1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    O I would never host for the mod again, I was running every anti hacking tool and custom scripts you can get your hands on and even then it was a waste.

Script kiddies no longer use scripts, they use tools that inject into the game making the useless punkbuster the only tool capable of detecting them (They were undetectable to admins as far as anything in the logs went, ESP/maphacks/spawning items is only detectable by a vigilant admin using 3rd party tools)... Punkbuster updated and worked for about a day before they hotfixed the hacks to be undetectable again.

I fear for the worst when it comes to the standalone, they let the mod become infested with the immature and now it's almost safe to say 75% of their expected standalone playerbase has or still does hack in the mod.

2. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    So true ShiBDiB about the mod,I have been playing on the 1992-93 Overclockers.net servers for the last 3 weeks and The admins have banned at least 300 or so since Friday.I am at a Love hate with it,Love the concept of the game looking for loot to survive..But HATE IT SO MUCH WHen a script kiddie goes invisible follows you then kills you .They have ones now where they can take zombies and animals.Had that happen last night on the 93 server,Had just gotten all my loot and was running back to Elektro to get some med supplies when out of no where two players playing as Zombies killed me.

The other thing that pisses me off the most is this,The admins and players that loot the cars, buses, atvs and hide them on the servers makes it less fun for the rest of us.I have had maybe 1 vehicle (that was a peddle bike which i got banned on CA1 server for stealing out of a loot hog camp)the last 3 months of playing.I sure hope the stand alone is better at getting loot hogs like that ,In the mod it should be 1 vehicle spawn every 20 mins or so.Also should be ounce you die you loose the loot so the rest of us can get a vehicle.

3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully they will be using VAC since they are working closely with steam on the distribution of the stand alone. He even mentions in some of his interviews that VAC is something he would like to implement.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well if the developer is smart they are tracking how they are doing it so the standalone wont be as bad.......at least that's what I am hoping for.

VAC would be good because it has real justice against hackers. Steam account banned.

5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Once of the worst parts of ARMA II's server engine is that it sends all the data to the player and then the player updates it and sends it back injecting whatever scripts it wants and the server executes. This is why they are having a tough time stopping it. Now with the injectable hook hack, it is being sent back to the server through another channel so all their hard work to fix the scripts have been trashed.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds fubar

7. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yep it is, I do not believe they realized how popular their multiplayer would be due to mods such as DayZ

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    hopefully they fix that with ArmA III (assuming it works in DayZ Standalone) or else all the work they have put into making it better will also fall to the script kiddies. I effin hate script kiddies. I wish they would go fuck with the consoles and leave us the hell alone.

9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I hear ARMA III is gonna be on the consoles too.

10. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    (don't know if you are trolling me but) that just might suck unless the consoles can keep up with it. (I doubt it) Talk is that DayZ may go to consoles.

11. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yea rocket mentioned that once the stand alone is completed he would like to talk to consoles about porting but the stand alone has to be finished first.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. HyperCriticality

HyperCriticality New Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally, I'd not really like it on consoles. They'd have to downscale view distance, because the current gen of consoles, and maybe even the next one is going to struggle with packing the computing power needed to run a game like the standalone.

Well, that's what people are saying :p

13. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    The new consoles will have more then enough power, they don't scale view distance, just graphics and resolution. The standalone won't be that hard to run. Normal dayz just run's horrible cause it is full of crap, and is optimised poorly.

14. HyperCriticality

Thanks Received:
    -raises hands in mock surrender-

Hey hey! That's just what a lot of the people are saying. They're saying it about Crysis 3, a few other games. It's hard to get enough of that computing power in a console that needs to be in the price range of a general consumer.

15. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    No. :banghead:

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not necessarily true. The view distance on Arma II/DayZ is enormous. I'm not sold on newer consoles drawing 7 miles out.

17. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    They should just to a sort of faded fog/field of view. Make it so you can still see further out, but it isn't rendered to the AA quality of closer things.

18. guitarfreaknation

guitarfreaknation

Thanks Received:
    I love DayZ, but I reinstalled OS and cant find my disc! :(

19. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    It's a mod of a steam game?

20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    He probably bought arma 2 retail

guitarfreaknation says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. HyperCriticality

Thanks Received:
    And also, with the new game updates, everything is going to be preloaded. Isn't that going to affect a consoles ability to handle the game?

22. guitarfreaknation

guitarfreaknation

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I was a bit skeptical when I was buying (I was pressured into getting it because of all my friends playing it :ohwell: ) So, like a true broke person went with just Arma 2 OA and downloaded Arma 2 Free from their website. I officially regret this decision. :banghead:

23. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    *Interesting NEWS!*

DayZ appears on Steam, just not the Standalone version

[​IMG]

If you were ever in any doubt as to how popular DayZ is, just look at the performance of Arma2: Combined Operations. Since the release of Dean Hall’s zombie survival mod, its parent game has stubbornly refused to drop from Steam’s Top 10. Now, with a standalone version on the way, Bohemia Interactive seem keen to tease out every last potential Arma2 sale. To that end, the DayZ mod has been added to Steam, providing a one-click install for Combined Ops owners present and future.

It’s not as flexible an alternative as DayZ Commander. That tool not only lets you patch both DayZ and Arma2 to their latest versions, but also install and update different maps and similar mods created by the community. Still, for those who like to take an extremely hands off approach to modding, a simple Steam download could be an attractive prospect.

This isn’t the first time Valve have welcomed a mod onto the Steam storefront. A few years ago, a whole selection were added for games like Half-Life 2 and Red Orchestra. For some reason, the practice fell out of favour, with the Steam Workshop taking up the baton instead. Maybe this, and the Greenlight success of projects like Black Mesa, are a sign that easy and visible mod installation is on the cards again.

SOURCE

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    *Interesting NEWS!* 2/22/2012

This week the format is a bit different, we got behind the scenes and follow Rocket and Matt as they visit the Mocap studio at Bohemia Interactive, and work with the team to develop the new zombie animations for DayZ Standalone.

Source

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    H82LUZ73 and Killer_Rubber_Ducky say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    They really need to add in PhysX 3 so the bodies fly back ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013