• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 10 Pro 22h2: Has MS added the Support for 12th Gen Intel Core i Processors to work well?

stuben

I've been trying to park my Efficiency Cores on the Intel Core i5 12600KF processor.
I have a Gigabyte B660 DS3H AC DDR4 Y1 motherboard and updated to Bios v F21 which gives more abilities and allows for 13th Core i Series processors to be used.

I've been working to park the E-Cores for gaming mode and have tried some tricks here and there to no avail.

In the BIOS there is a feature called Legacy Gaming mode which is used to park the E-Core in conjunction with Scroll Lock key. By pressing Scroll Lock Key is supposed to park the E-Cores.
But does not do so. As the instructions for the BIOS for this function says: to enable Legacy Gaming Mode.

So I've searched for sometime on Google and found an app the unparks parked cores which Windows parks which by reading posts here and there on the web states that Windows doesn't do a very good job
at and hyperthreading is not fully working well with 12th Gen and above CPU's from Intel.

I read where a person had disabled the E-Cores in the BIOS and this person found that hyperthreading was working as should be after disabling the E-Cores.
the person took screen shots of Task Manager before and after shots. Before with All Cores P and E active where he saw hyperthreading borked in Windows 10.
Then after disabling the E-Cores again using Task Manager the P-Cores were acting normally with hyperthreading.

the Core i5 12600KF 12th comes with 6 P-Cores and 4 E-Cores. Which Windows hasn't address to run well with Intel Tech on this particular advancement.

So I downloaded this app called parkcontrol which unparks the cores you wish. However does not park the cores you want to park such as E-Cores when needed.

Instead the it parks and unparks the 4 cores actively and persistently.

I find it cumbersome to whenever wanting to park the E-Cores while on the Desktop, to boot into BIOS each time to disable them.

However I have searched online for well over a week and found very little on this topic.

Has anybody else found this issue and possibly found a bandaid until Microsoft is able to address this new tec?

Merry New Years by the way to all!