• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where to buy OEM GPU fan only?

Ripsaw

Hey guys, the little factory installed fan on my PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro card needs to be replaced. When the PC is started cold (like after sitting unused a few hours), the fan makes that squalling noise caused by I guess a problem with the cheap sleeve bearing they used. Does it about 15 seconds then quiets down and runs fine.

Where the can you find a direct replacement for the oem fan? All I can find is complete heat sink and fan combos, which all I really need is the fan. I've scoured the net (google searchs) to no avail.

ReconCX

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 480
Storage Intel 330 Series 180GB SSD x2
Display(s) ASUS VH242H 23.6"
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Trooper
Power Supply COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W
Software Microsoft® Windows 8 Professional
contact the company that made it (powercolor) and tell them your fan is failing, ask them for a replacement policy. Most of the time, things this cheap they'll just send you a second one HSF no questions asked.. if not, ask them if you can buy one direct.

C&C Freak 2K

If not then splurge for better cooling. A Vantec Iceberq4 is $15 max.

Ripsaw

C&C Freak 2K said:
If not then splurge for better cooling. A Vantec Iceberq4 is $15 max.

Yeah, No luck with PowerCrap the company, so I'll likely get a 3rd party cooling solution. Probably get just the standard Iceberq CCB-A1A for $8.99, all I'll need since the GPU won't go past ~ 465mhz anyhow.