1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I do have a Q9450 and a GB EP45-DS4P mid/high end mobo. Just got to check the CPU to be sure it works proper still (i had a mishap that led to me buying the Core i5 system) and then she will have a good rig capable of gaming, just need a Gfx card and even for that im thinking the 6870 in my rig and get myself a HD 7850/70. but yes i wll buy Jadzia (my kid) her own copy of Diablo 3 eventually as she really likes the game. (she says it sure beats playing girl games on the internet)

If i cant get the q9450 to work proper, then I will just build her a IB/SB dual core rig (may even give her this z68 mobo and get myself a mid end z77 board)

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry man, had a good time playing with you and Haru.
    When fatigue get really bad I can't concentrate on even something simple like D3. :ohwell:

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you make it sound as though the drops are directly influenced, ie 15 copies of helm "xyz" on AH means less copies of "xyz" will drop until the number on ah lowers.

that is not the case.

all that they are saying is that when balancing the amount of drops they take into consideration the fact that these items can be found in other ways, without the time commitment that farming would require.
    that is an indirect influence and the alternative would be for them to ignore the auction house and trading when deciding how drops balance. that to me would make no sense.

4. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Star Trek?

EDIT: On topic: I started on my monk. So far she's kinda boring, but, I assume she'll get better around act III (like the wiz and DH).

Last edited: May 31, 2012
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  5. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Do you have any proof that is the case? From what I have read on the us.battle.net forums the influx of items or lack of items on the AH directly change drops and drop rates in game, real time.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5575468638

Now that is only one post, and of course there are a few people saying "it ain't so" but no clear answer. If you have a clear answer I would really like to know for sure. I want to know how much control over this micro-econ Blizz has, and I am betting it is very controlled.... It would be in Blizz's best interest to make sure things are selling and moving on the AH cause of the 15% transaction fee.

6. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    The RMAH isn't up and running yet, but it does look like a way to artifically inflate prices of rarer items. There are a lot of people who will fork over cash for items.

I won't, however. I still don't even trade items between characters and love the "hunt". lol

US server down at the moment for service patch.

7. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Right now 1M in gold costs $40. On these various sites...(That I hate) BUT it gives you an idea of what the econ is going to look like when the RMAH launches. Sorta. I expect gold prices to tank once more people are in inferno. It doesn't take long, maybe 1 hour, with lvl5 Valor to make 200K in Inf Act II. So eventually I bet Gold will be like $3 - $5 for 1 Million.

http://www.diabloiiigold.com/

So even though there isn't a RMAH, Gold still has a Real World value, although totally inflated right now.

I use the Auction House all the time. Flipping stuff, made a small fortune doing this...but it isn't that fun, and it is time consuming. I have basically traded all my % Find Magic items for % Find Gold so I can afford to buy and trade high level items.

8. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Yes sir, thats who she is named after Jadzia Dax from Deep Space 9 :D my almost 2 y.o. son is named Cobain

on topic: been farming Act I in hell mode to make some gold for upgrades to my monk. I found using a shield gives me a lil bit more armor and makes me die less :D I also made enough gold to unlock the 2nd tab and buy all the slots :p

razaron says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    My too. Dual wielding is cool but doesn't seem to scale well with damage vs. the protection and life gains of a good shield.

Servers now not back until 3:00PM CST (was 2PM).

10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I wonder when will end these server issues :)

11. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    i think early on i was trying to be a WoW fury warrior :confused: i knew Diablo was a different beast, but just wasn't sure how much. Im glad this clubhouse exists as it has been invaluable in helping me along with my characters :toast: :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I'm surprised they are having such huge server issues. I mean, they run the largest MMO on the planet, don't they know what to expect? Seems like they just didn't want to fork over the extra cash for enough servers/bandwidth until they knew the game would be successful.

13. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Simply incredible post. Read it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834615

Mussels, Ross211, digibucc and 5 others say thanks.
  14. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    The servers are down because they are installing a 1.0.2a patch, not bandwidth issues.
    I expect to see this pretty often as they have not gone live with either the RMAH or PVP.

15. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I'd just like to see a "Bad luck so far" stat. Haven't found a legendary yet in 80 hours played? okay, we'll give you a small buff to finding one!

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  16. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Didn't foudn either and I'm now 55 xD not that much yellow also.. a couple but not that much, but I,m getting alot of gems lol!

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Agree 100% with this. I completely stopped looking for magic drops and shifted towards gold. There is no reason to even look for items anymore. I can find the exact item I want on the AH, just need the gold to purchase it.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    just from actually reading the words they posted instead of misreading them, which is what everyone else on battle.net seems to be doing. read what bashiok actually said and it's in line with my post as well.

19. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I did reed it and I dun learnt to reed wen i waz yung.

There is no substantial proof one way or the other. You have ZERO insight to Auction House/Diablo 3 code base. There is no proof one way or the other, yet...

It just makes sense Blizz would do this to control the econ, to control their revenue stream. I also saw the posts about how difficult and time consuming this would be for Blizz to do...It did take them 10+ years to release the game, that seems like plenty of time to synch the 2 together.

So let me put on my tinfoil hat...

I love this post on that thread- "It's a conspiracy man! They just don't want you to know man! Blizzard works for Anonymous/The Illuminati and they just want to keep you subdued and passive playing their heavily regulated game so you don't bother going outside to see whats REALLY going on."

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  20. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    My kid playing D3 :D :D :D

314117_186736054786807_580055122_n.jpg

CrackerJack and Cold Storm say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  22. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  23. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Child labour is the best kind of labour.

digibucc and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I can totally agree - we are both taking a generally vague statement and giving what we believe is the most obvious interpretation of it. i wouldn't say for a second that Blizzard isn't capable/wouldn't do what you are suggesting - I am just saying the quoted statement by Bashiok if interpreted as is (without a tin-foil hat mindset) , in no way hints that they WILL do what you are suggesting.

I am talking about that specific statement, not what measures Blizzard is capable of, especially after becoming Blizzavision... if I were talking about the latter, i'd likely agree with you :)

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  25. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    What TS/Vent servers do you guys use for D3?