• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Did you know that TPU has a sister site devoted to games?

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Wow, ya no kidding, I have been around for a bit and never had a clue...

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
To give you something to get you going, here is a review that I started, but never finished due to work and the inability to get screen shots. I have a better one of Fallout 3 coming soon, I am currently refining and adding meat to the bones of the review.

Introduction​
Halo 3 is the conclusion to the massively popular Halo series. It once again puts you into the role of the Master Chief, a genetically enhanced super soldier that is bred for combat and built for war. The war for earth has begun and it's up to you to save it from the Covenant, a collective race of aliens that is bent on mankind's destruction. Use over 16 weapons, 3 grenades, and 7 vehicles to deal out punishment to all Covenant force that dare to stand in your path. When the first Halo came out, Bungie had a killer app and didn't even know it, when it launched with the Xbox in 2001, it was pretty much THE reason to buy an Xbox. It developed such a huge fan base that they had to make more games, whether they intended to or not. Halo: Combat Evolved was a tough act to follow, but Bungie promised that Halo 2 was going to be "The Best Game Ever", so we all waited till 2004 to see it released. Unfortunately, with the time and hardware constraints, they failed miserably, and came out with a game largely unchanged from the first, worse than that, they left you with a cliffhanger ending not long into the game. Now Bungie is back with the hardware constraints removed by the power of the Xbox 360 and they had plenty of time to make the game, so lets move on and see how they did.

[subheading]Back Story[/subheading]
Halo: Combat evolved tells the story of the Master Chief, an AI construct named Cortana, and the crew of the command ship "The Pillar of Autumn". The Covenant, then consisting of Hunters, Elites, Jackals, and Grunts, had attacked the planet Reach, a highly advanced research colony that was home to nearly 100 Spartan II's. The Pillar of Autumn made an emergency blind warp jump out of the system and wound up at a Covenant holy ring that they referred to as "Halo". The Pillar of Autumn's commander, Capitan Keys, crash landed his crippled cruiser on the ring and ordered the crew to abandon ship. The Covenant and Humans found clues that the ring world was actually a weapon and both sides sought to have it. Unfortunately for them, the weapon was a biological parasite called "The Flood" that was created by a long extinct race called the "Forerunners". The Flood spreads by infesting any living host, transforming them into horrible, mindless creatures with one thing in mind....escaping the ring world and destroying the universe. The Master Chief then sought to destroy the flood with the help of 343 Guilty Spark, the monitor of the installation. 343 Guilty Spark told the Chief that the ring was a weapon that was used to destroy the flood, what he did not tell him was the method of destruction, the only way to eliminate the Flood, was to destroy it's food source, any living thing in the galaxy. The Master Chief and Cortana devised and executed a plan to use the engines of The Pillar of Autumn to destroy the ring world. It worked to perfection, the installation was destroyed while the Chief escaped in a small starfighter.

In Halo 2 we rejoin the Master Chief as he defends Earth from the Covenant and we are introduced to the Brutes, a huge brutish race that has joined the Covenant, as well as the Arbiter, the Elite that failed defending Halo. Shamed and convicted of heresy, he made an oath to destroy the ones that destroyed Halo and now has one purpose, to kill the Chief. The story jumps back and forth between story lines because you play as both the Chief and the Arbiter. All in all, the Arbiter is trying to kill the Chief and the Chief is trying to stop the Covenant. The story takes you back to another Halo where the Prophet of Truth, the covenant's leader, primes all of the Halos for firing and the Arbiter delays it with the help of the human forces. The Elites rebelled against the Covenant when the Brutes took over as the primary protectors of the Prophets. The Chief on the other hand meets up face to face with Gravemind, the central brain behind the flood. He escapes, but had to leave Cortana behind. It ends for the Chief as he heads back to Earth to help stop the Covenant from destroying his home planet.

[subheading] Graphics[/subheading]
This is one of the better looking Xbox 360 games that I have seen to date. They did a spectacular job with the colors, which really helps the graphics to blend well, it's not bland like the last Halo's, or the highly acclaimed Gears of War. While the engine is showing age, they used tricks like color blending and bump mapping to keep it looking crisp and sharp. It's no where near next gen quality, but it's decent enough to be passable in todays gaming market. Bungie did do a stand up job making sure that the environment is as close to Earth as possible. The jungle looks like a jungle, it's thick and confusing, rather than an easy path, newer games like Crysis do it better, but it's still a nice addition from the barren landscapes that the previous Halos provided. It does have some Oblivion like vegetation "fade in", but that is to be expected with so many plants to render and not enough graphic power. The textures are very nicely done, even at closer distances and I rarely saw any jagged lines or blurred skins covering the rocks. Almost everything is bump mapped, so it has a certain depth to it that it refreshing. The enemies have been completely redone, adding much more detail to them as well as destructible armor and body parts. You can shoot the methane tanks right off from the grunts and watch them explode, which in turn sets off the grenades around him, it's a very nice touch to the game as well as a battlefield advantage. The Brutes' armor will pop off and fall to the ground when shot, revealing their flesh and allowing you to strike the mortal blow. The objects in the game are no longer fixed down, now if there is a concrete block, you simply bash it out of your way. The enemies use this to their advantage as well, if you are hiding behind a crate, they will knock the crate away to get at you. This is all brought to you by the highly acclaimed Havok physics engine.

The level design is top notch this time, in most places, there are at least two paths that you can take to give you the advantage. There are rivers and waterfalls that run through the jungle as well as the usual cliffs that mark the end of the map. It's still very linear, but not to the extent that you usually find in first person shooters, you can find alternate ways to deal with nearly every situation. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor environments to explore and each area is new, not a carbon copy of the last area. The lighting is MUCH better than the previous Halo's, the flashlight is actually needed at times and the shadowing is much more extensive. The trees and rocks cast canopy shadows down on you and the enemies have their own shadows that act realistically. It looks very good whether you are running on a 480I TV or a 1080I HDTV, but it obviously looks better in HD flavor. It usually runs at a solid 30FPS, but when the action gets thick, it can slow to a snail crawl. This is very noticeable in the last mission when I frequently saw near slide show frame rates, which was quite frustrating considering amount of control required to get past the last part of the game. One of the main marvels is how they got split screen co-op to run so smooth while not sacrificing quality, points to Bungie for this feat since co-op is one of the best parts of Halo.

[subheading]Sound[/subheading]

As always the sound and musical score is beyond impressive, I actually get cold chills at some of the music. They really took a lesson from the Call of Duty series for the battlefield sounds. The Brutes are constantly barking orders to the terrified grunts, the gunships are roaring in and dropping off the troops and the explosions of grenades completely immerses you into the game. Everything is exactly as you would imagine it if you were on a futuristic battlefield. Weapon sounds are pretty accurate and the alien weapon sounds are how you would imagine them, the frag grenades and rockets boom when they strike home. The music is always perfect for the mood and whats happening on screen. Bungie has their own orchestra performing the music, so it sounds like a movie soundtrack. It's fun to listen to your marines while in combat, some of their phrases will crack you up, one of my personal favorites that had me laughing is "You're headin for a spreadin", also notable is their reaction if you die. On thing that I really miss is that the cut scene dialog doesn't change with the difficulty anymore, that was something that I really enjoyed from the first two. All of this is begging to be heard on a 5.1 surround setup, but still manages to sound good on the single TV speaker of a cheap TV. It's hard to talk about sound, but Halo is among the top five for game audio.

[subheading]Gameplay[/subheading]

At it's core, Halo is a fairly bare bones shooter, if thats all it had going for it, it probably wouldn't be all that great. You can carry two weapons, or two dual wielded with one holstered, you have 4 types of grenades at your service and you can carry two of each. The Chief wears a powered armor suit that has a recharging shield unit on it. If you take damage, you simply duck behind cover and wait for them to recharge, this system is much like Call of Duty 2, Gears of war, or Crysis. Vehicles play a big part of the game too, you have quite a few to choose from and they are all easy to control. Your enemies and allies will also get in the drivers seat and they are quite skilled, so watch out. Halo veterans rejoice, the game play remains largely unchanged from the first two games, there are a few new additions, such as the deployable items, but nothing major has been changed. The controls are one down from a keyboard/mouse combination, the right thumb stick is used for aiming, while the left stick is used for moving. This combination works very well for the game, but it feels dumbed down from the last two which were very crisp and precise, I had to turn the sensitivity all the way up to get the type of response that I am used to. I do have to gripe about the changing of the reload button from X to RB, I cussed more times because I deployed my equipment when I meant to reload. Would it have been THAT hard to allow the user to map their own keys rather than the pre-mapped options that they supply? The aiming system is a problem, Bungie decided to add an auto aim feature that can REALLY mess you up at times due to it tracking an enemy. It's an annoyance that CAN be helpful to beginners, but should be disabled on the higher difficulties, because nine times out of ten, it gets in the way for an experienced player. Again would it have been that hard to make it an option?

The AI is MUCH better on this installment, the grunts are shockingly aggressive and use terrain advantages, like high ground and cover, they also flank your position and are generally a pain to deal with in large numbers. I have even seen them attach live grenades to themselves and make a suicide run at you when you can't retreat. The brutes juke and jive unlike any other AI that I have seen, I would actually prefer to go one on one in an open space with them, rather than in a jungle environment because they use cover so well. They issue orders very well and are to be respected, especially on the harder difficulties. The Brutes will also use deployable items like bubble shields if you have a sniping advantage, or have them wounded. You will see the occasional AI brain fart though, like when a brute will deploy a bubble shield, just to make a kamikaze charge at you. Thankfully, they are much less "Psychic" than before. The jackal snipers no longer know exactly where you are and wait for you to show yourself. Sniping is much easier since they don't move the second you get your sights of them. The flood have returned in this installment, but have been reworked. They aren't near as tough as they used to be, but they make up for that in sheer numbers. To make matters worse, if you kill them and the flug spores reach them, they will reanimate. You must melee them to pieces before moving on, or they will be after you again. Thankfully, they are much easier to kill and are no longer impervious to melee attacks. Much improved in this installment is the Marine AI and toughness. They are much better about finding cover and using tactics, such as flanking and mass grenade use, plus they can take quite a beating before dieing. They rarely rush in and get killed and and are genuinely useful, I actually enjoyed having them around, rather than them being an annoyance. Although they can take much more damage than before, they will still die pretty quickly when the difficulty gets ramped up to heroic or higher. A new addition to the series is the Arbiter, a shamed elite from the second game, he is your partner for most of the missions and is quite useful. He is nearly indestructible and if he dies, he respawns when the area is clear, much like in the co-op game. Be warned that if you put the difficulty on Legendary, he is dies very quickly because of an AI flaw, once he runs out of ammunition, he charges with an energy sword and usually gets killed in a microsecond. It's sad to see this type of behavior since the rest of the NPC AI is excellent.

Co-op remains nearly unchanged, except that instead of two Spartans, you have the Chief and Arbiter playing. Something that has returned from the first Halo is no penalty deaths. If one dies while the other lives, you will respawn without reloading to the last checkpoint. Some dislike this feature and others love it. I for one love it, it makes the game playable again, so you aren't relying on your friend not to die. They should have made it an option that can be turned off, but it's not that big of a deal.

[subheading]Story[/subheading]
The story is one of the main things that Halo has going for it. It shows you an impossible situation and give you a character thats good enough to get out of that situation. It's an uphill battle that began in the first one and "finishes" in this one, it's a rare shooter that requires a story and they deliver it with cinema quality perfection. If you are a fan of the games, then you have probably read all of the back story that has been offered in the books and they all blend together perfectly to create a complete story. f not, then you need to go get the first two games as well as the books, it's well worth it to learn the story of the game. In my opinion, Halo is the best story since Star Wars, only with Halo, you get to play the story and be the character, rather than just watching it happen.

Hal 3 picks up with the Chief returning to Earth and with the help of the Arbiter, he must stop the Prophet of Truth from finding an ancient Forerunner artifact called the Ark, which is extremely valuable to the Covenant, because it's the firing station for the remaining Halos. The focus of the story is primarily around the Chief, rather than the split story of Halo 2, but there are a few cases when the Arbiter comes into play. I can't tell you much without it being a spoiler, but it pans out nicely.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Some homemade pc games on the site would be awesome.

@JC who is Ryan?

Also, I apologize for not being to Gamepowerup recently. I need to go back and visit.

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Some homemade pc games on the site would be awesome.

@JC who is Ryan?

Also, I apologize for not being to Gamepowerup recently. I need to go back and visit.

Ah, need to remove that now that my avatar changed. Ryan was my rottweiler, one that was part of the family. He died on July 4th of this year from heartworms. I used to have him as my avatar.

System Name In the works
Processor 4670k
Motherboard ASUS Z87
Cooling 5x120mm
Memory 8GB Sniper Gskill 1833
Video Card(s) MSI 970 Gaming
Storage 2x 240gb SSD's + 1TB seagate
Display(s) 27" Acer 1920x1080
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply OCZ Power 600W Modular
Keyboard Corsait K70 with red switches
Software Win10
You learned me somehting new today

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Well I made a crappy sig pic using the GPU! logo banner, I only have Paint.net and had about 10 minutes to mess around with few options so please bear with me, but hell it's linked and maybe I'll get creative enough to come up with a decent one! Good advertising never hurt! Hell I use my old GPU! Coming Soon avatar from here over at GPU! Forums still! That thing is ancient!

GPU! Forums are buzzing a lot more lately, still need more news, but the activity is a lot better, if you feel like helping out please sign up over there and start posting ideas! Show your support for GamePowerUP!

:toast:

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
no user reviews. its impossible to guarantee certain levels of quality for them. i think, especially in those early stages, everybody is welcome to join as reviewer and see if its something he wants to do and enjoys

games forum here going to gpu and hardware forum at gpu going to tpu seems like a good idea.

the registrations between both forums will be seperate, no idea yet how to resolve conflicts regarding stolen names.

there is no promotion yet for gpu since it's not launched yet

this very good idea to develop game reviews, develop any sub forms mean develop the main site and i wish see al tpu sub forms like this , but it is better the registrations the registrations between both forums will be not separate , to be still under one site which tpu (techpowerup the latest hardware and gaming ) , not just like tomshardware cuz this way decrease the number of posts in each site , just i remember before in tomshardware im post only on main site and forget the others cuz im not want use three account's , but when i join to tpu i see different here cuz ( nothing like tpu by design forms ) really simple and very quick switching between sub forums and i hope still like this not complex to make sure anyone can join in and can post in any sub forms he want , with one account he have complete reviews ,news and knowledge , also still old members can watching ,posting and helping cuz i see old members have more knowledge in more than sub forums and that's mean there is no confusing and keep eye on every sub forum , this is just my opinion no more

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000 and nVidia GT630M
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Software Windows 8 x64 Enterprise N
Nice to hear about the GAMEPOWERUP, do i need to register there or i can use my TPU user name and pass???

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Nice to hear about the GAMEPOWERUP, do i need to register there or i can use my TPU user name and pass???

It's a separate site, so you need to register your name and password there.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Yep as JC stated, you gotta register over there since it's a seperate forum. I thought it'd be a pain at first, but really it was really not an issue for me, since both forums have me logged in, switching between them is cake, and really with tabbed browsing, I always have one of each open.

So far GPU! has been buzzing a lot more lately! We have some good ideas and suggetsions so far, but I'd like to see more of you over there, what do you want from it? What would you like to see changed? There is a threat in the General Mayhem section just for that!

http://www.gamepowerup.com/forums

:toast:

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
I sign up there a while ago.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Going to start going there more.:)

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
I don't understand - then why isn't this part of the forum closed and members re-directed there?

The way it is now one sees a lot more people viewing this games forum rather than that on the other site, and inevitably make their posts here.

:confused:

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
What I meant about user reviews is that GPU would have their "official review" of the game and people could follow up with their own review of the game in the same manner. Have GPU score and have the user score average with it. This way people can tell about the ups and downs of a game based on their hardware and the scalability of the game. For instance I would love to know how well Far Cry 2 runs on my 939 socket X2 4200 stock. Since not many people review games on such "old" hardware someone on the forum may.

Hell you could even do a review of the newest games on OLD hardware. That would differently be something no one does. Not everyone has the latest of everything. Think about doing a small review on UT3 using an AGP card. If the old stuff runs it well then the new stuff should too. Honestly I could care less what a spider platform gets in crossfire in a game. I mean how many people actually have that kind of setup. Its not the norm.

I'm definitely with you on that one, however, that could just be a simple sub-forum where people submit their review(s), tutorial(s), walk-through(s) and then W1zz or whoever could then decide, depending on the quality, if it deserves a front page mention or something more.

Definitely keen on that idea though, nobody caters for the old school gamers/enthusiasts and that is something I'm very much apart of and will be for a long, long time.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
You can sign up to be a game reviewer. You then will get access to a work in progress forum where the reviews are critiqued.

If you are interested use the "Contact Us" link on GamePowerUp.

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
That's good to know - I'll see what I can muster up if I have the time.