1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    came up against my first hacker ingame. me and my squad spawned directly behind his squad 3 or 4 times. and each time we emptied about 3 mags into him and he didnt even flinch. BUT we managed to kill off his WHOLE squad every time. He didnt even turn around when we killed them almost like he didnt know we were even there. he only turned around when one of his dead squad mates fell down infront of him when we killed them.

I thought it was the game that was glitched at first but his score was like 36|11 on the ENTIRE MAP. meaning we went from the park - through the subway until we were pushed right back to the final base.

not sure if we're allowed to name and shame assholes here so i'll put it up anyway and mods can moderate shit if they want.

His name is:

daveslk
  2. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Application sent to TPU platoon :)

Edit: Why has the post counter been broken the past few days?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I took a video of myself playing a round of Metro, did exceptionally well although I don't always play this well or get as lucky with the kills lol. Anyhow mainly showing off the game on my system and how awesome the assault class is :).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Lionheart says thanks.
  4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Looks pretty good, why do you have AA post off though? When I play ultra I just have that on anyway.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  5. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog - FAQ

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 9 hours ago
    So, we are getting a lot of questions. Of course we are trying to reply to them all.
    Our main focus lies in picking up issues and working with them in the Studio.

FAQ:

Hi people, i just discovered that battlelog friend limit is at 150 Friends.
    It would be nice to have as many friend as we want to.

Limits are in place while we see what kind of habits you all have, how many friends you add, how long you use the site for etc.

Things will/may be adjusted as retail approaches.

It seems whenver my brother and I want to play together we can, one of us becomes connection to EA lost. What is the deal here?

If this is happening when the game servers are up it could be because you are on strict NAT settings.
    Turn both consoles on and run the Microsoft network test on both consoles and see what is says your NAT settings are.
    Also, do you have both Xbox 360 accounts linked to two different EA accounts or are they linked to one EA account?

Joining as squads doesn't work in the BETA.

How do I connect my Xbox 360 Gamertag to Battlelog?

You go to http://www.ea.com [ea.com] and connect your Gamertag to your EA account in the "account" section that you are using to log into Battlelog with.

Stats won't carry over?

So, we are not carrying over the stats because the rank progression system as well as the persistance score is going to be reworked based on feedback from what we´ve seen and what feedback we have collected.

Besides, you get to enjoy all the fun levels over again when the final game ships right :)?

So how do you get veteran status?

Go to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/ [battlefieldbadcompany2.com] and login, then go to the Veteran page. It tells you everything you need there.

Why did you shut down Caspian Border?

Testing has now been completed on Caspian Border. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/view/2826551894086251181/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Destructive Buildings (Console)

The destruction is the same on console and PC.
    You won't be able to take down buildings in multiplayer as that would mean levelling a whole city. You can however take out large parts of buildings and possibly destroy smaller buildings in other maps but you will have to wait and see those maps :)

i cant join a server it says joining server then nothing happens?

Try restarting your Origin as well as logging out from Battlelog.
    Launch Origin and log back into Battlelog :)

Battlelog - What is a beta?

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 7 hours ago
    So there seems to be some confusion around what a beta is. That is why I am posting this in order to clear it up :).

Give it a good read :)

When a new game is created or updated, there are several stages in development before the product can be sold in the commercial marketplace. You might remember our Alpha Trial from July which was the first stage, in which the game is tested by software testers and gamers. A beta version is the name for the second stage of software testing.

The beta version of a software release is considered to be a preview. It has most of the standard features, but is not yet ready for wide release or sale. During this point, the studio will collect feedback from users about the product's usability — what they like and what should be changed — before the game´s wide release. A beta version of a game can be either a closed beta, which is limited to a specific group of users, or an open beta, which is available for the general public to use.

Today, most games are first released in beta version for testing.
  6. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    I thought there was no "ultra"settings in the beta? And also no DX11? I thought I read this a few times in this thread.....no?
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
    from what I've read it gives some sort of blur effect type aa, I want sharpness on my textures not cheap blur! :laugh:
    erocker says thanks.
  8. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Ultra settings are readily available in the beta and DX11 is working just fine as well, I don't know where you heard otherwise but they were mistaken.
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Posting in clubhouses doesn't add to your overall post count.
  10. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    That explains it then, good to know its not broken at least.
  11. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    I read that somewhere too (can't remember where, since I'm registered in countless BF3 forums) that changing between low and ultra wouldn't change squat. Now I only play on low anyways for stability's sake, so I can't confirm that.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, you're mistaken. It's already been said that high = ultra settings for the beta. Though, there's probably a mixture of things as many of the setting don't change a thing, even after a restart. It's definitely is not using any tessellation at all on any setting.

Oh! Post count doesn't work in the Club Forum. :)
    Horrux, Crap Daddy and random say thanks.
  13. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Ok so now its clearer. :laugh: There's so much chatter everywhere that its hard to get a bearing on some seamingly easy stuff to understand.
  14. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    So High looks better than Ultra in the beta? Or High and Ultra are the same in the beta with the real Ultra settings only being in the final game?
  15. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Ordered a HD5750 right now, will see if it overclocks to 5770 levels and see how the beta runs. It's the system in System specs btw.
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    The more I use Battlelog and the browser-based system the more I like it. Especially for things like ease of monitoring and multitasking. Ctrl-alt-del didn't always cut it, you know? Also this takes load and tons of queries off the game servers and backend as well.

[​IMG]

P.S. That thing doesn't read my cpu freq correctly it's presently 3933...
  17. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Supposedly they are the same. I really don't think any DX11 features are being used at all in the beta.. Definitely doesn't look like it.

Oh, and hacks are definitely out there, ran into a couple guys last night using them. A little internet searching will reveal that it's unfortunately true. Also, there's no PB enabled for the beta so it's easy for asshats to do.
  18. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    If they aren't the real ultra settings then I can't wait to see them in the final game even if I have to overclock to run them at max :laugh:

Also I haven't run into any hackers yet so perhaps it won't become widespread.
  19. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    One thing i DO like about this game Is the whole bonus/reward system. even if you dont fire a single round or kill a single person in game. you get points for supporting your team.

you get ponts for providing supressing fire.

I <3 BF3
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Just noticed a locked TDM server named "Test".

Also my favorite playername I've seen so far is "AsianSensasian".
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    prone sucks
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Dude on a giant map with vehicles like Caspian it really won't be such a big deal. And besides the lack of prone (such as in BC2) is really what isn't the norm...

Speaking of BC2 it's still much fun but now already seems kinda antiquated to me (and we haven't even really seen and played BF3 for real yet...)
    erocker says thanks.
  23. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Personally, I like prone. It makes the game more realistic.

Providing suppressing fire and getting points for it is a great thing, it encourages teamwork. :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Indeed to both. Also the suppression points gives one something else worthwhile to do if they don't feel like being on the front lines (or in a vehicle or sniping of course). I really like the new roles too e.g. the Support class with ammo and Assault as Medic.
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  25. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    The beta still runs in DX11 though even no its probably not using all the features the retail game will.