• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

storkman

storkman said:
Urlyin, I tried several bios versions, including the x800pro 16 pipe one that is clocked at normal x800pro speeds, with the same result. You think it would make a difference if it was a x800xt bios at lower speeds?

oh well, worth a try ;)

No dice... whenever I enable the extra four pipes I get a light pattern of squares all over any 3d graphics. Definitely not an improvement. I guess I'll just overclock the 12 pipes that work.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
storkman said:
No dice... whenever I enable the extra four pipes I get a light pattern of squares all over any 3d graphics. Definitely not an improvement. I guess I'll just overclock the 12 pipes that work.

I thought it was your speed not bad pipes ... sorry Stork ... might try to RMA to see if you luck changes ...

N

Norbert

When i try to get the BIOS for the ATI X800Pro ViVo16P i get a Message " The requested URL /bios/dl/4057bd9e476cd2fb3db4432763b6677a/ATI.X800PROVIVO16P.256.Samsung16.040511.bin was not found on this server."
This Message also come on other Download-Links in the Bios Collection.
What`s wrong?
Sorry for my bad Englisch (I´m from Germany) ;)

U

Unregistered

couldnt get file to work

i couldnt get the file to work i put in flashrom command <0> <x.bin> [r] is there something i did wrong any help is apreciated

AceRimmer

No probs

After reading a few posts in this thread i'd thought i'd give it a go.
I got bios from http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16.040609.bin
And the Flashrom from this link http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/100/images/flashrom16p.zip
followed all instructions as mentioned, held my arms around my head for about 5mins as my computer rebooted. Hay presto, i had change my Asus AX 800Pro/Tvd 256 into a Radeon X800xt Platinum Edition. All Sixteen pipes going. Thanks all in the thread who helped, you all know who you are!

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor Phenom II 940BE @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-T
Cooling Coolermaster V8
Memory 4 x 2gb DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5870 (Asus bios)
Storage 2TB SEAGATE SATA2
Display(s) Samsung T240 24" Widescreen
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi extreme music
Power Supply Corsair TX 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AceRimmer said:
After reading a few posts in this thread i'd thought i'd give it a go.
I got bios from http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16.040609.bin
And the Flashrom from this link http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/100/images/flashrom16p.zip
followed all instructions as mentioned, held my arms around my head for about 5mins as my computer rebooted. Hay presto, i had change my Asus AX 800Pro/Tvd 256 into a Radeon X800xt Platinum Edition. All Sixteen pipes going. Thanks all in the thread who helped, you all know who you are!

Congrats AceRimmer, is ur ASUS a vivo?

AceRimmer

It's a Vivo ATI = TVD came in a big box with a web cam and a bunch of games. i'm getting 12000 in 3dbench2003 does that sound alright for this card? What do you get dude?

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor Phenom II 940BE @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-T
Cooling Coolermaster V8
Memory 4 x 2gb DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5870 (Asus bios)
Storage 2TB SEAGATE SATA2
Display(s) Samsung T240 24" Widescreen
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi extreme music
Power Supply Corsair TX 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AceRimmer said:
It's a Vivo ATI = TVD came in a big box with a web cam and a bunch of games. i'm getting 12000 in 3dbench2003 does that sound alright for this card? What do you get dude?

Ur score sounds about right ;)
Im getting -
11 600 in 3Dmark2003
5 300 in 3Dmark2005
64 000 in Aquamark

But thats because ive overclocked my card. U can get much higher scores if u start overclocking ur card :D

Tek

Hello,

Sorry I am noob at this whole OCing, but I am looking to purchase an AGP X800 Pro Vivo since the X800 XT PE is very overpriced and hard to get...

Now I have been reading on a couple of forums in regard to people's success in overclocking the X800 Pro Vivo by flashing bios to enable the extra 4-pipelines, and the result seems very promising (and more cost effective than buying the PE)

I would like to know which company makes the most overclockable agp vivo card right now? Some of the threads I read said that the Gigabyte X800 Pro Vivo is actaully PE, but I can't seem to find one anywhere... So I am looking to find a stable card that is easy to overclock without ruining the card.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Works like a charm

Got an Asus x800pro Vivo (also called TVD on their website). Did the biosupgrade with the modified flash utility and it works like a charm. Got myself a x800xt pe now. Gained about 30% in 3Dmark05 compared to the "ordinary" x800pro :)

My setup is watercooled, so it stays around 36 degrees celcius all the time.

U

Unregistered

Ok My card will run xt speeds but gets alittle 2 hot so my question is this.

Can I just flash it with the modified ATI X800PRO 16 PIPES bios and then just overclock it?

And also can it be undone by flashing the orginal bios that i have saved back on to it?

thanks again

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
Ok My card will run xt speeds but gets alittle 2 hot so my question is this.

Can I just flash it with the modified ATI X800PRO 16 PIPES bios and then just overclock it?

And also can it be undone by flashing the orginal bios that i have saved back on to it?

thanks again

What's the temp? Read the Before you begin section here to see where your temps fall ...

U

Unregistered

temps r around 74 after running ati tool for 2 hours.

I am just goin to use the modded x800pro 16 pipe bios.

Can i flash it back in the future if i need to?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
temps r around 74 after running ati tool for 2 hours.

I am just goin to use the modded x800pro 16 pipe bios.

Can i flash it back in the future if i need to?

Use ATITool to max fan at 100% which will decrease temps around 5c -7c degrees. Yes you can flash back at anytime. I'd try one of the XT 500/500 Bios ... still 16 pipes and should work fine for your card ...

U

Unregistered

thanks. going to give it a try just have to go out and get some new floppy disks. going to back up my orginal bios many times incase I need it in the future.

core goes to 543 stable and ram does 593 stable but temps r alittle high goin to get a new cooler for it and then let it rip but for now 16pipes is my goal.

Can u flash a dead card? just curious.

U

Unregistered

Ok I flashed it and all 16 pipes r up and running but went to flash back with the empty.bin and i get this error what should i do.

SSID does not match with bios file "empty.bin" SSID!
Use F to force flashing

Error OFLO1: Press 1 to continue

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
thanks. going to give it a try just have to go out and get some new floppy disks. going to back up my orginal bios many times incase I need it in the future.

core goes to 543 stable and ram does 593 stable but temps r alittle high goin to get a new cooler for it and then let it rip but for now 16pipes is my goal.

Can u flash a dead card? just curious.

Depends on what dead means, you can use a PCI card to boot from to reflash if you need to. You need the empty.bin BIOS for? Be careful using the empty BIOS, if you do not flash a Flash Bios back to the card right after using the empty BIOS before rebooting, the card will not boot .... use Flashrom -f -p 0 empty.bin

U

unregistred

a little issue

hi everybody

i tried to flash my BBA ATI X800Pro vivo with the ATI X800Pro 16P and everything goes OK, on the Atitool i see X800Pro and the nbr of active pipes is 16...but when i launch the scan for artifacts module everything hangs.

i lowered the GPU speeds but nothing goes right. what should i do?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
unregistred said:
hi everybody

i tried to flash my BBA ATI X800Pro vivo with the ATI X800Pro 16P and everything goes OK, on the Atitool i see X800Pro and the nbr of active pipes is 16...but when i launch the scan for artifacts module everything hangs.

i lowered the GPU speeds but nothing goes right. what should i do?

The modified 16pipe BIOS doesn't agree with all cards... try one of the X800 XT 500/500 BIOS ...

U

Unregistered

Urlyin said:
The modified 16pipe BIOS doesn't agree with all cards... try one of the X800 XT 500/500 BIOS ...

is the gigabyte XT 500/500 are good to try? or even another one from another Builder?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
is the gigabyte XT 500/500 are good to try? or even another one from another Builder?

You can try that one... some cards work better with certain Bios than others, sort of trial and error. I lean towards the ATI BIOS ...

U

Unregistered

Urlyin said:
You can try that one... some cards work better with certain Bios than others, sort of trial and error. I lean towards the ATI BIOS ...

oh my god..my PC hangs after the empty.bin flash....my card is bios-less now, what should i do? i dont have a PCI VGA Card should i buy one or my X800 is ....Dead?

pls help

U

Unregistered

finally i got a savage4 PCi and i reload my original bios back...ouf

but for now i will let down the upgrade.....only for now ;)

U

Unregistered

Just tried on Powercolor x800pro and get artifacts no matter what clock speed :-(
Flashing back to PRO bios now

U

Unregistered

Urlyin said:
The X800 series doesn't come in PCI-X... X600XT/X600pro and X300/X300se for ATI PCI-Express

Hmmm so I guess my Saphire x800Pro VIVO PCI-E fell from the sky as a gift from the god . . . hehe

Neways you may talk about it some more over the next 23 pages but I dont wana look over it and it was an old post so im sure you updated it. Anyhow I have -=Saphire x800Pro VIVO PCI-E=- just wondering what the best bios flash would be for it, its running the r423 chip type 450/475 12 pipes. LEmmy know :) thanks a lot guys