AMD Catalyst 12.6 Software Suite Vista/7 64-bit
|File size:||152.0 MB|
|Downloads:||73,714 (10.7 TB)|
|Posted:||Jun 28, 2012|
|Updated:||Jun 29, 2012|
|Operating System:||Vista 64-Bit|
Dual Graphics enhancements – new application profiles for DirectX 9 applications
- Supported Dual Graphics configurations:
AMD Accelerated Processors for Desktop PCs
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7660D (A10-5800K)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7660D (A10-5700)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D (A8-5600K)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7560D (A8-5500)
Notebooks with AMD Accelerated Processors
AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G (A10-4600M)
- AMD Accelerated Processors for Desktop PCs
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G (A10-4600M)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G (A8-4500M)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7520G (A6-4400M)
- New profiles have been added for the following titles:
- Diablo 3
- Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
- StarCraft 2
- Portal 2
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty Black Ops
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 OperatingSystem
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst12.6 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- CERT recently approached AMD with information pertaining to what they believed to be a possible video driver vulnerability exposed by non-default settings of the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET). EMET is a security test tool that allows system administrators to create test conditions to validate correct behavior of system components or indicate potential weak points.
- The AMD Catalyst 12.6 driver for the AMD Radeon HD 7000, AMD Radeon HD 6000, and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series is designed to resolve a possible video driver vulnerability issue and to minimize the occurrence of system crashes.
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations - BSOD when using desktop applications.
- AMD Catalyst 12.6 includes some additional fixes(not found in the AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta) for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphics cards for issues related to the GPU hanging when the system goes to sleep. Please ensure that your System BIOS is up to date. Some occurrences of this issue may be related to an outdated System BIOS.
- Heroes and Generals - Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode.
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration – system hang after cinematics in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- AMD A4, AMD A6, AMD A8 and AMD A10 APU Products - crashes after repeated toggling between VGA and HDMI monitors.
- System hangs after playing various DVD and Bluray titles with PowerDVD.
- Video corruption seen after playing some DivX video clips using Windows Media Center.
- AMD Radeon 7800 series products: Crysis 2 hangs when run in DirectX 9 mode.
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations - BSOD when using desktop applications in DirectX 11 mode.
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™12.6 software suite for Windows Vista. These include:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops - Poor game performance experienced when run in Tridef mode with in-game AA enabled.