• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WTF Corsair / UPS

Hugh zephyro

So I buy a new power supply that dies within the first few hours of use. Luckily nothing dies with it but because the order was made a month ago and I haven't put it to use till now I could not return it with Amazon.

So I use Corsair RMA, and ask specifically for "advanced RMA" to save time .

What a shit idea that was .

First to set up an advanced RMA one must call directly Corsair, fine not ideal but it's ok.

one problem tho there's no que system

If you call and no one is available your calls just gets ended so you just gotta get lucky I guess.

Anyways after that I setup the advanced RMA and find out the replacement unit is shipping from the US with UPS

WHY the fuck is it shipping all the way from the US when I'm in Italy. There's RMA facilities in Europe cause I shipped the defective unit to the Netherlands so this is pure idiocy .

Anyways this obviously delays the shipment significatly to 11 days completely defeating the purpus of the advanced RMA .

10 days past and it says it's still in the US. I'm little confused but it said "on schedule " on the tracker so I ignored it.

12 days pass and nothing comes . Tracker says it's still in the US and now the delivery date is unknown. So I call UPS.

Appartly there is a invoice issue that I wasn't made aware of and the package HASN'T MOVED .

WTF Corsair why not include an invoice and ship this from ACROSS THE WORLD this clearly was poorly planned .

And WTF UPS why wasent I or Corsair made aware of this issue earlier .

What a disappointment of a RMA.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
You mean they didn't blame it all on COVID? :rolleyes:

I sent a birthday card to my granddaughter who lives a whole 172 miles away in Kansas City, MO. It used to take 2 days. It took 15 days and the post office said it was because of COVID. Bullfeathers! I know and understand some delays may occur due to COVID but I am getting tired of everything that goes wrong being blamed on COVID.

I have no idea why your PSU had to go to the US if their is an RMA center in the Netherlands. But then I have no idea what an RMA center is. Do they test returned products there? Do they repair faulty units there? Do they have a stock of replacement products? Or are they just a distribution center/transportation hub for Europe? Who knows.

Either way, I agree with you and they should have told you up front when you could expect your replacement to at least leave their facility on its way back to you.

Reactions: Rei
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Sorry to hear about that, sounds like it sucks. Why did you opt for calling Corsair instead of web support? When my original Vengeance LPX kit started failing I opened a support ticket, and then requested an advanced RMA through the correspondence on the ticket.

System Name "The black one in the dining room" / "The Latest One"
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 16c/32t / i7 14700K @5.8GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe / ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/4 Silverstone FM121 fans / Arctic LF II 280 w Silverstone FHP141's
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 (8x8) / 96GB G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 1080 Ti FTW3 / Asus Tuff OC 4090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Samsung 860, 4 Western Digital 2TB / 1tb, SK hynix P41 Platinum 2tb
Display(s) 43" Samsung 8000 series 4K / 50" Vizio M-series 4K
Case Modded Corsair Carbide 500R / Modded Corsair Graphite 780 T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II/ Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i / Seasonic Prime GX-1300
Mouse Logitech Performance MX, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Keyboard Logitech K750 Solar, DiNovo Edge
Software Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 IoT / Win 11 Pro for Workstations 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=202122048229
I've had many things replaced by advanced RMA. They always require a credit card number as a deposit. If something doesn't arrive on time I call my credit card company (Visa) and file a claim. The money is either put on hold of refunded at that point. It then becomes the vendors problem. Also, with Visa you can file a claim for defective merchandise and since it's no longer in your possession because of the RMA process they'll issue you a chargeback. I had to do this with a Vizio television two years ago and got a full refund.