• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Washington was as close to royalty/noblemen USA ever got so it makes sense that he was above average. But you're right, I based my figures loosely on Napolean's misquoted height of 5'2" when he was most likely about 5'7" which coincides exactly with that broader study you linked. That sounds about what Jacob should be (give or take an inch or two) because Jacob wasn't nobility/royalty at all. Lara should be about eye-to-eye to him and he should be about eye-to-eye to the rest of the male Remnants with the females being a little bit shorter. The relationship for Jonah to Lara is probably about right--he's a big dude. Konstantin too. Ana should match Lara give or take.

It's just sad that they didn't even try. The skeletons of males are all copy-pasta and the skeletons of females are all copy-pasta. It really trashed immersion for me.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Washington was as close to royalty/noblemen USA ever got so it makes sense that he was above average. But you're right, I based my figures loosely on Napolean's misquoted height of 5'2" when he was most likely about 5'7" which coincides exactly with that broader study you linked. That sounds about what Jacob should be (give or take an inch or two) because Jacob wasn't nobility/royalty at all. Lara should be about eye-to-eye to him and he should be about eye-to-eye to the rest of the male Remnants with the females being a little bit shorter. The relationship for Jonah to Lara is probably about right--he's a big dude. Konstantin too. Ana should match Lara give or take.

It's just sad that they didn't even try. The skeletons of males are all copy-pasta and the skeletons of females are all copy-pasta. It really trashed immersion for me.

Way off point now, but I sort of had an "aha" moment. Makes me wonder now if this was the thing going on in people's minds that made many defer to nobles. The nobles were simply bigger, and drank more milk as kids :D They may have given a literal impression that they were "higher beings".

It also partly ties into the various peasants' revolts that started happening after the Plague and slowly ushered in Magna Carta and other democratic foundations. The plague destroyed the illusion of health, and nobles looked weak... they died like the rest.. but peasants at this point outnumbered them even more and had bargaining power (and slowly lived like nobles themselves or owned land.. and grew healthy too).

Oh, Henry VIII was apparently 6'2" as well. Oooh.. and Edward Longshanks too.

It's also curious in descriptions from the nobles of Joan of Arc, they called her short and a little muscular.. Yet her clothing and some other accounts puts her at 5'2". Strange if 5'2" was short enough for them to remark on - of a teenage girl no less. Unless they were clearly taller themselves.

Eh, back to Gaming.

Last edited:
System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
playing Warframe & Heroes of the Storm. Keeping boredom at bay before Forza Horizon 4 comes out & probably have enough patience until Metro Exodus & Cyberpunk 2077 unleashes out into the wild along with a GPU upgrade in the works.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
playing Warframe & Heroes of the Storm. Keeping boredom at bay before Forza Horizon 4 comes out & probably have enough patience until Metro Exodus & Cyberpunk 2077 unleashes out into the wild along with a GPU upgrade in the works.

I'm relaxed now knowing Cyberpunk may get released next year. Got lots of time to catch up with what I already have. It's the only thing I've been hyped about though.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
think we have plenty of time to wait for its release. Also a good excuse for me to save up.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Not necessarily. 300 years ago George Washington was 6'4". And the reason I'm tall (although my mom is a 5'2" Asian woman) is my Dad's family is Danish. He was 6'7". Those genes (and old descriptions of Vikings) came from somewhere. Norsemen weren't just terrifying over time. They were terrifying even back then.

I also think a lot depends on diet. I can't remember where I heard this, but I think they've measured skeletons of poor peasant class kids versus rich ones in medieval times, and there's a notable difference. I wish I could dig it up for my own curiosity now. There is this study though: They found that the average man was more like 5'7" in the medieval era. Which isn't too much shorter from now (definitely not 4'6" at least).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ieval-ancestors-just-tall-says-new-study.html

Lastly.. An odd curiosity - and it may make you roll your eyes - but I find it interesting that the figure in the Shroud of Turin is depicted to be about 5'11 or 6'0. Forget if it was from 1st century Palestine. That's not my point. It's just as interesting if it was a hoax from the late medieval age.

edit: That was a huge derail, sorry.

I still don't disagree that Lara should be taller. :)

Bah.. got Washington's height wrong. He was 6'2". Lincoln a hundred years later was 6'4".

I want to derail too! Because this is really interesting.

You know how it's commonly said how North Koreans are shorter than South Koreans doe to malnourishment? It's true. Vikings were taller than others back then ... but shorter than nordic people are now. For roughly the same reasons. Romans were quite short as well (depending on time and area obviously, as it was quite a large place and pretty long lived), the army was less than 170cm on average iirc. And the old saying that japanese were short? Malnourishment, and for some reason the average height for them has declined since the 80's. Living conditions and food has a huge impact on physical development, which makes sense. And it's interesting to read some books (mostly I'm thinking about Terry Pratchett) where they describe people 6 feet tall as being really tall.

I made a poll btw!

On topic. Just crafted Avenger, a legendary relic. Took a few hours to farm everything, and bring order in my vast inventory. I've never sold an epic throughout the game, but now I have cleaned house so I now longer have three identical pretty useless axes, but instead only one. Also all my resistances are up so now I can survive the finals of Elite, and maybe even some dungeon bosses. That will take a few more levels though, and possibly some better eqipment. I really should take a look at reseting my devotion points as they are ... not bad as such, but they're not planned or thought out in the least, I just placed points in what I thought was a good idea at them time. Not ideal for long term survivability.

EDIT: Also Two Point Hospital is only a 1.5GB download... Plenty small enough for my poor mobile connection. Seriously considering it.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I got my eyes on Two Point. It's a spiritual Successor to Theme Hospital which was a fantastic game. As always, I wait to buy until they're done pushing DLCs and patches.

Since my friend has been under the weather so we can't take on Endurance mode, I started achievement hunting in Thief 4. Most of the achivements I have left are 110% OCD required so this is going to take a very long time.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Reinstalling my system. No gaming for me for awhile. I swear, it takes like two weeks to get my Steam library back. :(

As much as I love my U.2 drive, my (28 lane) x299/Core-X shuts off PCIe slot 2. I need it.

Since my friend has been under the weather so we can't take on Endurance mode, I started achievement hunting in Thief 4. Most of the achivements I have left are 110% OCD required so this is going to take a very long time.

Do you like the Thief remake? I think it looks great, but unfortunately doesn't hold a candle to the old ones. It's too bad really. Square didn't do so bad reviving the other Eidos stuff (you of course disagree on Tomb Raider.. so I wonder if you like this more).

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Reinstalling my system. No gaming for me for awhile. I swear, it takes like two weeks to get my Steam library back. :(

As much as I love my U.2 drive, my (28 lane) x299/Core-X shuts off PCIe slot 2. I need it.

You could use something like Macrium Reflect Free to migrate to a different drive, I do that all the time for clients and family, whether it's HDD to SSD, or larger drive, or different boot drive, or w/e. That would save you time for sure. I'm only assuming you're going SATA for SSD or HDD storage now to get your PCIe slot 2 back?

Game-wise, GalCiv 3 and Factorio for my strategy gaming and for some FPS action got back into Titanfall 2 with my youngest son. We're having a great time, he's surpassed me, but still close enough we can keep it competitive! :D

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro

Why do you have them on the OS drive at all? I've seperated my OS drive from my "stuff" drives since the 90's. And the Steam folder can be moved without external tools, you just have to specidy the new location and then redownload the game, which will look for local files first, and find them. It's not very quick and it's still hands-on for every game, but quicker than redownloading everything.

Me I'm thinking I have to pause Grim Dawn for a while. I had some Southern Comfort last night, slept badly and dreamt about the game all night long. Probably a sign of some sort.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Why do you have them on the OS drive at all? I've seperated my OS drive from my "stuff" drives since the 90's. And the Steam folder can be moved without external tools, you just have to specidy the new location and then redownload the game, which will look for local files first, and find them. It's not very quick and it's still hands-on for every game, but quicker than redownloading everything.

Me I'm thinking I have to pause Grim Dawn for a while. I had some Southern Comfort last night, slept badly and dreamt about the game all night long. Probably a sign of some sort.

It's complicated. I split operations and installed some apps on the secondary drive (and things like the Documents folder were on the Secondary drive too). If it was all Games, it'd be easy.

Anyways, I'll get through it. Thanks for the advice (to the above guy too).

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Do you like the Thief remake? I think it looks great, but unfortunately doesn't hold a candle to the old ones. It's too bad really. Square didn't do so bad reviving the other Eidos stuff (you of course disagree on Tomb Raider.. so I wonder if you like this more).
Yes. Honestly, I don't know why people hate on it. Other than the weirdness with Erin (which is mostly isolated to the prologue), it's still a Thief game. I was shocked/surprised that the few times Thief does wall traversing, it does it 1000 times better than Tomb Raider does. It's fast, fluid, doesn't let the player make stupid mistakes (that Garrett obviously wouldn't do), and the environmental triggers associated with it aren't exaggerated/over used. It doesn't break immersion like the same mechanic in Tomb Raider does. Speaking of immersion, I noticed music is very, very rare in Thief.

All of my games are on a 6 TB HDD that's rapidly filling up. Whenever I reinstall Windows, I just have to run Steam, GOG, Origin, and Ubisoft Launcher on there and they fix themselves/detect everything installed. No additional software required.

Usually back in a game within four hours of starting the install process.

...slept badly and dreamt...
Weird, same thing happened to me but it wasn't game related dreams at all.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yes. Honestly, I don't know why people hate on it. Other than the weirdness with Erin (which is mostly isolated to the prologue), it's still a Thief game. I was shocked/surprised that the few times Thief does wall traversing, it does it 1000 times better than Tomb Raider does. It's fast, fluid, doesn't let the player make stupid mistakes (that Garrett obviously wouldn't do), and the environmental triggers associated with it aren't exaggerated/over used. It doesn't break immersion like the same mechanic in Tomb Raider does. Speaking of immersion, I noticed music is very, very rare in Thief.

I played it for a few hours, and some of the sneaking was alright, but no jumping and that stupid parkour thing in the beginning made it feel like a sneak-on-rails thing. Just give me a huge, totally open level, and give me something to steal, and The Metal Age also happened to have a decent story. Thief didn't do that. Did it have the stylized intros to the missions? I don't remember if it even had missions.

And they changed the character and voice actor, but kept the name. That was just pure sadness for me.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Just give me a huge, totally open level, and give me something to steal,
You get a lot of that later. It ends up being pretty decent, even fun.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I played it for a few hours, and some of the sneaking was alright, but no jumping and that stupid parkour thing in the beginning made it feel like a sneak-on-rails thing.
Sneaking is more or less the same across all four games. Jumping is contextual (likely so you don't get stuck on props). The parkour thing is mostly just that one time in the prologue. It shows that you can do it and also that Erin has a different approach to thievery than you. I suppose it is possible to run around and parkour through the city but I doubt many players do.

Just give me a huge, totally open level, and give me something to steal, and The Metal Age also happened to have a decent story.
That's what the city is between chapters. The client jobs are usually that way too. The chapters tend to be more on rails.

Did it have the stylized intros to the missions?
There's usually a cutscene. Game actually has quite a few cutscenes.

And they changed the character and voice actor, but kept the name. That was just pure sadness for me.
Yeah, that was a downer but Garrett is the strong silent type so I didn't mind as much as I minded Michael Ironsides not voicing Sam Fisher. With Sam Fisher, he talks frequently during interrogations and with whomever your controller is. Most of the dialogs in Thief are intros and outros with one liner comments at specific points (e.g. something about using the claw to get over that wall or "nice find" when picking up a collectible).

I think it's more that the guy that replaced Ironsides wasn't as good of a fit for the character as the guy that replaced Garrett's voice. Both voice actors of Garrett fit the character in my opinion. The guy they got to replace Ironsides just sounded like an average dude where Ironsides has that dark, assertive, gravelly voice that matches Sam Fisher's personality perfectly. The guy that does the Arby's commercials would have been a better fit for Fisher than the guy they recruited. A case of bad casting.

Last edited:
System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
played AK for a few hours today,got some more achievements,i gotta tell you I love this friggin game,the setting,the mechanics,the gameplay and the combat, easily one of my favorites despite all technical problems.

Last edited:
Processor AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard msi 970A SLI Krait Edition
Cooling COOL IT A.I.O/Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
Memory GSkill Ripjaws DDR3/8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 650Ti
Storage Colorful 640GB SSD
Case Silverstone Raven RV02
Power Supply XFX450WPro
MotoGP 18

So, so impressed by this game. Not totally surprised considering Milestone did such a great job with the "Ride" series, unlike Kylotonn with that absolutely pathetic IOM:TT game.
20180901230526_1.jpg

20180901230507_1.jpg
20180901231334_1.jpg

Game looks and runs super smooth, the career mode is replayable to death, AI is fantastic and has a good range for adjusting, player customisation is there and just right too. Sound quality is fantastic.

I'm not sure if I would recommend this over Ride 2 since it's purely short circuit GP racing however I'm hopeful that if another Ride title comes along that they'll implement some of the features in this game.

Well worth checking out if it's your kinda thing.

System Name Ultima
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard MSI Mag B550M Mortar
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 rev4 w/ Ryzen offset mount
Memory G.SKill Ripjaws V 2x16GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB Gen4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB , 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD sata,
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG249Q3A 24" 1080p 165-180Hz VRR
Case DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200 Audio/Nvidia HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3 Wireless | Wacom Intuos CTH-480
Keyboard A4Tech B314 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
It's very slow going in Thief. I did the Bank Heist (rob a bank side job), Hand Tailored (steal a mechanical hand from a tailor shop side job), and another chapter as well as trying my best to comb through all the loot in the Stone Market and South Quarter sections of the city. Still have for sure two more side job, five more chapters, and at least one more section of the city left to do.

The game actually surprised me. I'm requiring myself to get all of the loot in every mission and some loot is hard to get because of guards/civilians. On top of that, you can get one more playstyle objective: ghost, opportunist, or predator but in order to qualify, you have to do the objective for it and have a majority of that style. On this last map, ghost was remain undetected (usually pretty easy but ghost means leaving everyone untouched and putting everything back the way you found it), opportunist was to not knockout or kill anyone (not easy at all when trying to collect all of the loot), and predator was aerial takedown 5 people (usually don't do predator because it costs in terms of arrows). The previous two chapters I did opportunist because that's just how it ends up knocking out people and riffling through everything. Because opportunist refuses that approach on this chapter and ghost would mean giving up on collecting all the loot, I was forced to play as predator. First time ever in the game, in fact. Needless to say, bodies hit the floor (often with my added weight :laugh:) and everyone's pockets are lighter except mine. :roll:

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i9-12900K
Motherboard Z690 GAMING X DDR4
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML280 Mirror
Memory 32GB Team Group T-Create Xpert @3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC
Storage TEAM_TM8FP6512G_V1.6.C1/KINGSTON_SA400S361K1/T-FORCE_512GB
Display(s) ASUS VG279Q 144Hz
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow
Audio Device(s) S.M.S.L. Sanskrit MKII V2 DAC + Mackie CR3
Power Supply ROG-STRIX-1000G
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Sentey Ghost Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 23H2
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Not exactly gaming related, but since I'm reinstalling my system, I've been exploring a lot of software. It's kind of amazing how many great and free development tools there out there (games related and otherwise). From Microsoft as well. This was unthinkable when I was younger. Too bad I'm not that skilled. Kids nowadays have so much within their reach.

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Motherboard Msi z270 titanium
Cooling Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16gb (2x8gb) corsair LPX vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx 1080ti
Storage 1tb Samsung SSD, 4tb Seagate HDD, 8tb Seagate HDD
Display(s) Dell 23" ST 2310 60hz 1080p monitor
Case Cooler Master H500M
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 headphone
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 850. 850W
Mouse Regular mouse
Keyboard Regular keyboard
Software Windows 10 64 bit

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I'm playing The Council. I absolutely got hooked! Before I knew it, 10 hours had passed and I had finished the first 3 episodes. o_O It is an adventure game with fantastic writing and story, with RPG elements, which assist you in your verbal engagements and observations, and choices which really do seem to matter. You can easily lose out on whole elements of the narrative, or have different results with people depending on your sentence choices. Sometimes you can't help it, because you didn't invest in a skill, for which you use the points you get periodically for being successful.

Downside? It's episodic. 4th episode releases next month. Also, voice acting is overdone and cringe-worthy, as far as the accents.

Overlook those things, and you a nice adventure which starts out as a type of world illuminati meeting, and becomes a version of Clue, somewhat.

Now THERE is a dilemma! :laugh:

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Well, that was an exercise in frustration. Giving up an SSD for my system drive is harder than I thought. Went back to the old setup..

But! No one told me Optane can now run on secondary drives (8th Gen boards). I decided to try it on x299, and despite not being 8th gen, it works. This is freaking sweet. So now running U.2 Optane on my main drive.. and a 10tb HDD with optane memory for secondary. It's better than mere caching, if you use the Optane app (not RST)… since you can select specific programs or games you want to go into it. If you want a lot of space, it doesn't seem like we can do better than this.. until 10TB SSDs are within reach.

Anyways, haven't downloaded much. Doing the slow process of adding a bunch of retro ROMs (RetroArch). Thousands upon thousands of little files to scan. Wish there was a faster way to do this.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
Overlook those things, and you a nice adventure which starts out as a type of world illuminati meeting, and becomes a version of Clue, somewhat.

Sounds intreuging. Wishlisted!

Taking a break from Grim Dawn ultimate ... with other Grim Dawn chars. Trying a dual gunslinging Mage Hunter (inquisitor/arcanist) and it's a lot slower than the necromancer. Really need some decent AoE damage, but I'm just in my teens so far so we'll see how it develops. Hoping to find the last pieces of some low level sets while I'm at it.

And I am seriously considering changing name of my main char (by external tools). I named him Sandro, expecting to do a necromancer, but I didn't have the expansion in which the necro is, so I became a Commando (soldier/demolitionist) instead. Thinking about Terek. The necro's called Vidomina amd the gunslinger is Orrin. Notice a theme? :)