• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Skyrim Contest !!

Processor Intel i5 3550
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
Cooling Thermaltake Performer 2.0 AIO Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 960
Storage Corsair Neutron 256gb Boot drive, ~7tb storage combined on other drives
Display(s) AOC 27" 1920x1080 IPS and Wacom Cintiq 13" HD
Case Fractal Design Node 804
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio, Pyle Pro PTA2 Amp, Sony SS-B3000 Speakers, Sennheiser HD595 headphones
Power Supply Antec 750W "High Current Gamer"
Mouse SteelSeries Diablo 3
Keyboard Rosewill Mechanical with cherry black keys
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
The worst game I've EVER played, had to have been Dungeon Lords on PC.

The ENTIRE skill tree for the healer type, did NOT work at launch... it had to be patched.

Then the supposedly random dungeons that were claimed to exist on the back of the box, didn't actually exist in game until a few patches later, a few months or so after the game was out.

One time I had started over, because I got stuck behind a door that was trying to open, but was pushing me into the corner of the room, and the door would NOT swing the other way, until it finished its original closing... Then when I started the new character, a dragon came from over the mountains and started attacking my newly made level 1 character, and about after an hour of shooting at it with arrows/spells, it dies and I gain a ton of levels.

This game alone, has made me check who published the game I am about to buy, because if it is Dreamcatcher, then I will NOT buy it, until I know for absolute sure, that it is not a POS like Dungeon Lords was.

This game, is my benchmark for bad games, I have yet to find anything close to as bad as this, that I have played, or owned.

Last edited:
System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
Game: The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Why: I had to apply a mod so I could get naked girlz... and shank them from behind..

JK shanking is bad

I was trying to make fun of the mod that someone made for Oblivion:shadedshu. It's a great game and I played it on Xbox so you can't mod anyway.

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Hands down the worst game I have ever played on PC is Far Cry 2. I loved the first one and it was on sale for $5, so I figured what the hell, right? Yeah, that is like saying, I will stick my dick in a light socket, what the hell, right?

So the game opens up and I am in a shady hotel and apparently, I have contracted the herp or some other random disease. I look around for a Tridgent that might have given it to me, but no. Then I go through a hazy combat sequence where I die 5 fucking times thanks to all the motion blur.... What the shit is this?!?! Farcry 1 was hard, but this is insane... Finally get past that and they I am told that I have to look for factions and help them..... At this point, I quit the game to make SURE that this is a far cry game...... Title says far cry 2, so it MUST be related to Far Cry is some way right? Maybe it will get better. So where was I? Oh yes, help factions out, to do this, you must drive 100 clicks to the other side of the map and kill some random asshat.

At this point I am starting to get the sneaking suspicion that this is Grand Theft Auto: Jungle edition, but I figure what the hell right, it might get better. So I start driving. I quickly find out that the traffic laws are FUCKED UP in this game, get shot to death for failing to yield at a checkpoint. Knowing that the laws are fucked up, I reload the game and kill every last son of a bitch at the checkpoint before they have a chance to ask for my license and registration. Next up, my car is broken down, "Hold f to fix your car", being a mechanic, I think SWEET, I get to fix it. I found out that I want to be a mechanic in a world where you can fix a cracked engine block by tightening down the distributor with a pipe wrench...

So finally, I get to the other side of the island where I have to kill some asshat. My gun breaks down RIGHT when I don't need it to, I knew that I should have bought more quality shit. Die 10 times and finally get it right. Now I am going back to get my reward and I happily speed through the checkpoint where I killed all of those fuckwads, only to die by the fresh new set of fuckwads that appeared out of nowhere.

I have finally had it, I uninstall the game and start making plans to sue for false advertising.

The worst game I've played recently is probably Alchemy. The entire game is just matching different "elements" together to form a new compound or whatever. I have no idea how that game has 4.5 / 5 stars as it's quite possibly the most boring thing i've ever played.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Hands down the worst game I have ever played on PC is Far Cry 2. I loved the first one and it was on sale for $5, so I figured what the hell, right? Yeah, that is like saying, I will stick my dick in a light socket, what the hell, right?

So the game opens up and I am in a shady hotel and apparently, I have contracted the herp or some other random disease. I look around for a Tridgent that might have given it to me, but no. Then I go through a hazy combat sequence where I die 5 fucking times thanks to all the motion blur.... What the shit is this?!?! Farcry 1 was hard, but this is insane... Finally get past that and they I am told that I have to look for factions and help them..... At this point, I quit the game to make SURE that this is a far cry game...... Title says far cry 2, so it MUST be related to Far Cry is some way right? Maybe it will get better. So where was I? Oh yes, help factions out, to do this, you must drive 100 clicks to the other side of the map and kill some random asshat.

At this point I am starting to get the sneaking suspicion that this is Grand Theft Auto: Jungle edition, but I figure what the hell right, it might get better. So I start driving. I quickly find out that the traffic laws are FUCKED UP in this game, get shot to death for failing to yield at a checkpoint. Knowing that the laws are fucked up, I reload the game and kill every last son of a bitch at the checkpoint before they have a chance to ask for my license and registration. Next up, my car is broken down, "Hold f to fix your car", being a mechanic, I think SWEET, I get to fix it. I found out that I want to be a mechanic in a world where you can fix a cracked engine block by tightening down the distributor with a pipe wrench...

So finally, I get to the other side of the island where I have to kill some asshat. My gun breaks down RIGHT when I don't need it to, I knew that I should have bought more quality shit. Die 10 times and finally get it right. Now I am going back to get my reward and I happily speed through the checkpoint where I killed all of those fuckwads, only to die by the fresh new set of fuckwads that appeared out of nowhere.

I have finally had it, I uninstall the game and start making plans to sue for false advertising.

I think you should just go postal.

System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10

So i'm scrolling through the forums, get to page 2 and I'm like, "WHOA, GIRL!!! And its a pretty one too!! I haven't seen one of those since I joined TPU! Could it be because I've spent my waking life here? Nah."

And then I noticed that Dannibus Hasn't posted anything since then. And then I think to myself, "he must've decided that women are almost as good as peices of silicon and gone to get himself one." And then I thought "was he really that diluted? Silicon is obviously of superior quality."

I'll probably die for that.

Edit:
As for worst game, I only play the good ones. :laugh:

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
I find it funny everyone thinks im a shoe in to win this contest.... ive read all the entries theres better ones then what i posted for sure.

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
The worst game I have ever played on PC is EVE online.

The game is stunning visually, The Interface is complex, and the world is highly detailed.

The learning curve is frankly insane But i persisted, Learned how things worked, What the various skills did, How to get my ships, money, and fight.

However the game is lacking not in content, but in gameplay.

For an online, huge imersive world where you can do anything go anywhere and be anything you want to be, Why oh why do i always find myself doing the same 3 missions regardless of where in space i go.

Firstly there is a kill mission... Go here find out you need a better ship, Get a better ship, tool it up and kill, Awesome! until you get into a decent enough ship that the game changes from been a fight to a damage mitigation contest.

Secondly there is a collection Quest... Go here collect this! awesome till you realise that you need a Different ship with different gear. So you get the ship and the gear, Go out kill a couple of mobs, then Start up collecting for a short time.... Mission done.

And finally there is the Survival mission. Go here and Last for X time, Again great when your on the learning curve, But once you get a ship that can Deal with the level 4's then you have maxed out what your capable of solo.....

So you may think go for the all important level 5's!!! Well you could but there for multiplayer, And no one bothers with missions, they go into Harder open areas and grind on random spawns. So there is no played level 5 content.

This gives the game on average the learning time of the Battle cruiser as playtime solo. So in 6 months if you haven't found a corporation, Or something to do in game your basically a floating space fairing loser along with the countless other floating space fairing losers.

I think the reason it failed me so badly is content. I have played wow and the endgame content is pap, But if you took your time getting to the end the levelling was pretty good, Go here, talk to this faction, kill some nice looking creatures, encounter some pretty nice bosses, Enjoy a well rounded story with a very polished world that runs seamlessly into itself.

Morrowind was another top game, Spend a few weeks doing the main story, go all over the island, kill Dagoth, then go back to Balmora... and try some of the other stuff. The game never ends content wise. You walk in any direction for 5 mins and someone somewhere comes and asks for help... There is a complete world there.

Eve should be an awesome game, It's had Development time, It's had cash, and more importantly it has some user created content.... So where are the system battles, Refugees, The battle lines between factions, And the immersive missions outside of the main story line (which was pretty dull) to make you feel you are living in a real world with people rather than machines....

I then though i was missing the point of the game, and Invited a friend to come join me in Eve, and we would learn something new! He signs up, we get rolling on our builds!!! were going to be miners and crafters woot!!!! After another 3 months he quits.... Turns out the game is pretty boaring after you mine your first few chunks of Veldspar....

Maybe i missed the point, I don't know, maybe the game wasn't handed to me on a silver platter, with a side of onion rings and a cold beverage.... But the game could have been so so much more, and it turned into a 2 dimensional, totaly unimersive, flop for me!

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
@Iceni

I'll second that. In fact, while I created a character and started flying around, I couldn't get into it at all and the whole learning curve was far too much to be fun. I just gave up after a few attempts.

But it sure looks gorgeous! :eek:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Tribes : Vengeance

So, I was looking this morning to see if anyone knew about the Tribes:Ascend beta going on, and found a short, 4-response thread. In this thread, I found my entry. I couldn't really think of a game that just really sucked. I've played some like Painkiller:Overdose that really just didn't do it for me, and a few console crappers, but nothing that really stood out as an "Oh my GOD that game SUCKS!!".... And then I read the T:A thread, and I found my salvation. To quote my response to some poor misguided person...

shame on you. T:V was one of the worst abortions of a video game I've ever seen. It was the leftover from michael bay eating himself, starting with his toe jam, and finishing with the head cheese crammed in his ear wax. :slap:

This refers to Tribes : Vengeance. When Tribes 2 came out, around 2000 or 2001, I was early into the game, and got sucked in at once. By 2004, We were looking to T:V to revive a slowly dying Monarch. On October 5, 2004, T:V was released to great acclaim, and much dismay to the Tribes community. Dynamix had sold to, or been bought by, Vivendi, and they had SCREWED us. The game play was abysmal. The inventory system, which is how you choose your class and suit for the game, was BROKEN upon release!!! They had to patch it a few weeks later to make it work, and the nightmare still continued. In March, pending a second or third patch, they simply cancelled support, and said "Suck it, losers!!!" Basic gameplay was broken, play was unbalanced, and the Tribes community took a collective kick in the nuts, and limped back to the T2 servers, where the Dynamix team took pity on us, and eventually released T2 for free download.

So, that's my sob story, and my entry to the event. Tribes:Vengeance. I'm sure there are other games out there similarly abandoned by their developers, but I doubt many so quickly, and none that I know of.

System Name Sovereign // HTPC
Processor i7 3770k 4.2 // i7 3770k 4.2
Motherboard Maximus V Gene // Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Noctua D14 // Intel HSF
Memory 16GB Samsung // 16GB VengeanceLP
Video Card(s) Deciding // 660 DC2
Storage OS (X25-M), Data (Seagate 1TB) // Samsung 840 120GB & bunch of drives
Display(s) Samsung T240HD // LG TV
Case TJ08e // Grandia GD08
Audio Device(s) DT880 Pro 250 ohm // TV speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Plat 1000 // Seasonic Gold 760
Software Windows 8 Pro x64 // Windows 7 Pro x64
Thats a tough one, since i cant remember my bad gaming experiences as much as the good ones, especiallly on the PC, my worst one was from a game i bought at the supermarket at age 10, installed the game, it was so ugly, pointless, awful, first person/RPG/Myth but failed at everything so much i played for 10 minutes, uninstalled, broke some cd's and use the rest as cupholders, which later went to a school arts project

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Harley Davidson - Road to Sturgis PC

I remember thinking, yeah a Harley game!
Harley's are known to be heavy handling, well.....when you have the pressur sensitivity of a keyboard and a draw distance of what seems 100m there is plenty of opportunity to bail and die.

The amount of time I would slowdown to try and pick up some chick hitchhiker only to find I either ride straight past her or ride straight into her, bail and die.

Then some random level pops up where I have to make it up a hill while someone throws pigs down to make me fall off my bike.

Because of the countless head-ons with cars, women hitchhikers and pigs I never made it to Sturgis.

----

Was going to add this as the entry but it the conditions make it void.
Still it was a shitty game:-
Crossbow - The Legend of William Tell for Amiga

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
The worst game ever is The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, that damn game sucks because I played for 75 hours straight and all I did was create a character.

I tried to fight the bad guys but dagnabit every time there were these aliens...

and well needless to say...

I was kinda confused to say the least.

I could go on for days but DantheBanjoman's dial up internet is getting killed by my pictures.

I dont want this game, all the ads make it look like the best game ever invented and the graphics are pretty but they aren't in-game graphics and I've already stalked dungons and killed many-o-dragons.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
The worst game I ever played was GodsWar. It was this 'free' browser based mmo rpg that I tried for the lulz. Game was so bad that it went passed the horrendous guage, back to good, then pointed back to redline bad again. Walked around, asked some people in game for some nude pictures of them, then typed '/slits wrist' in the global chat. Aparently its negative aura was rubbing off on me. Alt+f4.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
And then I noticed that Dannibus Hasn't posted anything since then. And then I think to myself, "he must've decided that women are almost as good as peices of silicon and gone to get himself one." And then I thought "was he really that diluted? Silicon is obviously of superior quality."

I didn't post anything because most images are blocked by my works firewall/network set up.

Hard to fap to a little red x.

I find it funny everyone thinks im a shoe in to win this contest.... ive read all the entries theres better ones then what i posted for sure.

You're a total shoo in to win this contest because of the fact that the worst PC game you've ever played is every PC game you've ever played.

Kreij should honestly change the thread title to "Sweet Contest to give Crazyeyesreaper a free copy of Skyrim over Steam".

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
I'm not taking part in the contest.

So here's what was my worst game, and at the same time one of the best games which I enjoyed in my early teens (talk about girls being confusing, huh? :laugh:)

Hexen: Beyond Heretic

I was really hooked on the game, addicted I should say. Playing it every chance I got on a 486. I don't even want to remember what graphics card that machine had... :shadedshu

I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay (I always had a penchant for first person games and in 1992 or whatever year it was the graphics were just awesome, even better than those of Crysis).

But at the same time I'd feel my stomach lurch and turn, ready to throw up any moment :eek: I'd keep gaming on, till I was too "sea-sick" to do anything except drop dead in bed.

Later, when I started reading up on how computers work and what could cause sickness in games, I thought perhaps my graphics hardware on the 486 was underpowered for the game. But then I don't remember stuttering or freezing.

I just watched a youtube video. Actually watched only the first 2 minutes and my stomach is all tied up and knotty again! Deja' vu!!

Perhaps it's the way your character 'bounces' while walking? Or the extremely low textures which come up as large squares on your monitor if you get too close? Oh and the "Ugghhmmph" sound he makes if you hit a wall definitely doesn't help either, since it sounds like me suppressing barfing!

Last edited by a moderator:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Yeah BP, I think I can see what made you sick with that game: it's indeed the bobbing up and down. The vertical movement is very large and coupled with the shape of that movement, it does induce a slight feeling of vertigo - and this is coming from someone that doesn't suffer motion sickness in FPS games. I can imagine how playing it for a long time would make the symptoms build up. I normally turn off bobbing whenever possible, because it's annoying.

Last edited:

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
I'm not taking part in the contest.

So here's what was my worst game, and at the same time one of the best games which I enjoyed in my early teens (talk about girls being confusing, huh? :laugh:)

Hexen: Beyond Heretic

I was really hooked on the game, addicted I should say. Playing it every chance I got on a 486. I don't even want to remember what graphics card that machine had... :shadedshu

I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay (I always had a penchant for first person games and in 1992 or whatever year it was the graphics were just awesome, even better than those of Crysis).

But at the same time I'd feel my stomach lurch and turn, ready to throw up any moment :eek: I'd keep gaming on, till I was too "sea-sick" to do anything except drop dead in bed.

Later, when I started reading up on how computers work and what could cause sickness in games, I thought perhaps my graphics hardware on the 486 was underpowered for the game. But then I don't remember stuttering or freezing.

I just watched a youtube video. Actually watched only the first 2 minutes and my stomach is all tied up and knotty again! Deja' vu!!

Perhaps it's the way your character 'bounces' while walking? Or the extremely low textures which come up as large squares on your monitor if you get too close? Oh and the "Ugghhmmph" sound he makes if you hit a wall definitely doesn't help either, since it sounds like me suppressing barfing!

Yeah, it's the bobbing. I love Hexen and never got sick off from it, but Forsaken on the N64, that one made me very sick to play.

System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
@qubit: Angry birds is awesome. How could you possibly not like Flinging a variety of birds through a slingshot into bloated green pigs trying to pop them all for stealing an egg that could've hatched into more totally dispensable Angry Birds???!!

1nsane is one of the worst I've ever played.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
worst game i ever played was "TPU"

Its a browser based game that almost requires a triple monitor setup (no eyefinity support!) for multiple browsers open at the same time.

its constant grinding fights based on grammar, spelling, trivia knowledge and comebacks to defend against the fact you're 'upside down' in australia.

Mini bosses up the difficulty drastically, and the boss fights can ban you from the game entirely leaving you forced to buy a new account from a street corner hobo. (he goes by "Erocker")

Even if you win all the fights and become one of the elite few all-powerful 'moderators' your most effective weapon (BanHammer!) has a side effect of 'whinge', wherein all the family members, friends and associates of those that have been hammer-timed, send you private messages (some sort of side quest system, never really explained) where you have to engage in even more grinding battles, except with no reward for victory except a clogged inbox.

I also have the iphone version of the game, but the interface is too slow and it causes more grammar issues, losing me some of the fights.

The one and only redeeming value of the game is occasional challenge missions by Qubit/Kreij.

edit: minimum play time of 6 hours a day. 10 recommended, or you lose some missions by not being there at the right time.

[/end]

Last edited:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Good one Mussels. ROFL
Maybe I'll write up a "TPU game" review in your honor. :toast: