• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x850 Pro VIVO 12P to 16P XT Problems

enolam

Greetings!

First I would like to say that I am in love with these forums. The wealth of information on these and the articles have been invaluble.

On to my issue.

I have been working with W1zzards guide in conjuction with a few other sites to try to unlock the other pipes on this card.

The card was purchased in December, from ATI. I have tried about 3-4 different bio's most of which are from this site with no success. The clock settings/XT features in the CAT drivers are unlocking fine, and the system is stable at even PE speeds. Only problem I have seen when I don't use my 850 Pro BIOS is that the fan on the GPU does not operate unless I use the ATI tool fan selection settings.

I have also read in another article referring to FUSE settings that report in ATI Tool. Upon further examining my settings it seems that mine do not have F's in the hex values where they need to be.

Just got done reading a post where someone modded a bios for someone who had a FUSE setting that differed. Was wondering if any of you could do the same for me.

If possible could there be a way to have control of my VPU fan, along with unlocking the XT options in the CAT drivers, and have the card operate at the XT default values. (So I don't have to run ATI Tool in the background. ) I'd really just like it to be at 100 percent at all times, not so much to lengthen it's lifespan but because noise doesn't matter. I'm useing a Thermalright SLK-80 with fan that sounds like a 747 moving 104 CFM. So I won't hear it anyways. :)

Manufacturer: ATI
Model: Radeon x850 Pro
BIOS Version: 009.008.001.004
BIOS Part Number: 113-A47503-103
BIOS Date: 2005/02/08
Bus Type: AGP

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES: 0xFFFFDFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES: 0xFFFFFF9E
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES: 0x860
CONFIG_PIPE_SELECT: 0xAD46

I attached my stock bios if that helps. Thanks for your time, and help. :) Hope ya'll had a good xmas. :) It's in txt format instead of bin i just renamed it under dos so it should go back i assume to a valid .bin file type.

Thanks again.

Eno

Attachments

• oldbios.txt
    64 KB · Views: 444

internal

Processor 3200+ Venice OC'd 2.55GHZ
Motherboard ASrock Dual939 SATAII
Cooling Zalman for CPU - Silencer for GPU- 2 120mm Antec Fans
Memory GSKill ZX DDR433 2.5-3-2-5
Video Card(s) x1900xtx 670/792
Storage Maxtor 160 SATA x2 Raid 0
Display(s) VX922 Viewsonic
Case Antec Sonota I
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 Value
Power Supply Antec NEOpower 550
You need all F's in your 2 fuse lines.

Card cannot be unlocked.

I'd take it back and find a XT for as cheap as you can or continue your search for an older x850Pro that's been sitting on the shelf waiting for you too buy it the last 2 months.

peta01

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (OC 2500 MHz)
Motherboard Abit AN8 Ultra - passive northbridge cooling via heatpipe
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 48 (almost 1 kg of copper :) )
Memory 1GB RAM (2x512 DDR, CL2, running at 137 MHz)
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800GTO2 (510/585, 16p) AC ATI Silencer
Storage 320 GB Seagate, 200 GB Western Digital, 120 GB Seagate
Display(s) LG 22" LCD Panel
Case Chieftec blue bigtower with additional cooling
Audio Device(s) AC97 raiser card on mainboard
Power Supply Chieftec 360W
Software WinXP SP2, sometimes Vista Ultimate x64
To modify your old bios to work at XT PE speeds use Rabit - nice program for editing bioses. If your not sure about using Rabit post here your orig bios .bin file packed with Zip and the clock rates you want to be default. I will do the rest :)

Try to recognize what type of core do you have. If yours is R423 there is still some chance for unlocking pipes. If it is R480 then no unlock is possible.

enolam

peta01 said:
To modify your old bios to work at XT PE speeds use Rabit - nice program for editing bioses. If your not sure about using Rabit post here your orig bios .bin file packed with Zip and the clock rates you want to be default. I will do the rest :)

Try to recognize what type of core do you have. If yours is R423 there is still some chance for unlocking pipes. If it is R480 then no unlock is possible.

Yeah, the core model is R481. Pretty sure i'm SoL on this then. I got it from ATI's online store, so I'm not sure if I can return it.

I take it they found a loophole with the way they shut down those pipes huh. :(

Don't suppose I can get a XT Bios from someone that will let me use the OC tools in the CAT drivers so I don't have to keep ATItool open all the time. :)

Last edited:

peta01

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (OC 2500 MHz)
Motherboard Abit AN8 Ultra - passive northbridge cooling via heatpipe
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 48 (almost 1 kg of copper :) )
Memory 1GB RAM (2x512 DDR, CL2, running at 137 MHz)
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800GTO2 (510/585, 16p) AC ATI Silencer
Storage 320 GB Seagate, 200 GB Western Digital, 120 GB Seagate
Display(s) LG 22" LCD Panel
Case Chieftec blue bigtower with additional cooling
Audio Device(s) AC97 raiser card on mainboard
Power Supply Chieftec 360W
Software WinXP SP2, sometimes Vista Ultimate x64
I can modify your current bios. If you want post here your bios packed with zip and write here what overclock would you like to use.