anyone NOT to buy this game. Just say no!

Where's this TOS from? The anti-cheat's website says within their privacy policy:

"We only handle data relevant to the identification of cheats, as found in the Unit's runtime memory during online play or as collected by the game server. Other than that, we do not store any data on individual users and have no intent to ever do so. There are three steps in how session specific data is stored and processed."
https://www.easyanticheat.net/privacy/
Also it appears it would only be Ubisoft spying on you as
"we do offer the possibility for uploading in–game screenshots to the organiser's servers. Note that those screenshots will never touch our servers. In order to participate in such tournaments you need to agree with the organiser's EULA, EasyAntiCheat is not responsible for the data in any way. In these cases, the EULA is fundamentally different from the one typically used by EasyAntiCheat's integrated games"
As this only takes in-game screenshots, only during tournaments and only by request of the organizer
Anyways, punkbuster does the same, and punkbuster runs 24/7 not just when you're in game, I'm sure you've All used PunkBuster at one point, or still use it [Mainly battlefield]
"Licensee acknowledges that PunkBuster software is optional and is not a requirement in any respect for using or enjoying games that integrate PunkBuster software technology. Licensee also acknowledges and agrees that PunkBuster software is self-updating, which means that future updates will, from time to time and without any notice, automatically be downloaded and installed as a normal and expected function of PunkBuster software. Licensee further acknowledges and accepts that PunkBuster software may be considered invasive. Licensee understands that PunkBuster software inspects and reports information about the computer on which it is installed to other connected computers and Licensee agrees to allow PunkBuster software to inspect and report such information about the computer on which Licensee installs PunkBuster software. Licensee understands and agrees that the information that may be inspected and reported by PunkBuster software includes, but is not limited to, Licensee's Internet Protocol Address, devices and any files residing on the hard-drive and in the memory of the computer on which PunkBuster software is installed. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that if Licensee does not want Licensor to collect and process such information, Licensee should not use the PunkBuster software. Further, Licensee consents to allow PunkBuster software to transfer actual screenshots taken of Licensee�s computer during the operation of PunkBuster software for possible publication. Licensee understands that the purpose and goal of PunkBuster is to ensure a cheat-free environment for all participants in online games. Licensee agrees that the invasive nature of PunkBuster software is necessary to meet this purpose and goal. Licensee agrees that any harm or lack of privacy resulting from the installation and use of PunkBuster software is not as valuable to Licensee as the potential ability to play interactive online games with the benefits afforded by using PunkBuster software."
I never use/used punkbuster. Ever. My friends did and a lot of the time it didn't work or stop people from cheating. But any company that says "only we will have your info" is lying through their teeth.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Quick question: Even with user consent, is this shit legal?? I mean installing a malware or spyware with user consent, because of stupidity, still don't make those legal. Same thing here...

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
its garbage anyway its already been bypassed into the ground for literally YEARS
some cs:go leagues use it and its as effective as a bugzapper with no lightbulb

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Quick question: Even with user consent, is this shit legal?? I mean installing a malware or spyware with user consent, because of stupidity, still don't make those legal. Same thing here...
im some countries its not, but by agreeing to the EULA you waive any rights to bitch about it.

To regain the capability of RTSS, Steam, and more in-game, use the "-eac_launcher" argument on a shortcut. This will disable MP functions of the game entirely though.

As a result, RTSS, Steam, and anything else will be able to run.

Also, a bunch of us from Guru3D emailed EAC and got a response back saying they are working on updating their internal whitelist. THey gave a time-frame of "by the next game update". For anyone wanting to read more, see the comments: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/up...heat-system-blocks-rtss-overlay-software.html

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
To regain the capability of RTSS, Steam, and more in-game, use the "-eac_launcher" argument on a shortcut. This will disable MP functions of the game entirely though.

As a result, RTSS, Steam, and anything else will be able to run.

Also, a bunch of us from Guru3D emailed EAC and got a response back saying they are working on updating their internal whitelist. THey gave a time-frame of "by the next game update". For anyone wanting to read more, see the comments: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/up...heat-system-blocks-rtss-overlay-software.html

I completely missed this earlier about it also blocking RTSS. :shadedshu:

Thanks for the update!

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Damn and I got this game for free...

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Forgive my ignorance, but what does "RTSS" stand for?

No problem at all! :) It stands for Real Time Statistics Server. It is the add-on that installs with Afterburner and Precision, essentially the old Rivatuner.

What it does is display as little or as much info as you want about your GPU and system onto the screen as you want.

It allows you to monitor GPU temperature, GPU usage, GPU fan speed, CPU usage, VRAM usage, RAM usage.

These are all nice things to have on the screen, especially as games push our equipment even harder, we don't want to overheat. At least if we see a problem with RTSS up, we can stop the game to figure out what is wrong. Not having it available in a new game can be a problem.

Ah, Gotcha. We in this circle of geeks call that kind of thing a "System Monitor". But it's all good. To each their own.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Lol, ok. This is a huge nest of geeks, but we don't get all caught up on names. Since it's official name is RTSS you'll find quite a few here that use the term...heck I can't think of a much more geeky-sounding name than that! :D

It's all good.