• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x800se and ATITOOL Help plz +16 pipes unlockable?

NYGANG_EDDI

OK um just bought myself a saphire x800 se (256ddr3) and have heard about this interesting program.
I ran it and I clicked the determine max core speed thing. As soon as I clicked it my whole screen turned into brown red and white streaks running downvertially fullscreen. I immediatley pressed reset on my computer as I feared my card was gonna get cooked!!. So Just wondering, what should I expect when i click determine max core clock? is the fullscreen streak thing normal? or is somthing else suppose to happen (like the 3dbox thingie doin its thing??)

p.s anyone sucessfully open 16 pipes on a the saphire x800 se card yet :)

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor Phenom II 940BE @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-T
Cooling Coolermaster V8
Memory 4 x 2gb DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5870 (Asus bios)
Storage 2TB SEAGATE SATA2
Display(s) Samsung T240 24" Widescreen
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi extreme music
Power Supply Corsair TX 850W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
I don't know if its possible. Its a fairly new card.

Have u tried yet?

deeven

Yes we have tried

We read in a magazine that you could unlock pipelines by scraping 2 gold contacts then joining them using conductive pen, we tried this on both our cards but it didn't work. Both our cards still run fine. we took a few pictures if you would like to see them tell us where we can post them. could possibly be able to dig out magazine article & scan it & send it to you if you like.
Dee & Ven

ChAce

I guess that could have to do with the whole fuses thing... Damn I didn't have that much trouble when I unlocked my Pro ViVo :ehhsad:

Anyway, that's your core corrupting. Don't use the "find max" function but up the clocks yourself (5Mhz at a time) and press "find artifacts". Of course you have to apply the clocks first. I had problems with ATiTool in the last bit, so if it keeps corrupting try using a different program as its highly unlikely it won't OC a single Mhz.

MD

x-800 pro can be unlocked,se maby aswell.

Hello,there are certain numbers on the r-420 chip that tell us if it can, or can not be unlocked. I can get them if you want them. MD.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
cant unlock se/gt afaik .. i did look into both of them and the cores of the samples i had were locked