• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows 8 Gets "Overwhelmingly Negative" Response from Vendors, Expectations Plummet

Processor Intel i9-9900KS @ 5.2 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 32GB Viper Steel Series DDR4-4000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Founders Edition
Storage 2TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe + 2TB Intel 960p NVMe + 512GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe + 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) 65" LG C9 OLED
Case Lian Li O11D-XL
Audio Device(s) Audeze Mobius headset, Logitech Z906 speakers
Power Supply Corsair AX1000 Titanium
IMO Windows 8 is crap for the desktop. I'll pass.

System Name Devil's Hell
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600X Processor 2nd Gen 3.6GHz
Motherboard MSI X470 GAMING PRO MAX
Cooling Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Segate 2 TB, WMD 250 GB M2
Display(s) Samsung T23B350AR
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
For now Windows 8 is all good for mobile devices (Even with the low app support) but not for pc at all...and for development purpose win-7 is very fine no need to update :)

System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10

Nuttifeetfirst

Win 8 A Great Change

This is for all of those who rubbish Windows 8, and like a similar article personally I found it very easy to use. like all OS platforms when they first arrive they feel a little strange and take getting used too. Like most personally I used the preview version first to get used to the new set up, then on launch day I bought my upgrade downloaded and now it is in full swing and running well, although I do get loss of wallpaper at times for no reason. however putting this behind all other components work very well, are fast, and very responsive. admittedly I have a hybrid drive from Seagate installed which really speed things up, however before this I had the standard HDD and it too was very fast compared to Win 7.
There are a few minor things to sort out in the new OS and Microsoft seems to be addressing these with updates as they did before with previous OSs. Then why all this negative rubbish when all of you should sit down and learn and all will be fine and generally you will be rewarded with a very pleasing experience. :toast:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
This is for all of those who rubbish Windows 8, and like a similar article personally I found it very easy to use. like all OS platforms when they first arrive they feel a little strange and take getting used too. Like most personally I used the preview version first to get used to the new set up, then on launch day I bought my upgrade downloaded and now it is in full swing and running well, although I do get loss of wallpaper at times for no reason. however putting this behind all other components work very well, are fast, and very responsive. admittedly I have a hybrid drive from Seagate installed which really speed things up, however before this I had the standard HDD and it too was very fast compared to Win 7.
There are a few minor things to sort out in the new OS and Microsoft seems to be addressing these with updates as they did before with previous OSs. Then why all this negative rubbish when all of you should sit down and learn and all will be fine and generally you will be rewarded with a very pleasing experience. :toast:

i took time to use it etc, the interface is whats getting in the way, rest of it is fine.

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD4650 Ultimate Edition
Storage 60GB Corsair Force LE, 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F1, 500GB Seagate
Display(s) 22" Samsung T220HD & 19" Acer X193W
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I tried the RC of it and set up the usual stuff to be able to use it properly but I just wasn't bothered learning how to use it over Windows 7 as I know it's aimed at touch screens. Windows 7 is great for me. I'm sure Windows 8 is great on touch screen devices but on a PC I just found it to be counter-intuitive.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I tried the RC of it and set up the usual stuff to be able to use it properly but I just wasn't bothered learning how to use it over Windows 7 as I know it's aimed at touch screens. Windows 7 is great for me. I'm sure Windows 8 is great on touch screen devices but on a PC I just found it to be counter-intuitive.

counter productive at that. The performance gains dont overshadow the inefficiency of the UI at all. there is nothing to gain in gaming either