• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 XT AIW -- what is going on?

i get artifacts when i push memory past 510, even with default VPU speed... is this a potential power issue or what? any thoughts? i have an antec 380 new PSU, which is presumably sufficient... i am relatively certain that my card is running off its own power line that it shares only with a 1394 PCI card. one thing i found odd was that the AIW uses the smaller power connector, while the standard X800 PRO i had used the big one you use for Hard Drives, etc... Is there any specific voltage setting i should use? would it be useful to run the power off its own line?

one nice thing that happend from this is that i was always having problems with my firewire picking up devices, and as soon as i removed my old tv card - Bam, firewire works perfectly, at least the add-on card... i am now going to test it thru my audigy and hopefully can scrap the extra PCI card altogether...

anyway, i am using the Beta 10, as i did read (and see) that temps were not displayed on the standard ATItool with this card... also, looking for confirmation on a ATI Silencer (artic cooling) that will fit this card.. my case is otherwise relatively silent (except for the SATAs) - but that AIW FAN is a BEAST! when i play games its like someone has opened a steam valve in my case. that fan is loud!

Stephen M. Smith

I had the same problem after replacing my 9800XT w/a x850XT PE. However, after checking the "use older more compatible scanning mode" checkbox, it works as expected. Try that.