Tutorial on how to use RBE (Radeon BIOS Editor)
Introduction - What does RBE do?RBE is a handy tool to modify several interesting parameters in ATI BIOS files. It focuses on fan and clock settings as these are the most important things to most users. BIOS modification is an alternative to using memory resident tweaking utilities such as RivaTuner, ATI Tray Tools or ATITool. It has several advantages such as
- No need to run any program on boot up for setting the tweaks
- Thus independence of operating system - BIOS tweaks work in Linux and any other OS, not just Windows
- Option of voltage modification
- Keeping PowerPlay untouched/still working after overclocking - in fact, you can even boost this power saving functionality at your own needs.
- You will void your warranty by BIOS flashing
- BIOS flashing means a direct intervention into the hardware
- This can be dangerous and needs to be done carefully
- Thus, it should be done by people who really know what they are doing only!
A BIOS tweaked using RBE will always have a proper checksum - there is no reason for the flashing program to complain about not matching checksums.