1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    We will not get to keep our stats, but we will get all those nice free unlocks, so it will not feel like you are completely starting over.

Is it just me or is the Thompson sadly not useful for anyone except Recon at mid-range?
  2. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    • Cant sidestep while running ????
    • You have to wait for entire server list to load berofe being able to click your favorite ...
    • Graphics are good ... but not awesome.
    • Some little shrub are bullet proof.
    • and more, and more.

well COD:MW2 is way better ... SRY !
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    As a general rule on this map tanks should stay back, with a competent driver at a distance you can take down any building with a crate within 5 - 6 shots. There is no point in going up to get C4'd, mined, tracer darted, hit with missles, hit with noobtubes, hit with grenades, hit with engineering repair guns (I've already destroyed a few enemy tanks with a repair gun). There 2 things in the game that 1 shot a tank and tanks at a distance take down crates very easily, if the driver is good, sadly most aren't. And the grenade one is also best from the distance, the helicopter won't be an issue with this if you have a good top gunner (which once again most are not :( )

There are just some bad games, and to set off that first set of crates with C4 is very easy, I have seen some absolute HORRIBLE teams blow those crates up, and thats easy because defense can't go up into the hills, so they get free snipers up there and a chance to live. But most of those teams never get down the 2nd set of crates, they just cant walk when people invade their spawn, they required a buffer zone, and thats when I laugh. But yeah, if your teams that bad, I would just jump servers.

Nope, it's a beta, these stats are all for testing purposes (notice the locked out weapons). Wouldn't make a ton of sense to give us stats from some weapons that are worse than they should be and from others that or better, or from others that might not even be in the game.

Side sprint running isn't really needed, you cant fire while running so dont need to run sideways, sprint to your location then stop running. And I believe they are working on a cancel button, but if you found servers you like, use your history. The graphics are only medium textures, the high res texture come at release. I haven't seen bullet proof bushes, might want to report that, or check for a rock inside the bushes.

That should answer all your questions, now go troll elsewhere. :shadedshu
  4. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    Im not trolling. Im telling my experience of this game. The games isnt bad, but there are some things i dont like. Not being able to run/sidestep is really not OK at my eye. The bushes was only a bushes ... and i found few of these. Yes i can report these.

For the graphics. Why in the option its telling me im on HIGH settings ?

I kinda liked this game. But not enough. Ill see further on the Release.
  5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it's been stated and confirmed by DICE many times that there are no High graphics until release, the setting is a placebo. it's a 1.5GB install!!

run/sidestep is physically impossible!I understand you can do it in other games but it is not necessary, and it being your biggest problem is kind of ridiculous.
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  6. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    well this game isnt quake, that is for sure. you will rely more on teamwork and strategy than being able to run and jump out of the way of bullets. also, what is this you say about bushes?
  7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    he said there were bulletproof bushes. I haven't seen any, but I'm sure it's possible. report them and DICE will fix it :)
  8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, and you can't lean in MW2. Both have flaws. It's the way it is.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Like I said you can't fire your gun when running, so I'm not sure why running and side stepping is needed, especially when on a PC you can rotate in a 360 very easily. That is unless your playing it on console, if you are, fps is meant for PC and thats the whole issue.

I have about 20 hours of gameplay in so far and I haven't found and bullet proof bushes, also never found any in 58 hours of gameplay on the PS3 beta. But yeah if you found them I'm sure it's not intentional. And overall, this is a beta, it's for reporting bugs, like those bushes, the graphical settings aren't what matters, it's a beta so it's not the completely version of the game thats why high is not in it.

Everyone that I have pulled away from MW2 brainwashing to try this beta is loving it, especially since MW2 is so laggy without dedicated servers, and also actually having to lead your target, those are the big things I hear that they love.
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I did not know the graphics were stuck on medium textures. I do what I always do in games. I clicked advanced, put everything balls to the wall, and tested to see if I need to change anything and I didn't. If this is medium textures, then the foliage will be much better looking, that is good to know.

Also you can't stat pad with the Recon kit as their is no cheap way to get points for no reason. You have to actually have to do something to get points. You want to stat pad, get Assault and drop an ammo boxes by anyone shooting.

Wait? You guys can't dodge bullets?

Seriously, I checked the controls and notice something that 5 is suppose to change laser sight or something. Does anyone know what that actually does?
  11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    List is updated, tons of new people and Scrizz.... Your on the list twice, you asked a while ago to be added, then you just asked again and I didn't catch it till I uploaded it, I'm too lazy to change it right now, so your on there twice :p
  12. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    Ill see further on the release, but for now, im not enjoyed that much.

Really, not being able to run/strafe is harrassing me. I dont want to fire and run ...

To be continued .....
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I know you don't want to fire and run. What I am saying is, is why do you need to strafe and run? You cannot shoot when you run and with a mouse you could easily change to be running at the same angle as strafing and running. So why have strafing and running in, it's not needed.
  14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I'd hate to see how strafing would affect the bullet physics.

:eek:

:wtf:
  15. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Clearly you don't do much actual running in real life, because if you did you would know that you cant run sideways and forwards at the same time... IT DOESNT WORK
    digibucc says thanks.
  16. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    lol this is why i told him that this game is not quake!

too note, i think the MW2 and console crowd will not like this game because you need to rely more on strategy and teamwork than your ability to dodge bullets, jump, dive and run around like a common moron. /rant
    TheLaughingMan and ShRoOmAlIsTiC say thanks.
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Quake 3 took alot more skill than you give it credit for.
  18. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    i dont think he's referring to skill, rather realism
  19. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    yes
  20. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    I was a Senior Soccer player, and YES running sideway is POSSIBLE.....

Running sideway give you the ability to run while looking to the °45 side, giving you a chance to see if there is an ennemy in this angle. Im playing FPS for about 20yrs now ( started with Corridor. If you can remember this game, its before DOOM and way before DukeN ... ).

Running sideway is something i do ... OFTEN. I think its nearly the first game im playing that dont allow Running+Strafe at the same time. ( cant remember another game that dont )
  21. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    try running sideways with 50 pounds of gear on you... you can't. if you could, you would see real infantry men in the field using those tactics. you dont though...
  22. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    Your telling me that infantry men alwais look where the run and never look sideway while running ? I dont think so ;)
  23. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    what's your point?
  24. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    I have lots of friend taht are real infantry. I can tell you that they can run and look sideway... like i do .. and im sure your do.

Not being able to run/strafe at the same time make it impossible to watch your side while running. You need to look where you run.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  25. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Let me help with some knowledge. When you are running in one direction and looking in another, that is not strafing. That is running in one direction and looking in another. The definition of a strafe is when your entire body faces one direct, then you straddle to your right or left.

Some games allow players to do this straddle motion by turn the legs of the in game character and the legs run in that direct at full speed without the torso facing the same direction. That is the unrealistic BS we are talking about.

You are correct that you cannot run at full speed in Battlefield and move the head around to look in other directions. This is also true for , to my knowledge, every good FPS in history as it requires too many controls or a handicapped turning system like Tomb Failer.

In conclusion, what you think run/strafe is in real life and the BS you do in some games are two different things. This weakness is found in most games, not just this one. So please stop trying to agitate people with your foolish grip with a game you obvious set out not to like before playing. If that is your problem with the game, I feel very sorry for you.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010