1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    My aim with tanks is getting better, last night I shot down three helis in one round, just before I shot one down - which was moving, and at least 1km+ away :eek:

"gg Abrams snipers" I lol'd.

I haven't seen any cheaters that I know of, bragging or otherwise. I think they only hang around unattended servers mostly, which my clan's two aren't.
  2. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    It's hard to spot aimbotters, 'cause fraying bullets in BC2 don't work really well.
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I was playing on a Rush server out of Chicago, tonight, and three different ding-dongs got booted for aimbots in the same round.
  4. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Tank combat is my forte in the game. I love ambushing enemy tanks as they drive past without them ever knowing.
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Anybody got any tips for using the tank reticule markings for aiming on targets esp in distance? I assume it is similar using those on infantry weapon scopes such as is covered in the video below (specifically taking out helis using the Carl G sans missile lock). And actually I wanted to post that video anyway cause while it has been helpful I still don't completely get it. No real experience with guns IRL either so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yCzpBffbok

The "reticle" wiki page helps too but I could benefit from a discussion definitely. Hell, perhaps this is a worthy of a separate thread?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reticle
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    So do they ban them from all servers when they get caught ? I have a hard enough time trying to bring up my K/D ratio with out playing against cheaters. If you go on a PB server will that insure your not playing against them ?
  7. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    PB bans are global and if they get PB banned (assuming the server has the latest list) they will not be allowed to join whatsoever. i played on a non ranked server last night and all but 1 person was hacking. i'd avoid non ranked servers at all costs.
  8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It would be nice if PB reported their IP to EA so they would get 86ed ASAP. It's fun to talk in anacronyms.:)
  9. Pickles24

Pickles24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I play the lowest local ping servers(to me it's Atlanta/Dallas).. You can't play 5 minutes without somebody getting booted for Aimbot. It's like baseball, I wonder what my stats would be if everyone was playing fair.
  10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    it wont happen because then EA has to deal with customers whining MY ACCOUNT GOT HACKED AND YOU BANNED ME, GIMME A REFUND

right now, hackers whine to EA who tell them to deal with PB who tell them to deal with EA...
  11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I's loving the update..no longer have to pick my loadout each round, and it's lovely to see so many people get kicked for using hacks...played about 5 hours yesterday, and I'm about to hop back in for at least another couple!

new server browser works great for me too!
  12. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Except the hardcore filter that doesn't filter hardcore, but a punch of settings :(

Wondered why my favorite servers didn't show up when I disabled hardcore servers in search (they have kill cam off):
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ny-2-pc/1055379-why-do-servers-become-hc.html

That fixed it would be pretty great. Searching PB, not full or empty in Europe and sorting with amount of players = game in minute, instead of old style of empty server or 10 minutes search.
    cadaveca says thanks.
  13. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i have some time around 2:30pm eastern to play if you guys want. can we play on the virginia server? i would like to test out the mysql integration. i have a gurdian database setup on my mysql server and i think it could be used for not only tracking ban evaders, but also player stats on the server.
  14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Crap..is that what's going on? :laugh:

ER, do you think you could post just before then? I'll hop in when I see your post...today is pure gaming for me...I love sundays!:laugh:
  15. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    i like the new update.
    My weapons actually kill ppl
    :D
  16. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    let's do it
  17. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    In like Flynn. Had to search for the servers again...FYI to those that see it greyed out.
  18. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    yay loving this updat because I F*CKING LOST ALL MY STATS. WORST UPDATE EVER< AND SINCE I HAVE UPDATED I CAN ONLY JOIN ABOUT 10 SERVERS BECAUSE THE OTHERS WONT LET ME. I HAVE PB RUNNING AND UP TO DATE BUT THEY KEEP SAYING I HAVENT GOT ANY PUNKBUSTER! WORST UPDATE EVER. SCREW EA AND DICE!

lol sorry fixed now sorry sorry for the yelling:(:O. i just felt:cry::banghead:

BUT THEy WONT SAVE MY PROGRESS/KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know a punkbuster fix?
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    What is it that you want to know man?

See my sig. And dont forget to toss me a thanks. I'm trying to get that thread into a sticky ;)
  20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I see people talking about amazing tank shots, and I really got to share my best. It was on the desert map with the helis, I was RUS just leaving the exit of the base. I see the US chopper flying just on the RUS side of the UAV in the ship. The chopper was flying low, and headed to the left, flying low enough that when he headed left the small town at A the buildings hid the chopper. I lined my cannon wayp up and led him by about half a towns length, took my shot so it would crest the building tops barely, then took off driving figured it was never going to happen. A few hundred feet later I get a vehicle destruction and 2 kills..... wish I had fraps running, thats a shot from half the map with no line of sight on a movie target with a tank, that'll never happen for me again :(
  21. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There seems to be a lot of people having issues with PB. Thread stickied.
    Thanks MM
    TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I want to know how to use the markings on the reticle to aim properly.
  23. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Somewhat of a conundrum here…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice that both my M95 and M16 have the same # of kills. However, notice how many kills I need to reach my next gold star on the M95 versus the M16.

Riddle me that!
  24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh thats simple man. The farther away a target is the higher you aim is the simplistic answer.

Now if you want to get more in depth let me know and Ill make some graphs for you.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  25. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I don't think the mil dots work properly on the scope. Certainly not the horizontal one's since there isn't wind deviation but maybe someone who's used them could explain if they are accurate in the game.