• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x850 pro vivo to x850 xt PE

USSJ4Brolli

Hi, i was wondering, if someone would show me the procedure, or a site with the procedure, to unlock the 4 pipes within my card.Iv seen some sites that people ask for this picture, so i allready prapared.

Iv also read that there is a way to unlock the 4 pipes, but you cant re-lock them if there "bad". But, i heard there was a way to reverse it with a sertain bios or way u flash it or something. Could someone tell me if my card can be unlocked, and if its a good idea to do so aswell.

Device ID: 4B4B
Chip Name: R481
AGP with 5.11 cats
Ati Radion X850 Pro Vivo 256MB GDDR3

Thank you very much!

USSJ4Brolli

success! Modded my Radion X850 Pro AGP from 12 pipes to 16, with XT Speeds. (dont want PE speeds till i find a cooler that will help it along the way). Cant beat that when buying this card off of ebay NEW for $210 w/ Free shipping!!! 18698 w/ 3DMark2001SE (at the 500/500 clock). Dont have 2k3-5 yet....YET :laugh: :rockout: . SWEET! THNKS EVERYONE!

Last edited:

Ho7shot

USSJ4Brolli said:
success! Modded my Radion X850 Pro AGP from 12 pipes to 16, with XT Speeds. (dont want PE speeds till i find a cooler that will help it along the way). Cant beat that when buying this card off of ebay NEW for $210 w/ Free shipping!!! 18698 w/ 3DMark2001SE (at the 500/500 clock). Dont have 2k3-5 yet....YET :laugh: :rockout: . SWEET! THNKS EVERYONE!

Dude would you mind posting the exact BIOS and tools that you used? Along with the commands in DOS?

As Im having trouble unlocking the extra pipes with the exact same card as you.

Cheers

USSJ4Brolli

Hey, not a prob. After about an hour of research and things i finally managed to get the right things needed to do so. Please make sure you backup you BIOS, i am not responsible for anything you do!

Bios : 16-pipe-x850-pro-agp-1.6.zip

Flashing tool : MUST USE THIS ONE, DO NOT USE ANY OTHERS : flashrom16p.zip

Commands to use :
First: flashrom -s 0 backup.bin
Second: flashrom -f -p 0 1.bin (where 1.bin is the name of your bios file)

There you go, And hopefuully your card isnt locked within and it works!

Ho7shot

USSJ4Brolli said:
Hey, not a prob. After about an hour of research and things i finally managed to get the right things needed to do so. Please make sure you backup you BIOS, i am not responsible for anything you do!

Bios : 16-pipe-x850-pro-agp-1.6.zip

Flashing tool : MUST USE THIS ONE, DO NOT USE ANY OTHERS : flashrom16p.zip

Commands to use :
First: flashrom -s 0 backup.bin
Second: flashrom -f -p 0 1.bin (where 1.bin is the name of your bios file)

There you go, And hopefuully your card isnt locked within and it works!

Thanks so much dude, but it looks like even tho I have a VIVO card, i still cant access my extra 4 pipes cos' of a Die Lock?!

USSJ4Brolli

Ho7shot said:
Thanks so much dude, but it looks like even tho I have a VIVO card, i still cant access my extra 4 pipes cos' of a Die Lock?!

Oh, shi**y.....did you check ATItool, to see if it did? Or did the flash crap out or something? Iv seen some things on the net for a pencle conect or something liek that.....im not completly sure on that one. maybe u can get lucky, and take it back specifying it didnt work properly and get 1 that will unlock :p

Silvian21

Well apparently even after my first flash to the X850 XT, it didn't even open up the other 4 pipes according to the ATI Tool. What am I doing wrong?

System Name Gamer
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WIFI
Cooling Apogee XL, MCR360, MCP655, Micro-rez
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Red Dragon RX 6800 XT
Storage WD SN850 1TB & SN750 1TB
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" 1440p 144Hz
Case Rocketfish (Lian Li) e-ATX
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon HK695 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GM-750
Mouse HP Gaming wired
Keyboard Logitech G110 wired
VR HMD HP WMR 1440^2
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
Silvian21 said:
How do you know if your card is a VIVO or not?
Look at this article, scroll down to the 3rd picture. See the yellow connector in the blue box? That is on all VIVO cards. No connector, no VIVO. :)

What brand x850pro are you trying to mod?
Is it AGP or PCI-e?
Have you used ATITool to find the fuses data?