I got the G15 at the beginning and have been using it (them, as you will see) since then, mainly heavy writing all day long plus gaming.
The 1st was returned under warantee because of the painting and I received TWO new G15 from Switzerland
The new ones show no paint problem.
After 3 years I had to replace the G15 because of dirt
and now I am using my last one
What will I buy next time... Don't know.
For sure I have learned this from the G15:
+ Can't live without the LCD anymore
+ Love the backlight at night but (See below)
+ Love the volume and mute keys, the rest is not relevant to me
+ Macrokeys look useful, just need a neat way to paste text or icons on them
+ the 2 horizontal holes or grabs are great to hold notes, pens, sticks, stuff...
+ the 'feel' while writing is good IMHO, although it doesn't feel as good as old MS or Cherries.
- Too big (I would have killed the numeric)
- Yet backlighted, in sunny daylight the symbols on the keys are hard to see: it's like dark blue letters on black keys (I can write blindly, but not use all the keys blindly)
- USB vr. 1 ports : sucks obviously and sometimes not providing enough power to run some things.
Summing it up: next time I will be looking for a keyb with
1) display and backlight (gamer part)
2) equal or better feel, better contrast of the text on the keys
Of course if I would stuff the whole gamer-gadget aspect I would go for a small mechanical of course! (BUT, they last soooo long that the keyboard lasts longer than your capability to CLEAN it properly
my 2 cents