• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will my 10yo case be quieter than what I have planned?

BTW. I just got my brand new... yes brand new never been opened Corsair 400r Computer case. These 400r's are harder to find than the 500r's and I own both types. I love the 400r because of it's built in handle, the style of the side panel which help funnel air out, and 4-5.25 bay drives. There are minor upgrades from the 400r to the 500r but both are excellent cases.

As you all know I'm a 32+ year system builder who managed/owned a computer shop. I also specialized in airflow management. So if you have a Computer case similar to what I have in style (that included this corsair or the 900 HAF)... KEEP IT. You will thank yourself down the road when hotter components that use a lot more wattage (such as the 3080,3090 video cards) that pumps all of that excessive heat into the rest of your system. The older style of cases mentioned are designed to do this, meaning better airflow than what is generally out there now. The newer ones rely in more fans per case to work well.

Think of it this way. New cases = Bling bling. Older cases = Workhorse. And some of these older cases are nice as well in their design.

Just don't get fooled by market speak and you'll be fine.