• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Would you opt-in to allow for CPU mining while visiting the forums for them to remain ad free?

Would you opt-in to allow for CPU mining while visiting the forums for them to remain ad free?

• Yes

Votes: 742 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 4,571 73.1%
  • I don't visit the forums anyway

Votes: 725 11.6%
  • Use it everywhere on TPU

Votes: 217 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I'd prefer just the un-obtrusive ads like what are on the main page over patreon. I really don't mind the ads on TPU. They are always related to tech, and aren't annoyingly animated.
Naturally. Yet Patreon was specifically designed for people like us; content creators. It's a useful tool to generate income from loyal supporters while also offering a potential rewards scheme for those that do contribute. I mean, we could have patreon up and running for TPU within a few minutes, and we could be doing things like hardware give-aways via that platform as well as maybe some exclusive content, and it'd be a win-win for all. If you haven't used the platform before, you might not understand how useful it can be. It's also not required for users to sign up and donate via patreon, either. W1zz isn't the sort of guy to let that sort of thing get out of hand.

You do need to keep in mind we do already have ads, so mining for TPU would be an additional source of income, which via ads, would only mean adding in more, like say, on the forums. I understand that you don't mind the ads currently, but what if we need more? They might get annoying... so I think that's a reason for W1zz to look at alternate avenues of revenue generation. After all, we don't sell anything; we merely create free content. So sources of income are hard to come by in this industry, and that's why we have guys like Linus and such on YouTube... If Linus could make money doing what's he's doing via another platform, he probably wouldn't bother with YouTube. The problem with YouTube is you either side with OEMs and tow their line, or you side with the users, and you don't make much money.

Fundamentally, I know very few people that are making money online. It's a very hard thing to do, especially if you aren't selling stuff. Navigating that is what makes some people successful, and others fail, even if they have the exact same content to provide.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
after going thru all the trouble of installing security measures to block other sites doing this.....

You do need to keep in mind we do already have ads, so mining for TPU would be an additional source of income, which via ads, would only mean adding in more, like say, on the forums.
It seems the whole point of this thread has escaped you. There are no ads, currently, showing in the forums. W1zzard's question is whether or not we'd be ok with a JS-based remote mining scheme to continue keeping the forums ad-free. The general consensus, based on the vote and comments, is no. Many don't mind the current ad system for the site and would be just fine with it being extended to the forums. I, personally, am curious why this has not been done yet. Seems like the logical thing to do.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I'd say there's no harm in creating a TPU Patreon. If people give, they give; if they don't they don't. The only hazard, really, is taxation and greed. Patrons like to be rewarded too (e.g. a Patron-only subforum). Not saying I'd back it but it beats the hell out of stooping to stealing clocks/electricity from viewers.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
No.
and.
Hell no.

I would much rather donate to and directly support TPU, than have some "other" people using my resources to do their bidding, alot of which is shall we say, somewhat shady at best, and downright unprincipled and borderline illegal at worst.

Does TPU have a donation paypal account ? If so, please make all registered members with a solid history and xxx number of posts aware of it, and see what happens before you start down this very slippery (like black ice) slope :)

I just want to add that I have no major problem with it in theory. Execution would be critical since what really matters most is user experience. Assuming a certain level of transparency, the way the site behaves while not being actively browsed would be as important as how fast it is while being browsed. A single tab that I haven't looked at in a couple days draining resources would be a problem for me.
I'm assuming you would use some prepackaged mining script so I'm not sure how well it could be tailored.

There is certainly some stigma attached to browser mining, but I do see some clear advantages. It can actually be far less bandwidth, memory and processor intensive than ads. Especially the video and floating ads other tech sites are so fond of using. It can also be less privacy intrusive than targeted ads

I don't know if the world is ready to accept it. It could certainly be argued that directly targeting the processing power of users is unethical.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
the phrase: HELL NO comes to mind

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
No.
and.
Hell no.

I would much rather donate to and directly support TPU, than have some "other" people using my resources to do their bidding, alot of which is shall we say, somewhat shady at best, and downright unprincipled and borderline illegal at worst.

Does TPU have a donation paypal account ? If so, please make all registered members with a solid history and xxx number of posts aware of it, and see what happens before you start down this very slippery (like black ice) slope :)

I have no problem donating to this site. It has value to me but I'm a bit skeptical about the donators getting special privileges or acknowlegement. Is a member that has a lot of money but doesn't offer much to the forum and likes to troll worth more than a member with little money but a genuine desire to share their tech experience and knowledge on the forum? Would there be a good bit of resentment if members perceived that a member with a fat wallet was being allowed to do things that they aren't allowed to do? On the other hand if there is no incentive to donate then how many people will?

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
none of this would even be a issue if techpowerup had a better social media presence (thats where the traffic is thats where the money is )

we are older then LTT we should at least be-able to throw up a properly edited and shot video once a week

being just a forum no longer cuts it these days

I allow the ads on the front page but when you start reaching for miners and things ... I start reaching for noscript and my blacklist

cadaveca

My name is Dave
none of this would even be a issue if techpowerup had a better social media presence (thats where the traffic is thats where the money is )

we are older then LTT we should at least be-able to throw up a properly edited and shot video once a week

being just a forum no longer cuts it these days

I allow the ads on the front page but when you start reaching for miners and things ... I start reaching for noscript and my blacklist
Yep. And I'll gladly handle all that. But guess what... it's a lot of work, and if it is to be done right, that's a full-time job. That means I need full-time pay. I don't post as many reviews as I used to... because I have bills to pay and doing reviews doesn't pay enough to justify the time required. That why LTT has a youtube... they have to have it in order to generate income.

But I'll tell you what... he's likely also got that patreon account, too. That's just a small slice of the social media presence.

I have no problem donating to this site. It has value to me but I'm a bit skeptical about the donators getting special privileges or acknowlegement. Is a member that has a lot of money but doesn't offer much to the forum and likes to troll worth more than a member with little money but a genuine desire to share their tech experience and knowledge on the forum? Would there be a good bit of resentment if members perceived that a member with a fat wallet was being allowed to do things that they aren't allowed to do? On the other hand if there is no incentive to donate then how many people will?

I look at it this way; if readers of TPU can't afford to each toss us 50 cents each over the length of the year... why even bother? If you understand the type of revenue I am hinting at I want to see...

As to trolls... It would never go that far, let me tell you that right now. If you know how patreon works, the things that are provided to donators remain on patreon. TPU wouldn't change one bit; but we'd need more content for that. You'd never get added privileges on TPU... maybe something by your name, but nothing more. There would me things like regular merch/hardware give-aways, done through patreon alone. several give-aways were done in the past few weeks... I got like 400 lbs of motherboard to get rid of....

Social media done right costs a fair bit of money. Anyone can google what it costs. if we don't have donators, how do we pay for that? If it was as simple as getting body in a chair and having them press buttons, everyone would be doing it.

Now, I'll not say that this is what W1zz has in mind. I cannot speak for him directly. But it is things like this that might be cause for need of additional revenue, and might have prompted W1zz to make this post. It's things like that that the money would go to... more staff. On the other hand W1zz might have posted this simply to see what people genuinely think about this subject, and it might not really be anything more than that.

But I'll readily agree that mining using users resources would not be the way to do it.

Processor Intel I7 5820k
Motherboard MSI X99A Gaming 7
Cooling Noctua NH-U14s
Memory Corsair CMK16GX4M4B3000C15 (4 X 4GB 3000mhz) @ 3200mhz 16-18-18-38
Video Card(s) MSI R290 Gaming 4G
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 512gb, Western Digital Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S24D590PL
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
I really, REALLY dont want to be any part of it.
id be willing to bet quite a bit of money says the site isnt bleeding cash....

Anyway, again, i love a subscriber model implemented or id be happy to donate. :)

I don't really contribute to many threads here but...

First someone has to know how much money the site makes or doesn't make, if nobody does than there is a lot bigger problem on your hands than what revenue stream will you use...also

As costs have gone up I would assume also the amount paid for ads to ad hosters (if that is the right term) has gone up also, so that should have balanced the equation somewhat over time.

Yep. And I'll gladly handle all that. But guess what... it's a lot of work, and if it is to be done right, that's a full-time job. That means I need full-time pay. I don't post as many reviews as I used to... because I have bills to pay and doing reviews doesn't pay enough to justify the time required. That why LTT has a youtube... they have to have it in order to generate income..

I'm willing to bet LTT has made Linus and his inner circle extremely wealthy and this isn't an good example of how to "JUST" keep the lights on, but how to make alot of profit. Sure maybe TPU needs a youtube presence, but at that point all this talk of miners would be moot if it was actually successful.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I'm willing to bet LTT has made Linus and his inner circle extremely wealthy and this isn't an good example of how to "JUST" keep the lights on, but how to make alot of profit. Sure maybe TPU needs a youtube presence, but at that point all this talk of miners would be moot if it was actually successful.

Extremely wealthy? Hardly. Comfortable? Sure. Alot of profit? on YouTube? ROFL. He might be making a couple hundred bucks a video from YouTube directly, given his traffic. That's why he is posting videos every day. 5 days x 200 = 1000 a week. I am not sure how many people you can support off of that income alone, but that wouldn't pay my own monthly bills at all, and Linus lives in a far more expensive area of Canada than I do.

That's why social media and Patreon is also required along with YouTube. His other income will be ads (which he does at the beginning of many videos) and towing company lines. He's another guy that doesn't sell stuff (other than some merch), so how do you suppose he is amassing that "wealth"?

What Linus does is use Youtube as a platform to generate revunue from ads he creates himself. He's not making videos to help out the community... he's making videos so he can make his own ads in them. He's also pretty open about all of that. Look here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...ps-affiliates-referral-programs-and-sponsors/

What we do at TPU is provide something entirely different. We're not here to make money. But at the same time, we are also not here to lose money, either.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
somewhat agree with cadaveca here but

it would be well worth the initial investment to get somebody with some talent and good camera presence, the yt we have failed because frankly its not entertaining to watch and the production value is far below what people expect out of tpu, the content is all business and very dry

with one well produced video a week it would more then cover the investment cost and pay for the site and then some

secondly I hate to say this but part of problem is w1z he operates the site by proxy hes a admin he does his admin thing he site ops. but hes not a public figure and I don't think he wants to be.

he's here when something needs fixing or the odd review but hes NOT a active member of the community I get it its a time sink but people tend to look up to linus because hes active and a public presence.

you goto the ltt board. and you can find regular replies written by the great and powerful OZ. and while I don't really care for his idiotic brand of meme filled showmanship. it does sell. and it surely generates a fkton of traffic hell there is a entire reddit sub dedicated to linus memes, hell I don't even know what w1z looks like. for all I know hes a purple people eating space alien here to suck our brains out through a straw.

I am in no way implying tpu should be LTT I would be the first one gone of that ever happened I don't tolerate hipster wanna be. enthusiasts and we have enough `Tier one` posts by people that can barely operate a screwdriver as it is

but techpowerup never quite got into the whole social media age and thats hurting it its a old style bread and butter forum, but you can't live on just bread and butter every once in awhile you need some peanut butter and banana

Processor Intel 7700K 5.1Ghz (Intel advised me not to OC this CPU)
Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Code
Cooling Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
Memory 48GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Dual Channel (2x16 & 2x8)
Video Card(s) nVIDIA Titan XP (Overclocks like a champ but stock performance is enough)
Storage Intel 760p 2280 2TB
Display(s) MSI Optix MPG27CQ Black 27" 1ms 144hz
Case Thermaltake View 71
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 Platinum2
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro (not recommded, I am on my second mouse with same defect)
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
Benchmark Scores Yes I am Intel fanboy that is my benchmark score.
We are curious about your thoughts on the subject, whether it would be a workable alternative to traditional advertising.

No offense but that is terrible idea and you can keep it to yourself. I am astonished you even propose this and are secretly working on making this a reality on your forums?

I am sure TECHPOWERUP can afford to setup their own dedicated farm instead of running scripts on our systems. At the same time I am all for donation to TPU since they do provide us with service.

Last edited:
Uh, no, not at all. Who do you think TPU is paying other than server costs? I'll give you a hint.... Me. :nutkick:
That's what I meant by you missing the point..
TPU is a business. They are in the business of sharing technology related news and information with us, the general public. They are not a charity. If they need to show advertising in the forums to offset the costs of operating them and to help pay the bills, ok. But a Patreon or PayPal "donation" page? No

cadaveca

My name is Dave
but hes not a public figure and I don't think he wants to be.

You've hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned. W1zz enjoys his privacy, and there's nothing wrong with that. And yeah, that community interaction is important... that's why I post in the forums as much as I do... which is more than any of the other front page staff. Understanding how useful those interactions are I feel is a big part of my own personal success. I started to really understand that when some company reps thought I was the face of TPU and they approached me about reviews instead of W1zz... Let me tell you, that was weird.

That's what I meant by you missing the point..
You have missed the point, which is WHY we might need more revenue.

TPU is a business. They are in the business of sharing technology related news and information with us, the general public. They are not a charity. If they need to show advertising in the forums to offset the costs of operating them and to help pay the bills, ok. But a Patreon or PayPal "donation" page? No

Ah, so now you're obvious. You don't like my ideas, and hence your comments. Ah well. That's too bad.

Doesn't change the fact that the topic of ads was brought up in the past, and users unanimously requested they be removed, and offered donations to get rid of them. W1zz said no thanks, money is fine, adds will go. Can't see that changing from then to now.

And yeah, TPU is a business. However, we do have this software W1zz writes, called, GPU-Z. Have you heard of it? Seems you haven't or you have missed it's importance to TPU's history. Nor are you aware of our internal workings and conversations. :p That doesn't make your opinion on the subject invalid, but I have my own opinion, and it is equally as valid. It's not that I have missed the point, or that you have; we just look at these situations differently... firstly because you are a user here, and I'm front page staff that generates some of content there.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
except the tech savvy folks are usually smart enough to run adblock/noscript
if banner adds brought enough revenue to fund a full youtube channel with properly edited and shot content I would be all for it
they don't not with the traffic we currently have sort of a catch 22

Ah, so now you're obvious. You don't like my ideas, and hence your comments. Ah well. That's too bad.
I didn't like your comments because they made no sense in the context of this discussion. W1zzard is asking if we, the viewing public, would be ok with mining instead of ads in the forums. Your comments have not added to the discussion any information that helps resolve that equation.
Doesn't change the fact that the topic of ads was brought up in the past, and users unanimously requested they be removed, and offered donations to get rid of them. W1zz said no thanks, money is fine, adds will go. Can't see that changing from then to now.
It seems certain that most of us understand that advertising is a part of life. The problem some of us who block ads have is the fact that 99% of all advertising networks have insecurities and vulnerabilities that leave the vast majority of end users vulnerable to digital attack and invasions of personal privacy. And as most know, attacks in the digital world can, and often do, translate into the real world. Couple those points with the fact that many ads eat up tons of bandwidth and system resources and it's all just a pathetic mess that begs to be blocked. Many of us who are ad-blocking do so to protect ourselves. TPU's creative solution meets our needs with it's own needs right in the happy middle ground. TPU's solution shows us ads(that can't be blocked) they need to show, earning revenue, while simultaneously respecting our privacy and digital security. Donations/membership fees are not the answer. Expanding that ad system to the forums is a good one.
And yeah, TPU is a business. However, we do have this software W1zz writes, called, GPU-Z. Have you heard of it?
Hmm, enlighten me.
Seems you haven't or you have missed it's importance to TPU's history.
Is it now? Imagine that.
Nor are you aware of our internal workings and conversations. :p
Seems you are unaware of the direct conversations W1zzard and I have had about a problem with recent versions of GPUZ and how it interacts with certain firewall programs that have HIPS functioning built into them. This situation has resulted in the choice of dealing with the firewalls mentioned giving prompts every time GPUZ runs. That leaves the choice of running older versions or tolerating the prompts. GPUZ is very useful and worth the consistent but minor irritations.
That doesn't make your opinion on the subject invalid, but I have my own opinion, and it is equally as valid.
Well thank you. But I disagree. My comments and input have been an effort to directly address the purpose of this thread, IE whether or not mining in the forums is something we users would find acceptable. Your "opinions" seemingly have the whole TPU site as a focus, and that is not the focus of this discussion. So given that perspective, are your opinions here equally valid? They don't seem all that relevant to me..
It's not that I have missed the point, or that you have; we just look at these situations differently...
That's a good point...
firstly because you are a user here, and I'm front page staff that generates some of content there.
That isn't. What is does show is that you're putting yourself up on a pedestal.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
is
I didn't like your comments because they made no sense. W1zzard is asking if we, the viewing public, would be ok with mining instead of ads in the forums. Your comments have not added to the discussion any information that helps resolve that equation.
That's a matter of opinion. Both ads and mining, seemingly, would be a source of income generation. I have an alternative. You may not see that as relevant, but... I know that others do! Else we wouldn't have the offers for donations.

It seems certain that most of us understand that advertising is a part of life. The problem some of us who block ads have is the fact that 99% of all advertising networks have insecurities and vulnerabilities that leave the vast majority of end users vulnerable to digital attack and invasions of personal privacy. And as most know, attacks in the digital world can, and often do, translate into the real world. Couple those points with the fact that many ads eat up tons of bandwidth and system resources and it's all just a pathetic mess that begs to be blocked. Many of us who are ad-blocking do so to protect ourselves. TPU's creative solution meets our needs with it's own needs right in the happy middle ground. TPU's solution shows us ads(that can't be blocked) they need to show, earning revenue, while simultaneously respecting our privacy and digital security. Donations/membership fees are not the answer. Expanding that ad system to the forums is a good one.

This is where you and I, and seemingly many users, differ. The subject of ads on the forums, again, has been brought up before.

Seems you are unaware of the direct conversations W1zzard and I have had about a problem with recent versions of GPUZ and how it interacts with certain firewall programs that have HIPS functioning built into them. This situation has resulted in the choice of dealing with the firewalls mentioned giving prompts every time GPUZ runs. That leaves the choice of running older versions or tolerating the prompts. GPUZ is very useful and worth the consistent but minor irritations.

Nah, it's that I don't think that such an issue is that big of a deal. If it's a real problem, I know W1zz will fix it if possible. After all, many companies have re-skinned versions of GPU-Z with their own branding. A glitch is the software doesn't change the importance of that software. You seem to imply that if it is seemingly broken, it's worthless... that's quite the comedy to me.

Well thank you. But I disagree. My comments and input have been an effort to directly address the purpose of this thread, IE whether or not mining in the forums is something we users would find acceptable. Your "opinions" seemingly have the whole TPU site as a focus, and that is not the focus of this discussion. So given that perspective, are your opinions here equally valid? They don't seem all that relevant to me..

That because you are looking at the face value of the question rather than the allegory behind it. I like to solve problems, after all. And to properly solve a problem, you have to know what actually caused it. You are ignoring the causation here. I am not. So of course it doesn't seem relevant to you... it's doesn't agree with you. Again, great comedy. Why do you think I keep replying to you? I am enjoying this.

That isn't. What is does show is that you're putting yourself up on a pedestal.
Likewise. However, you are right, I am, because the things that I do here help bring in traffic. You are that traffic. So I guess I'm doing a good job. :p I'd rather take a huge pay cut before we see ads. There are many ways to solve issues with income generation. So I did exactly that, and found and hired a new motherboard reviewer. So here I am, reducing costs, and then W1zz is posting about further revenue generation... my perspective is skewed based on that, for sure.

But let me let you in on something... I don't think W1zz would have users mining for TPU as income generation. Many users seem to think so, especially because of the part about ads... however... W1zz knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

So here you are, psoting, saying
"I don't like your idea" and
"your opinion is invalid, it doesn't matter" or "it's not relevant to the topic at hand"... your trolling is very weak, IMHO.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Again, a matter of opinion. Also again, when someone doesn't agree with you, to tell them their opinion is invalid... is being a bully troll. I, on the other hand, said your opinion is valid, and then proceeded to discuss it, in order to further try to understand your perspective. I didn't call you wrong... I merely threw your own postings say that I was, back at you.

So yeah, you that troll user, me the concerned staff member. If we agreed on this topic, something is wrong. :laugh:

:lovetpu:

Let's review..

Yes, let's! Let's explore the reason WHY you posted that GPU-Z had an issue... as if it was relevant... meanwhile posting that I was posting stuff that you say wasn't relevant... I can do this all day and all night. I mean, I do reviews... I got a really thick skin and I like a good discussion. However, let's discuss properly. You debate skills are lacking, IMHO.

Allegory... a very important word. If you aren't looking for it at every moment, you're missing a big part of life.

Again, a matter of opinion. Also again, when someone doesn't agree with you, to tell them their opinion is invalid... is being a bully troll. I, on the other hand, said your opinion is valid, and then proceeded to discuss it, in order to further try to understand your perspective. I didn't call you wrong... I merely threw your own postings say that I was, back at you.

So yeah, you that troll user, me the concerned staff member. If we agreed on this topic, something is wrong. :laugh:

:lovetpu:
Are you done EGO flaunting? How about you climb down off that aforementioned pedestal..

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Are you done EGO flaunting? How about you climb down off that aforementioned pedestal?

Why, are you left in my shadow? You'll not get heatstroke at least!

My avatar is a goat. Goats are stubborn. I would have never gone that route, but you decided to tell me my opinion was not relevant. So you can deal with me, and my posts that disagree with yours. I'll stop when W1zz fires me. :p You may have missed it, but this... this is what I am KNOWN for. Welcome to the world of Dave, it's like Hotel California...

It's part and parcel of being a public figure. If you don't have an oversized ego, when people complain, you quit and give up. I've been doing reviews for TPU going on a decade nearly now... obviously quitting is not in my nature.

I mean, I have no problem with being honest. :rockout:

Last edited:
Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
What would really help with Forum Member's make up their minds and give a real for reals answer would be if W1zzard could possibly give us the LOW DOWN for what the real situation is with TPU Forum and how it is affecting the finance's. I know that information can be a bit sensitive but in order to really make a real decision we would also need to know what the real issue is in plane talk instead of having to read between the lines.

BETWEEN THE LINES I READ IT ALL AS: The forum has become more expensive to maintain and TPU will now be FORCED to either use Ads or Mining to offset this cost increase. WE NEED TO DO ONE OR THE OTHER!!!

I now ask is the above read in between the lines statement true??????