• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1?? and Sound BlasterX AE-5

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Well guys, actually he wasnt asking what is the best way to get audiophile approved superb sound!!? He asked, which of the cards are the best, not what is the best for what you guys use it for. In technology, which one is the best, now he got me wondering. Not which one does the best audiophile approved sound, but if compared to graphics cards... say a 1080Ti, a AMD Radeon VEGA64 and some third shit, i would say... buy the 1080ti, if not, the VEga, and lastly the shitt! I wouldnt say, well, it depends on what hdmi ccable you are using... wtf... are you guys fucking with this dude, is that youre bully the noob fix for the day? Cmon, its not hard to F;ing give the guy a very educated guess to what would fit his needs the best... be fucking professional if you want to seem that you are!? And thats that... cya thx for the instaBAN

Lol you are so weak! Stand up for you shit, instead of silence the one that actually said what normal "non" computer nerds like the likes of you morons are, would say/ask! Fucking muppets!

His question is more akin to "Which is best? An apple, or an orange?"

It's a personal preference thing. There are no reliable benchmarks to gauge anything like "audio quality." It's perceptive.

i have some questions because i can get more opinions
and to see wich to buy
i dont do something bad

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
the only opinion at the end of the day that matters is yours. Only you and your pocket book can make that decision. You can get opinions all day long comparing anything with pros and cons to each. You are the one that has to live with it and listen to it. If you like the STX 2 over the Creative Z then buy what you think is best. As for doing something bad that is also your end call, buyers remorse. Why did I spend $220 on the stx 2 when I could saved $100 and went with the Z? It is your call, we can only make suggestions and it is up to you to decide. Best of Luck!

edit - I know the creative Z was not on the list it is there for reference only on my part.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
and to see wich to buy
i dont do something bad

No but an issue that you need to realize you're creating is from your repeating questions and expecting quick & definitive answers where some may not exist, like "which is best between A or B?". Sometimes what is best for me or another member is not what's best for you. That and creating multiple threads on the same topic(s), and then asking 20 questions per post, repeatedly. These signal other members that you might be spamming or have some malicious intent, even when you don't. Lastly, if members answer and you keep asking questions in a pushy or demanding way, it can be viewed as a negative thing, especially if members already answered those questions for you, meaning you may find fewer members are willing to answer your questions because of how you're acting on the forums.

As a few of us have told you, we cannot tell you what to buy, but we can tell you our opinions of what we chose, like, dislike. There's a lot of time and effort you need to spend to make sure the investment you make works for YOU. That's something we cannot do. We can send you in the right direction, but it is your wallet and your choice. That's completely your responsibility, not anybody here. But we can at least give you some fuel to fire up your research, which has been done in all of your threads last I checked. :)

I'd say just relax a little bit, keep your posts simpler (as you have with a couple of recent posts), take more time to read and appreciate what's been offered by those that are actually taking the time to help (sadly, some are failing at this... they do not speak for or reflect the whole of the TPU community), odds are some of the questions you continue to ask have been answered. If more folks aren't piping in it's because they think you may be a spammer, someone else answered how they would've or they don't know. I do know one thing for sure, everything will be okay!

:toast:

thanks Kursah
i will wait for to get more opinion

i am good person

i am not bad person

you are the best comunity

teckpower up is the best

if someone had one from these cards it wouild be easier for me to take one choise.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
His question is more akin to "Which is best? An apple, or an orange?"

It's a personal preference thing. There are no reliable benchmarks to gauge anything like "audio quality." It's perceptive.

Beyond a point anyway, but up to that point you can definitely get better sound for not "much" money. Whetheryou care or not is a different question. :)

alpacalord1998

thanks Kursah
i will wait for to get more opinion

i am good person

i am not bad person

you are the best comunity

teckpower up is the best

if someone had one from these cards it wouild be easier for me to take one choise.
I do not understand why these folks do not want to help you, however, I do own both sound cards and many others and I can tell you only what I know from my experience with these cards. The Asus Essence STX II has two options which are very different in setup. The Asus Essence STX II is available as a single card 2.1 stereo configuration where there are two analog plugs for right and left, there are two large-format input ports for analog mic input and output however they are limited to mono only not stereo. there is an Asus Essence STX II 7.1 version which has an expansion card that allows a 7.1 configuration, however, it requires a specialized set of adapters that are exclusive to Asus. Performance between the Asus STXII and the Soundblaster cards is near identical however Asus has more expensive components and exclusive design to help eliminate sound distortion and interference which makes it sound great, the Asus STXII also features custom interchangeable chips for sound with a kit supposedly purchased separately from Asus. I would suggest if you are software savvy to purchase the Asus Essence STXII VS. the Sound Blaster both sound great but the Asus is a professional type card requiring a bit of study and interest in technical tuning and sound. message me if you have any other questions or need suggestions for other devices I say you are right, experience best helps us choose different devices pros and cons.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I have an Essence ST, very good card though it’s old now. It even made it into Stereophile magazine.

mtssler

Hello Mike 3w3............

First and foremost, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the community giving you a hard time on this question !!!

It is a very valid question and I completely get why you were FORCED to repost the same question many times..........YES, its because nobody answered you properly !!!!.....Because nobody new the answer !!!

I have logged in........ JUST in defense of you for this.

I too have the same question because in 2011 I bought and Asus Xonar Essence which I use and love to this moment.

I too am finally making a new very high-end build and looked at the specs of the 7.1 newer version Essence II and noticed that some specs were exceeded by the Strix Raid DLX.

I too am wondering OTHERS real world experience if they bought the STRIX RAID DLX vs their older Essence or the Essence II. (and compared to Creatives Z card too)

Hey Mike3W3.......dont be too put off by the responses as it will be rare anyone reading has bought both to compare, and maybe this is why you got all these snarky remarks I am so upset with !!

Yes, one fella said that because his Xonar ESSence was fantastic, you should simply get the newer version 2 of the Essence card. Hey both have the same Burr Brown DAC........just an addon card really to make the 5.1 card into a 7.1 card really. I agree with this logic.

Yes My personal input would be the same !!! I just LOVE my 2011 Xonar Essence sound quality for MUSIC !!! Nothing I have heard to 2019 has topped it yet...........but I have not heard the version II yet, nor have I heard the Strix Raid, (or for that matter the Creative Z card as of late..........but know the latter is NOT a higher end card that of the Essence !!!!!!!!!!) Online recommendations for the Z card are only because of price and gaming usage..........but NOT HI-FI !!

Maybe one year later........at the time of my post.....others finally have finally bought the version ii Essence and/or the Strix Raid DLX to compare to their old Xonars???

I would love to hear.

Likely one year later, today, you have already long made a decision. I would love to hear what it was and how things are going.

Happy holidays...........and I hope the posters on this thread did not put you off too much as they did me with their disregard to a simple question.

Madmike Plungerhead
Audiophile

#hi i want to buy one new soundcard and i am between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1

i dont know which to buy?

what is the difference between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 ? and which is the best?
i want the soundcard for games, music and movies

so which soundcard are you suggested me to buy?
Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1? or
Sound BlasterX AE-5??

i am playing games ,, music and movies/

in music i am hearing everything trance house all the kind of music ..
i am playing all the kind of games././

WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1?? and Sound BlasterX AE-5??
.if i buy Asus Strix Raid DLX will it be good for music and movies?? will i hear in songs very clear and beauty sound?

and i have one more question with Asus Strix Raid DLX can i put and one custom 5.1 speakers?

Asus Strix Raid DLX supports only gaming headsets? or it suports all the kind of headsets?

so which soundcard to buy from these 3??
Strix Raid DLX or Essence STX II or Sound BlasterX AE-5??

some people say that Strix Raid DLX is good

another people say that is garbage

some another people say that asus stx 2.7.1 is very good

some people say that is not good

so from these 3 which one is the best??

do you believe that Soundblaster AE-5 is better than asus stx ii 7.1 and asus dlx??
can you tell me why is better from these 3?

i am asking because i dont know

the most people say that dlx is garbage product
another people say that asus stx 7.1 is old and has problems with drivers

some another people say that soynblaster AE-5 has problems with the souroynd and the bass and with the volume..

for this i dont which to buy?

can you tell me please which to buy please?? from these 3??

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Hello Mike 3w3............

First and foremost, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the community giving you a hard time on this question !!!

It is a very valid question and I completely get why you were FORCED to repost the same question many times..........YES, its because nobody answered you properly !!!!.....Because nobody new the answer !!!

I have logged in........ JUST in defense of you for this.

I too have the same question because in 2011 I bought and Asus Xonar Essence which I use and love to this moment.

I too am finally making a new very high-end build and looked at the specs of the 7.1 newer version Essence II and noticed that some specs were exceeded by the Strix Raid DLX.

I too am wondering OTHERS real world experience if they bought the STRIX RAID DLX vs their older Essence or the Essence II. (and compared to Creatives Z card too)

Hey Mike3W3.......dont be too put off by the responses as it will be rare anyone reading has bought both to compare, and maybe this is why you got all these snarky remarks I am so upset with !!

Yes, one fella said that because his Xonar ESSence was fantastic, you should simply get the newer version 2 of the Essence card. Hey both have the same Burr Brown DAC........just an addon card really to make the 5.1 card into a 7.1 card really. I agree with this logic.

Yes My personal input would be the same !!! I just LOVE my 2011 Xonar Essence sound quality for MUSIC !!! Nothing I have heard to 2019 has topped it yet...........but I have not heard the version II yet, nor have I heard the Strix Raid, (or for that matter the Creative Z card as of late..........but know the latter is NOT a higher end card that of the Essence !!!!!!!!!!) Online recommendations for the Z card are only because of price and gaming usage..........but NOT HI-FI !!

Maybe one year later........at the time of my post.....others finally have finally bought the version ii Essence and/or the Strix Raid DLX to compare to their old Xonars???

I would love to hear.

Likely one year later, today, you have already long made a decision. I would love to hear what it was and how things are going.

Happy holidays...........and I hope the posters on this thread did not put you off too much as they did me with their disregard to a simple question.

Madmike Plungerhead
Audiophile
He hasnt been here in over a year so this comment is moot

Fyi it still depends on the type speakers you have too.

I still have a X230 set from logitech paired with a ZxR from 2014...

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
He hasnt been here in over a year so this comment is moot

Fyi it still depends on the type speakers you have too.

I still have a X230 set from logitech paired with a ZxR from 2014...

Also the kind of audio setup. OP was going to plug into an audio receiver... You don't need no $300 soundcard just for that.