• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WRT54GS Wirelessly Inaccessible

Cameron

I've been using a WRT54GS v1.0 for several years now. It's been running DD-WRT v25-sp2 (Revision 13064M VINT) for probably the last year or so, with all advanced hardware settings left at default.

Yesterday, one of my laptops had a problem connecting to the network (Windows gave the ambiguous "Couldn't connect to network" error); I thought this might have been caused by the connected WPA2 RADIUS server being offline so I didn't do anything at the time.

This morning, the laptop still wasn't online. I checked, and my network was no longer appearing in the list of in-range SSIDs. Another laptop and my iPod are both now unable to detect the network.

I've rebooted the router from DD-WRT, physically unplugged it, and restarted Radio from within DD-WRT. The Wireless LED indicator matches the setting in DD-WRT, but it doesn't seem to be broadcasting regardless. Absolutely none of the settings have been changed since weeks before it stopped broadcasting. All of the Ethernet ports appear to still be fully functioning. The unit has never been opened; the warranty seal is still intact.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or should I just replace it? I realize that it's quite old (which is why I'm not overly surprised that it's doing this), but I would continue using it if it were reparable.

Ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!