• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

(WTB) Gaming Laptop

weemanpow3

Heatware
2 0 0
I want to buy a gaming laptop that can play Oblivion and F.E.A.R. I will pay $2,000 max Choices Dell XPS or Alienware.

anyone selling theirs just just give me a pm or e-mail me at weeman391@yahoo.com

S

Slater

Gaming and Laptop shouldn't be in the same sentence unless there is "cannot" between the the two words :D

I agree with Slater that laptops are still not that great for gaming.
Dont get me wrong they are good, but for games like Oblivion, FEAR, etc. it just isnt good.
If you can I would suggest you get a desktop since you could make one badass system with $2k.

But if you want a gaming laptop that bad you could get a decent one from Dell brand new.
Esp. since they have sales on them all the time.
Get a C2D
2GBs of RAM (This is necessary since mobility GPUs use the RAM for memory)
Try to get a Go7900 or ATI equivalent.

I would imagine that should be around $2k.

Processor dual G34 6128he
Motherboard h8dg6
Cooling OEM
Memory 48gb DDR3 ECC REG
Video Card(s) onboard
Storage 12x 3tb 4x 15k sas
Display(s) crappy lcd
Case chenbro rackmouunt
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply seasonic 3x redundant
Software ProxMox
go with HP. and realize any laptop used like this will run fairly warm and hav short battery life. as for my experience as a laptop/projector technician, HP seems to have best build quality for the money. i do hate touchpads though. lenovo is similar in quality at the high end, some of lenovo/IBM's lower end stuff i would recomend to my worst enemy... well, i would still take it over dell.