• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800-X850 AGP/PCIx POSSIBLE EXTRA PIPE UNLOCKING

It is interesting to here that on X850PRO (R481 core) has laser cut done (It could be un advantage :D ). R481 is very similar to R420 ostensibly. Please see that: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5367and post your fuses here. After that remove the cooler and connect the left bridge (befor that clean the contact dots with something sharp) using conductive paint/glue or solder a thin wire.
Conduct the fuse research again and post your results. If everything is OK remains only flashing with proper BIOS and flasher :) .

Successssss

FiShBuRn

Thanks dolf, i have posted my fuses there :) see at top of pag. 99 :)
I will try that :) i will tell u something later..thanks :)

btw:

I have to connect that two dots right? connect 1 with 2?

Thanks

Last edited:

FiShBuRn

Can i bypass the laser cut by using an ordinary pencil to connect the bridge or what pencil is everyone talking about?

Thanks

FiShBuRn

I´ve bypassed the LaserCut, connected the two dots with conductive glue..and tested if they are connected.

The problem is the fuses on ATiTool are the same :( CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFFEFFF

Edit:

I´ve flashed my card with a bios modded to 16 Pipes. Removed the Drivers and ATiTool first. And nothing..still 12 pipes :( :| maybe its cutted in the other side of the core...

Anyone knows if this is true?
...all the x850pro that have in the serial number 18054 are dielocked...the are no mod (hard/soft) that can be open the 4 died pipe......if in the serial there is 18053 the card have a lasercut but can be mod by an hardmod....and if in the serial there is 18052/51/50 etc the card is moddable by flashing the bios....

Because my card have the 18054 serial! :(

Any ideia?!

Thanks

Last edited:

serjster

FishBurn im in the same situation as you. Have the same card and already knew about the serial so i gave up. But now there seems to be alot more info, anyone know if this dielock is true? Can anyone explain what exactly is it?

naseltzer

Eax800

Anyone unlocked the last 4 pipelines on an Asus EAX800? It's basically a GTO stock is 391/351 w/12pp. Mine is an R430 core.

badDay

Hi!

I also have a Asus EAX800 with the R430 core.
By now I have read a lot about modding ATI card but I am somehow still confused.
The Card can do Core 450 Mem 495 with no prob.
Atit Tool strings are.
die fuses: 0xFFFF7FFF
substrate: 0xFFFFFF9E

Is it possible to md the card, or can I just forgett about it?

greetz

naseltzer

I don't know. Your die fuse data and substrate are the same as mine. I tried flashing the bios, but the bios seems to be locked and won't flash. I basically gave up and am now trying to sell the card. Please let me know if you find anything. I could sure use those extra 4 pipelines in quake 4 and FEAR. BTW.. a 450 MHz core is pretty nice for an R430.

pezcore64

prolly been asked in this thread but ...

i have a sapphire x800GT AGP version(R420)...
i have tried flashing the bios with the sapphire x800pro bios that matched my ram and the card operates correctly afterwards and is identified as an x800pro but atitool still only shows 8 pipelines active.
how can i go about finding out if there is a way to mod the without having to look under the heatsink? I understand to do a hardmod you have to remove it, but id rather not just to find out if i can or not.

ATitool shows the following :
CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xEFF39FF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFFE9D
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x22
GB_PIPE_SELECT 0x19940

anybody have any clue ?

naseltzer

If the pipelines haven't been enabled after that, they're probably not unlockable. Though I don't have the same model you do, so perhaps I'm wrong. However, regarding the heatsink. Just go ahead and take it off, man. It'll be a learning experience. It's good for you. And when you do it, go ahead and replace the stock thermal grease with something higher quality... like Arctic Silver or something. See if you can get some higher quality thermal tape for the ram chips, too. Very easy and cheap way to squeeze out a few MHz.

ivaj

Hello, congratulations for this amazing post.
I will try to explain as well as I can, english is not my languaje, sorry.
I have seen in some pictures the lasercuts are made on right bridge but in my MSI X800PRO AGP I can see the lasercut in left brigde.
I've cennected the bridge with silver conductive paint, but no results.
What is difference between cards with left cutted bridge and right cutted bridge?

Atitool:
DIE 0XEFF3EFFF
SUBSTRATE 0XFFFFFF1E
I can see "3EF" and "F1E" I think it's not moddeable.

mmx

ivaj said:
Hello, congratulations for this amazing post.
I will try to explain as well as I can, english is not my languaje, sorry.
I have seen in some pictures the lasercuts are made on right bridge but in my MSI X800PRO AGP I can see the lasercut in left brigde.
I've cennected the bridge with silver conductive paint, but no results.
What is difference between cards with left cutted bridge and right cutted bridge?

Atitool:
DIE 0XEFF3EFFF
SUBSTRATE 0XFFFFFF1E
I can see "3EF" and "F1E" I think it's not moddeable.
I have the same problem on an Connect3D X800GTO, the GPU R430 , no lasercut, but not moddable. From where are disabled thoes extra pipeline

dan0512

Do you guys think the x800gt's on PCI-E are getting locked thru fuses on the back? R423

I have 8pp and here are my fuse values

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xEFF39FFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFF61D
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0xA62
GB_PIPE_SELECT 0x19940

anything out of the ordinary?

Phazeus

Hi!

I need information about one videocard:

PCI-E 256 DDR GeCube ATI Radeon X850 Pro (GC-RX850PG3-D3) TV+DVI, (256bit)

What the memory type, can I unlock all 16 pipe on this card? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
:confused:

Phazeus

Ivaj, if I correctly have understood, this card (PCI-E 256 DDR GeCube ATI Radeon X850 Pro (GC-RX850PG3-D3) TV+DVI, (256bit)) already have 16 pipes... But in the specification on ATI X850 Pro series cards is written, what they have only 12 pipes. Only XT and XT PE have 16 pipes. And I'm want buy the GeCub's card and unlock it.
Where the true???

ivaj

(I will try to explain, escuse me if yo don't undertand something but I only speak english a bit)

Sorry I said It has 16 pipes and it's not true, has 12pipes like my X800PRO.
I've benn reading about unlocking pipes in various kinds of graphic cars, and the conclusion is, the only way to know if a card can be unlocked is having the card and testing with Atitool.
I know the cars wich are sure unlock capable are Saphire x800GTO2 to x850XT, because is the same card with changed bios.
I can't help you anymore, sorry.

blohin

I am at work so I didnt have time to read all this thread. One quick question though:
Is 420 core on non vivo agp card unlockable to 16 pipelines or not?
Thank you.