• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x800 VIVO -> XT Questions

NukeleaR

Hi,

I currently have a Sapphire VIVO which I went ahead and flashed to an XT with full 16 pipes. I have a few questions I've been wondering about for a bit lately.

#1) Does the BIOS which I flash it with make that big of a difference if any at all? I hear alot of mixed responces concerning this based on memory timings etc.

#2) Currently I reach 540/522 without artifacting. This is a fairly high GPU overclock, but what I'm really concerned about is getting the memory up to 560. It's Samsung 1.6 so I wouldn't think it would be that big of an issue. The options as I've been told are either to volt mod the video card or get a good VGA silencer. Will the VGA silencer really help out the memory overclock? I'd assume it would be more help on the GPU. Right now under load ATITool reports 70 degrees celsius, which I have heard is well within heat specifications. The other option would be a volt mod, but I have no idea where to pencil in for a memory volt mod. I've seen some guides out there but nobody really pinpoints the current place to drop some graphite.

#3) Is my power supply a culprit in this as well? Currently I'm using an Antec 350 watt True Blue, with one 160 GB Hard Drive, Floppy, 8x Dual Layer DVD Burner, 3 total case fans (a Lian Li PC-65b), a Zalman flower on the CPU, two 512 sticks of low latency memory, and two UV lights. My CPU is also overclocked from 2800+ to 3000+. I'm really thinking that my power supply is holding me back...possibly upgrading to one fo those new 500 watt Ultra X-Connects would help with the artifacting as well as leaving me with enough power to volt mod the memory.

Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome, I'm really wondering if I should just go ahead and invest in a good 120$ power supply.

Lew

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you but I'm hoping you can help me in my search for high odds x800 Pro VIVO ----> XT candidates. Where did you buy your Sapphire VIVO and what is the serial number?
Thanks!

NukeleaR

Lew said:
Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you but I'm hoping you can help me in my search for high odds x800 Pro VIVO ----> XT candidates. Where did you buy your Sapphire VIVO and what is the serial number?
Thanks!
I bought it off ebay about 2 months ago. S/N starts A04170

Quazi

There's a store on eBay called PCModz that sells them for $422 with free shipping.