1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Nope. Unless I missed your point.

2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah such would make sense but as we know that wasn't the case in BC2. Hmm multiple whacks you say? I have been fairly low on eject I guess but more than 100 feet up.

In other news the general consensus seems to still be "all GPU" at 108P and above but Render.perfoverlayvisible 1 shows my CPU well below my GPUs (min of 2.5-5 depending on map and like min 40 for GPU) and I am kind of surprised. I plan to test with a higher overclock than 4Ghz though Im only gonna be able to squeeze out a few more hundred Mhz max so idk. HT does not cause stutter for me but it also didn't seem to help the min despite showing activity on multiple cores.

Curious what others think and/or are finding with this. Maybe should have it's own thread or I could hijack that dude's one re. stuttering. :)

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you can't use the parachute as soon as you eject/fall/drop. there are two parts to the animation, one where momentum is high and your arms/hands are up and you are out of control falling, you cannot deploy it then. after that your hands will lower into a regular falling animation, then you can deploy the chute.

one hit works fine, it just needs to be during the second animation. hitting it as soon as you eject/fall/drop will not work 90% of the time as the momentum puts you into the out of control fall.

4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Gotcha. I have noticed it doesn't work at high velocity, like when you exit a plane/heli that is careening sideways, I guess that's why.

Also, just played on a Grand Bazaar map with only 3 conquest points, A, B, and C. It felt incomplete.

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I shouldn't even need to dawn my suit and cape, you should realize you are posting something old that is no longer true, using your own words "in reality" you posted old footage that doesn't matter anymore.

And once again with my magical power..... it's a video game, not real life. You can thank me later.

Yeah I played an Operation Firestorm like that. I don't think I could play this game on consoles, the small maps would just kill it for me.

6. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    agreed, in BC2 you could easily jump off a small cliff/off a building and ur chute would almost always open up, whereas in BF3 it doesnt seem to work as well >_<

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    i still cant finish a match yay me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so anyone else getting this ? i just finished playing like 5 matches on cod bo and no lock ups wtf is up with bf3? is it origin or what??????????????????

8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    thirded.....My chute only seems to deploy only when im like 3 inches from leaving a red sticky mess on the floor. it comes up and i rise for 1inch as it slows me down and I literally 'bounce' off the floor then the chute dissapears and I take about 8-10% damage.

9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had any issues, but we got cards from different camps. Might be best to check the forums on battlelog and see if any other NV users have had that issue.

10. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    well it was running fine before the browser update and when my 2600k rig was working, it quit working right after playing bf3. i rebooted and it didnt work :shadedshu

so now going to order a asus gene-z cuz im poor and hope it didnt kill the cpu :mad:

i googled and seems alot have lock ups i tryed the repair instill and updated PB im just about had it cuz bf3 is a nice game but this isnt even cool :banghead:

i guess wife has some kind of powers cuz she said she wish i didnt have a comp that night 2600k rig went out :roll:

11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ok cool glad I'm not the only person who has killed himself this way! :)

12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Another problem i seem to be having with the game is shock paddles - They just dont seem to work half the time.

I see a team mate get hit and i do a dolpin dive and try to revive him. but im only he floor shocking him for like the 5th or 6th fucking time before he respawns and the same dude that killed him, comes and kills me while im still trying to revive him.

Shock paddles dont work if youre standing up.
    Shock paddles ONLY work and work randomly when youre crouched or prone.

Ive acutally raged 2 games because the shock paddles worked 1 in 10 times when i tried to revive team mates and it annoys me so bad

13. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I just played a round where the same two idiot teammates kept killing me because they can't figure out the blue triangle over my head means I'm a friendly.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I think once the skull disappears you cant revive after that.

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I and others are finding similar inconsistencies with knifing as well and not sure if by design (e.g. more difficult in the name of being more realistic and requiring more skill than BC2 as this game is supposed to generally) or if bugs.

16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I got to them before the skull dissapears - Im not that slow you know,

17. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a hillarious time playing sniper ninja commando co-op with TheMailMan last night. I wish I would of recorded it.

18. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I had next to no issues. Browser plugin update later, now I got random crashing and disconnects.

I heard about that situation and the total disregard for hostage safety.

19. jgrahl

jgrahl New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, i've been having similar problems since friday evening

20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  21. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im so glad you guys changed the server so a few people can practice in vehicles and such. Its given me the opportunity to help people learn the basics of flying jets and what not.

Good game Alex and REAYTH, you guys got the upgrades to get started and are getting better.

MT Alex says thanks.
  22. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it was really helpful, and I got my controller mostly the way I like it. I just wish the gun had a floating piper, and that I had more moves than just flying around in a huge circle until I find something:laugh:

23. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  24. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    What is the best FOV for 16:10 1920x1200?

27" screen.

Gaming on Mumble 2nite. all welcome

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  25. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    The PDW-R is the best Person Defense Weapon hands down. The extended mag brings the magazine up to 30+1 in the pipe. It is stable, decent stopping power fair accuracy up to mid-range, and shots very fast.

Second is the UMP-45, then MP7.

The P-90 shoots wild at full auto and has little stopping power. It is ok at close range and/or in closed corridors. Do not fire it on single shot mod as it will take 9 to 11 shots to kill someone. Plenty of time for them to move out of the way or kill you back.

The black camo is called Spec Ops Camouflage and it is at rank 42.