• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where to buy 6" USB A Male-Male Cable?

They don't sell just ordinary exhaust fans for bathrooms in your country, do they? :) It is a great project from a hardware-addict point of view, but maaaaan.... you must be having fun, for sure! Welcome!!!
Surprisingly, it is rather fun to remodel my detached garage. Well, after getting the Window AC (w/Heater) set up, and in-between the injuries. ;)

I actually do have an ordinary exhaust fan, and will be using it as well, but only to pull hot, humid air from the Bathroom, to the outside, whenever the Shower is used.

Note: The Floor plan above is not to scale

My Fan & Filter Mod (Through-the-Wall)
will go through an internal wall, to pull a small portion of conditioned air, from an area near my Temporary Window Air Conditioner (with Heater), into the bathroom area.

In the future, I'm going to get a normal HVAC Stack (I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on it, at this time), and remove My Fan & Filter Mod (Through-the-Wall).
In the meantime, I'm going to install a standard blower inside the HVAC Sack area, to pull air into the further room, and redistribute/redirect some of it back into the main area.

I'm also holding off on installing the Water Heater, Sinks, Toilet, and Shower. In other words, I'm not gonna do any of the plumbing for a while. The counter tops, and Stove/Oven won't be installed for a long time, either.
I plan on using the 50A / 240V stove outlet for some machinery.

The Bathroom area, as well as the Pantry, the Closet, and the Bottom Right room, will be for storage of merchandise. Some of it will also be stored in the Main House.

The Grey Area will never be air-conditioned. Would be hot and sweaty while doing lawn-care related stuff anyway, and I'd rather not have an easy path for the smells from gas, oil, grease, and pesticides, to get into the conditioned areas of the detached garage. And it's not like I'll be spending a lot of time in there. :p

Besides, the large door to the outside, in that area, to facilitate the passage of a riding lawn mower, would burn through $, due to losses of heat/cold, since it's not insulated. XD
Then there are the costs to replace it with something that is insulated, which are rather high. And even then, it could only have an R-Value of about 5. That wall/doorway faces East, and such a large area with an R-5 value of insulation, is not good enough for Houston summers, to put it mildly. :ohwell:

...Almost forgot to mention that the Air Ducting that passes through the Grey Room, and goes from the HVAC Stack Area, to the Bathroom Area, won't be installed until after I can afford to get an HVAC Stack. I'm holding off on that, till then, to simplify the installation/setup of the temporary blower fan and Ducting, that I'm going to have in the HVAC Area. I also don't want to install the dividing wall between where the shower and water heater will go, at this time, so I can have more shelving in there for merchandise.

Got the 6" USB A/A Male/Male cables, from: MyCableMart.com in yesterday.
http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2917

They work just fine. I bought two, just in case I damage one, or if one of em wears out, I'll have a spare. They're both the exact same length.

End-to-end, they measure 7.5 inches, if you count the metal-clad part of the ends.
That's 6.5" if you don't count the metal-clad part.

The round wiring itself, between the plugs, measures 3 and 5/8 inches.

Here are some photos of what I plan to use it with:

I haven't installed that stuff in the wall yet. Wanted to get all the pieces together to first, and make sure it'll work. :)