1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Android users clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by crazy pyro, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    The official flip case to the moto g has some magnet issue, it messes up the internal compass.

@Hugis: it went live (OTA) on my device (XT033 dual sim version) but xda forums for the moto G has the info as well.

@Kitkat update: after using for several days, it seems that the previous 4.3 JB is more stable.

2. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    and there goes Nokia's first Android Line, the X series

3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    still it look utterly crappy ... the interface is ... urk ...basically a Asha with android and a custom Launcher8

4. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    samsung really messed up the 4.3 OFW for the SIII, VERY laggy and slow although its fine for the note II o_O

disregarding KNOX (which didn't show up for us and we don't care about warranty anyway) since the 4.3 they made a v2 EFS partition which apparently messes up the modem if you try to downgrade "to 4.1.2 for example" which we discovered the hard way when my brother updated his phone ,if you want to run your SIII normally again luckily there is a v2 patch to fix the modem in case of downgrading to 4.1.2 which we did successfully .

honestly i don't think i can return to a samsung rom even if they released 4.4 for SIII, which i already have via CM11 "though i'd love a stable build :rolleyes:"

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    4.4 kitkat for galaxy S4 just came out in germany, first official release (not a leak) so far.

6. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    yeah i read the news over at sammobile that samsung USA first released for note 3-S4 few days ago and several phones-tabs were listed that would get the update.
    4.3 just reached the middle east a week ago, wonder how long kitkat would take :roll:

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    oh, that whole EFSV2 crap is tied in with knox and the new bootloader. thats my problem with it all.

custom 4.3 roms are insane on the S3, speedy and light :D

8. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    So i hear Galaxy S4.1 is announced

er...i mean Galaxy S5 '__'

Doc41 and Mussels say thanks.
  9. Mussels

Thanks Received:

yeah a waterproofed, higher clocked S4 with a new camera.

i wouldnt mind it as a replacement to what i have, but its not worth upgrading from an S4 (s3 users otoh, definitely worth it)

10. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Well now my tablet is getting fun... just found d***it.... does fun stuff!

11. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    and so far it aint impress me much, too bad

12. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
  13. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Finally tried cyanogen mod after everyone kept talking about how it's perfect and the best rom ever. I felt it was just okay. I got worse batterylife with it, and some features that I loved from touchwiz were not there. I decided to just go back to my heavily modded version of touchwiz

14. Mussels

Thanks Received:

CM is great for abandoned phones - its a 'pure' version of android with no carrier bloat, often updated for years after a phone is abandonded.

for example: galaxy S1 stopped at 2.3.6, CM lets me get 4.4.2

for my high end stuff i never, ever use it. missing features like MHL in some roms just break it.

15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    For no reason i went on a benchmarking spree on my android phones and tablets. listed in order of SPEEEEEEEED.

used Antutu X - the 'cheat free' version.

Galaxy S1: 5,032 (stock)
    Galaxy Tab 1 7.0 5,432 (Overclocked)
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 9,359 (stock for now)
    Galaxy S2: 10,784 (stock)
    Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 17,939 (Overclocked massively, CPU and GPU)
    Galaxy S3: 17,976 (stock - can break 20K OC'd)
    Galaxy S4: 28,709 (stock - can pass 30k overclocked)

interesting is the tab 3 8.0 vs S3 - the S3 is quad core vs dual, but the architecture of the tab 3 is just faster overall per clock.

16. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    personally im not impressed by S5 design, the front is ok but the back, not looks like flagship phone
    too bad samsung

17. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:

samsung always mess up their firmware ...

well with antutu X my SIII (resold :cry:) broke the 20k with a standard 1.6ghz oc (i think i also posted some result here, and my Xperia Play does 6580-7890 ... and it doesn't feel worse than the SIII with the app i use ... (and i don't use low demanding app ...) processing power in a phone? smokescreen? a Snap S2+Adreno 205 is enough for PPSSPP and FPSE or Dead Trigger ...

all i demande is a 4.4 for it :D since its the perfect device for KK or KK is perfect for that device ... aahhh whatever.

Doc41 says thanks.
  18. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    South Korea rules smartphone users can delete Android bloatware

In a move that we can only hope inspires other mobile regulators, the South Korean government has struck a major blow against Android bloatware. Yonhap News reports that Korea's Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MISP) is bringing the hammer down on preinstalled Android apps, introducing new guidelines that will enable users to delete them. Carriers won't be forced to make apps related to WiFi, user settings, NFC or an app store removable, but even with core services excluded, it puts almost 60 apps installed by the country's three biggest providers at risk. Samsung and LG won't escape the judgment either, with more than half of their 40 default apps facing a less-than-certain future.

The ministry said preinstalled apps are an "inconvenience" to users and cause "unfair competition" between operators and carriers, so it asked them to offer detailed information to users on how much storage their preinstalled apps take up. It also intends to apply the same rules to Google's suite of apps and services, which includes Gmail and Hangouts, although the regulator is still in talks with the search giant. Samsung, LG, SK Telecom and others have until April before the rules come into effect, which could mean Korean users will be able to tweak apps installed on their new Galaxy S 5, should the device launch in the coming months.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/24/south-korea-delete-preinstalled-android-apps/

19. camoxiong

camoxiong

Thanks Received:
    my samsung galaxy s2 d710 won't turn on due to wrong pit files. anyone know how to fix a pit file issue? PM me.

20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    reflash a stock rom with odin. pit files are partition tables, so as long as your stock rom includes that (most do) you'll be fine.

you can probaby get them from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (register and log in)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  21. camoxiong

camoxiong

Thanks Received:
    I can't turn on my phone. every time i tried to turn on my phone, no booting only the blue indicator light comes on

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    download mode, ODIN.

23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    Doc41 says thanks.
  24. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    *cringe*
    Great job on those phones :respect:, though if people had a simple cover like this they wouldn't break screens, mine even survived falling on concrete with it
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah, i prefer like that than using flip cover, flip cover its too much for phone