• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water cooling loop question

Any adverse effects for a setup with different O/D fittings in the same loop?

1/2" OD fitting at the res outlet, to 1/2" OD pump inlet, 1/2" OD pump outlet to 1/2" OD radiator inlet, 1/2" OD Radiator outlet to 1/2" OD GPU inlet, 1/2" OD GPU outlet to 3/8" OD radiator inlet, 3/8" OD radiator outlet to 3/8" OD CPU inlet, 3/8" OD CPU outlet to 3/8" OD RES inlet?

Thanks; I guess that the flow would be the same as if all the fittings were 3/8".

I cobbled together a couple of old atx cases. One side for the pump/res/rads, the other side for the board/drives etc.. I had to move the 5.25" cage and PSU to the top of the case on the computer side, working on mounting the psu, then enclosing the drives and PSU with left over bits/side panels or maybe some plexy? I figure once I get everything together with propper nuts and bolts, then leak tested, I can work on covering the extra holes, and making front and side panels. I was hoping to find a bunch of circuit boards that I could strip components off, then use the boards to make case panels, or some plexy? Made a res out of 2" abs tube with a 1/2" OD barb to the pump near the bottom of the res, and a 3/8" barb res inlet, that sits below the water level, but above the CPU outlet, then a couple 3/8" 90 degree angle barbs, connected to the top and bottom caps of the res, to show the water level in the res.. Still have to mount the radiators and pump, n lotsa little things. So I may be a couple more days before I can even power up the board n 2900 :(

Attachments

• IMG_0063s.jpg
    IMG_0063s.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 423
Got the heater core supports in/PSU mount and drive cage riv'd down. PSU fan hole and cable through's cut out. Front panels removed and everything setup to be flush with possibly an outer skin of plexi, or other suitable panel material, Just need to put in some standoff's and rivet a top cross brace to the PSU mount, then a hold down plate to pull the top of the heater core against the front of the case. Went ahead and sprayed the chassis with some rubberized undercoating. First photo, full chassis, second photo, radiator support with cork pads.

Attachments

• IMG_0071s.jpg
    IMG_0071s.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0076s.JPG
    IMG_0076s.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 311