• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help choosing motherboard and features

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name To be ALL IN ONE MACHINE. but not yet
Processor i7 3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z&&-V Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow
Memory Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 8GB *4 = 32GB
Storage Samsung pro 840 256GB, Segate 3TB and 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" Full HD LED
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Power Supply Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 850 Watts
Software Windows 7 ulimate 64bit
My other question is:-
What is difference between a board having two on board Gigabit LAN ports and a motherboard having one Gigabit LAN port and one PCI connected LAN port??::confused::confused:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
My other question is:-
What is difference between a board having two on board Gigabit LAN ports and a motherboard having one Gigabit LAN port and one PCI connected LAN port??::confused::confused:

Gigabit Ethernet will saturate the PCI bus, you most likely won't see more than 45MB/s off the PCI bus if that's the only device on it. When you have a board with dual LAN integrated, it's usually connected to the board using PCI-E, so with a good controller you should be able to realize almost 130-140MB/s with a good switch.

There is no con to having two ports on the motherboard (with the exception that it adds another component to the motherboard, which isn't exactly a con.) It's just as good as using a PCI-E 1x gigabit card with a board that only has 1 port built-in.

Personally I would opt for two integrated ports so I could keep expansion possibilities open. Versus PCI, it's a no brainer, but versus PCI-E it is up to you. More often than not, people don't need two ports though unless you're planning on making a bridge, running a gateway, or doing some development between two networks locally both with access to the internet on different IPs (I did this at work once when I tested our SAML 2.0 IDP at work that I wrote before we rolled it out for everyone.)

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Gigabit Ethernet will saturate the PCI bus, you most likely won't see more than 45MB/s off the PCI bus if that's the only device on it. When you have a board with dual LAN integrated, it's usually connected to the board using PCI-E, so with a good controller you should be able to realize almost 130-140MB/s with a good switch.

There is no con to having two ports on the motherboard (with the exception that it adds another component to the motherboard, which isn't exactly a con.) It's just as good as using a PCI-E 1x gigabit card with a board that only has 1 port built-in.

Personally I would opt for two integrated ports so I could keep expansion possibilities open. Versus PCI, it's a no brainer, but versus PCI-E it is up to you. More often than not, people don't need two ports though unless you're planning on making a bridge, running a gateway, or doing some development between two networks locally both with access to the internet on different IPs (I did this at work once when I tested our SAML 2.0 IDP at work that I wrote before we rolled it out for everyone.)

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:
informative really.

Ohh then should I gor for Asrock Z77 Extreme9
All-Powerful Z77 Motherboard! Provides 4-Way SLI, 12 Ports of USB3.0 and 2T2R WiFi

as none of Asus Maximus V Series has dual LAN PORT?

whose better among this two ? please reply guys.

Hello you all wonderful people,

I do thanks for updating my knowledge.

So after doing a lot out of reading and surfing and youtubing, I have made my decision, so my motherboard would be:-
Code:
GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7

I guess it is better than all the Z77 motherboards in market currently.
It has dual Gigabite LAN port as well.

BUT JUST TELL ME ONE THING:-
Does GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 supports Intel HD Graphics, InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology??:confused::confused::confused:

Would you please forward me to the link where it says this thing that it supports it.:respect::respect::respect:

many likings to you all.
Please reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Hello you all wonderful people,

I do thanks for updating my knowledge.

So after doing a lot out of reading and surfing and youtubing, I have made my decision, so my motherboard would be:-
Code:
GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7

I guess it is better than all the Z77 motherboards in market currently.
It has dual Gigabite LAN port as well.

BUT JUST TELL ME ONE THING:-
Does GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 supports Intel HD Graphics, InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology??:confused::confused::confused:

Would you please forward me to the link where it says this thing that it supports it.:respect::respect::respect:

many likings to you all.
Please reply

Yes, this information is readily available on the product page. Enjoy your new motherboard.

Last edited:
Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Ohh nooo, What is this ?
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard has some of the best future as Intel Widi/Intel wifi:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

so my new query is what difference between Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard having Intel wifi onboard and GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 having wifi ???:ohwell::ohwell:

I really want to know this?

unfortunately Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI supports Intel H77 Express chipset.

Does it mean that Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard will stream 1080P HD videos from PC to Mobile/Tablets/LED TVs wirelessly so smoothly than GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 ?:confused::confused::confused:

Does any other board has this intel wifi functionality?

Last edited:

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Ohh nooo, What is this ?
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard has some of the best future as Intel Widi/Intel wifi:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

so my new query is what difference between Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard having Intel wifi onboard and GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 having wifi ???:ohwell::ohwell:

I really want to know this?

unfortunately Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI supports Intel H77 Express chipset.

Does it mean that Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard will stream 1080P HD videos from PC to Mobile/Tablets/LED TVs wirelessly so smoothly than GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 ?:confused::confused::confused:

Does any other board has this intel wifi functionality?

If you don't plan on doing overclocking and tweaking theres not much of a reason to get a board with the z77 chipset. Honestly for what you want to do, the UP7 is so overkill, you wont use half of features it has. Just get the H77 Wifi board if you need wi fi features.

All together, what is your overall goal in this system? Do you have any parts for it yet, or are you still figuring that out?

EDIT: Also that Gigabyte WIFI board may not be what you want, as it is a mini ITX board, doesn't have much expansion options for the future. Just buy any board that supports your CPU you want to get, and has the ability to do wifi either from integrated on board solution or provided expansion card.

Last edited:
Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
If you don't plan on doing overclocking and tweaking theres not much of a reason to get a board with the z77 chipset. Honestly for what you want to do, the UP7 is so overkill, you wont use half of features it has. Just get the H77 Wifi board if you need wi fi features.

All together, what is your overall goal in this system? Do you have any parts for it yet, or are you still figuring that out?

EDIT: Also that Gigabyte WIFI board may not be what you want, as it is a mini ITX board, doesn't have much expansion options for the future. Just buy any board that supports your CPU you want to get, and has the ability to do wifi either from integrated on board solution or provided expansion card.
Yes, my aim is to buy motherboard on which I can connect:
1.A TV Tuner card
2.Asus Xonar Sound Card
3. Graphics card
4.and the one which has on board wifi and
5.dual Gigabit LAN port

but I can see that UD7 has only two PCI-e slot , out of which one would be used for wifi card. even extreme doesnot have two pci-e slot

YES I AM SERIOUS ABOUT BUILDING MY RIG, TILL NOW I HAVE purchased only Antec lanboy air cabinet yellow one,

Is there any board which can satisfy all my above 5 needs?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Any reason for needing the dual LAN port? One thing I make sure of is that whatever motherboard I buy it has to have an Intel NIC on it. They just work.

Also, are the sound card and TV tuner cards you have/are getting PCI-E?

If you have no reason to have a dual LAN port, get the Maximus V Formula. It has all the PCI-E slots you need, Intel NIC, and it has it's own miniPCI-e WiFi card. It also has some of the best onboard sound I've ever used.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Any reason for needing the dual LAN port? One thing I make sure of is that whatever motherboard I buy it has to have an Intel NIC on it. They just work.

If you have no reason to have a dual LAN port, get the Maximus V Formula. It has all the PCI-E slots you need, Intel NIC, and it has it's own miniPCI-e WiFi card. It also has some of the best onboard sound I've ever used.

if he is running vm it is good to have 2 nics. second one only for the guests. where the first is for the main host rig. depends on how many vm you run at one time though.

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:thanks best info , I just read it. yes I need 2 LAN port for VMs.

But you all just tell me one THING that WHY CANT A SINGLE MOTHERBOARD HAS-
-ON BOARD SOUND AS ASUS
-3 PCI-E SLOTS
-4 PCI SLOTS
-ONBOARD WIFI
-MSTATA DRIVE
-DUAL GIGABITE LAN PORT
all on same motherboard.

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard
What you people this about this board ? does it have mstata port?

please reply

if he is running vm it is good to have 2 nics. second one only for the guests. where the first is for the main host rig. depends on how many vm you run at one time though.
yeah please reply on my latest question about asus deluxe

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Instead of tripe posting and bumping your thread repeatedly before the 24 hour mark. Use the edit button.

Looking at the board, looks like it does not have a mSATA port. Why do you need one?

mSATA ports are typically used in laptops, to use the very small SSDs. I do not think desktop motherboards have them.

And if you are wondering if the deluxe as eSATA ports. There are 2 at the back I/O

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:thanks best info , I just read it. yes I need 2 LAN port for VMs.

But you all just tell me one THING that WHY CANT A SINGLE MOTHERBOARD HAS-
-ON BOARD SOUND AS ASUS
-3 PCI-E SLOTS
-4 PCI SLOTS

-ONBOARD WIFI
-MSTATA DRIVE
-DUAL GIGABITE LAN PORT
all on same motherboard.

And to answer this. That is too much to fit on a single motherboard. PCI slots are being phased out, since that is a very old interface. More and more boards will release with maybe 1 PCI slot, and more then likely none, and will only have PCIe x16 and x1 slots, maybe an x4 slot thrown in there. But you can run a PCIe x1 expansion card in a PCIe x16 slot anyways so.

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1

Not really, it depends on how much bandwidth each VM uses, because if they're not doing a whole lot with anything other than the internet or with each other, you should be fine with bridging the one connection. If you're going to be accessing VMs from the host or between other VMs, you want to use a virtual host-only network instead.

The use cases for needing two Ethernet ports are pretty specific and running VMs alone is no reason to need two Ethernet ports imho. Even at work we have a server is 32Gb of ram that is packed full of VMs and it only needs one Ethernet port to work well.

The only other time I've needed two Ethernet ports for anything other than connection bridging or for a gateway was to give myself a different external IP as the local network but allowing me to stay on the local network. (One adapter directly outside with one IP address, plus the second adapter for access to the servers internally.)

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Not really, it depends on how much bandwidth each VM uses, because if they're not doing a whole lot with anything other than the internet or with each other, you should be fine with bridging the one connection. If you're going to be accessing VMs from the host or between other VMs, you want to use a virtual host-only network instead.

The use cases for needing two Ethernet ports are pretty specific and running VMs alone is no reason to need two Ethernet ports imho. Even at work we have a server is 32Gb of ram that is packed full of VMs and it only needs one Ethernet port to work well.

The only other time I've needed two Ethernet ports for anything other than connection bridging or for a gateway was to give myself a different external IP as the local network but allowing me to stay on the local network. (One adapter directly outside with one IP address, plus the second adapter for access to the servers internally.)

You are probably right. :toast:

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::respect::respect:

I really thank all you guys,
You are enhancing my knowledge.
So after doing all research, even I had decided to buy Gigabyte Z77X -UP7 but as it has only 2 PCI-E slot X1 so I am going back to Asus V Formula It has 3 PCI -E slot.

I want to make my this PC really an Entertainment PC as well as the one which can run atleast 8 VMs parallelly.
I am going to install
-Asus Xonar sound card
-HD Tv tuner card
-Graphic card
at all at same time.

I have some question , I REALLY NED THEIR ANSWERS:-
-Can you install Intel Gigabit LAN card through one of my PCI slot? (because I need two LAN ports on my machine)Can it be as faster as that of onboard of V formula ?:confused::confused:

-Is it like Sound card or Tv Tuner card installed on PCI-E slot will perform much better than that of installed on PCI slot?(as PCI-E slot transfers data much faster than PCI slot):confused::confused::confused:

Please answer my questions guys, I am waiting for these ones.

Thanks,
:rockout:

Instead of tripe posting and bumping your thread repeatedly before the 24 hour mark. Use the edit button.

Looking at the board, looks like it does not have a mSATA port. Why do you need one?

mSATA ports are typically used in laptops, to use the very small SSDs. I do not think desktop motherboards have them.

And if you are wondering if the deluxe as eSATA ports. There are 2 at the back I/O

http://img.techpowerup.org/130520/asusz77deluxe.png

And to answer this. That is too much to fit on a single motherboard. PCI slots are being phased out, since that is a very old interface. More and more boards will release with maybe 1 PCI slot, and more then likely none, and will only have PCIe x16 and x1 slots, maybe an x4 slot thrown in there. But you can run a PCIe x1 expansion card in a PCIe x16 slot anyways so.

Code:
But you can run a PCIe x1 expansion card in a PCIe x16 slot anyways so.
Ohh really is it true? I didn't know that.

and yes one corection not 4 PCI slot but 4 PCIe x16 slot.:p

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I really thank all you guys,
You are enhancing my knowledge.
So after doing all research, even I had decided to buy Gigabyte Z77X -UP7 but as it has only 2 PCI-E slot X1 so I am going back to Asus V Formula It has 3 PCI -E slot.

I want to make my this PC really an Entertainment PC as well as the one which can run atleast 8 VMs parallelly.
I am going to install
-Asus Xonar sound card
-HD Tv tuner card
-Graphic card
at all at same time.

I have some question , I REALLY NED THEIR ANSWERS:-
-Can you install Intel Gigabit LAN card through one of my PCI slot? (because I need two LAN ports on my machine)Can it be as faster as that of onboard of V formula ?:confused::confused:

-Is it like Sound card or Tv Tuner card installed on PCI-E slot will perform much better than that of installed on PCI slot?(as PCI-E slot transfers data much faster than PCI slot):confused::confused::confused:

Please answer my questions guys, I am waiting for these ones.

Thanks,
:rockout:

PCI is being phased out slowly. Whatever you get, it should be PCI-E.

Yes you can install another LAN port in a PCI or PCI-E slot and it will be about the same speed as your onboard. Of course, it also depends on how fast your internet is to begin with. I don't see any reason for the Asus Xonar, since you're getting a motherboard with good sound already.

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
PCI is being phased out slowly. Whatever you get, it should be PCI-E.

Yes you can install another LAN port in a PCI or PCI-E slot and it will be about the same speed as your onboard. Of course, it also depends on how fast your internet is to begin with. I don't see any reason for the Asus Xonar, since you're getting a motherboard with good sound already.
:respect::respect::respect:

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
michael - please stop double and triple posting. Use the Edit, Multi-Quote and Quote features.
Posts merged

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
:respect::respect::respect:Which mstata drive fit into the combo-wifi kit provided with Asus Maximus V Formula ?
After looking some mstata hard disk, I guess they can't fit into that combo kit.
Please advice.

Please reply:respect::respect:

What is this connector used for ?
Can I watch my TV on my PC ?

Attachments

• fr.JPG
    fr.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 755
Processor i7-2500K @ 4.5 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
Cooling EK Supreme HF
Memory Kingston HyperX Genesis 2 * 4 GB
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7950
Storage OCZ Agility 3
Case Bitfenix Shinobi XL
Power Supply Super Flower SF-700P14XE

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Read this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/Maximus_V_Formula-ThunderFX/1.html

hopefully that'll help you understand the board a bit better.
ohh hoo I got it thanks, actually they did not quote my questionsso I was unable to find out which answer was that.

one question:
http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga...UZYG&ref=98fb3e4b-995f-4151-90e2-06530eee4e4c
Code:
HTML:
Will  Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard  motherboard which has on board fixedone  intel wifi card stream 1080P videos better than any pci-e wifi card or that of onboard Asuscombo wifi card?

I am really wanted to buy Gigabyte UP7 , but as it has only 2 PCI-E X1 slots, I had to exclude it from my buying option, as I need to install TV tuner and sound card both at same time however one slot will be used for its wifi card which comes with motherboard.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Code:
Please tell me one thing, i7 3770k has 8MB cache memory, so if I install 60GB msata SSD (along with 256GB SSD drive and 4TB sata HD),does that mean that my cache memory will then increase to total  60GB+8MB? Ireally want to know this.
.:respect::respect:

Last edited:
System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2 | WD SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
u don't add the 60gb to the CPU it will be SSD Caching if u use it with a mechanical hdd...

but u can also run Windows 7 or 8 from it if i am not wrong ^^;

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt
I am really wanted to buy Gigabyte UP7 , but as it has only 2 PCI-E X1 slots, I had to exclude it from my buying option, as I need to install TV tuner and sound card both at same time however one slot will be used for its wifi card which comes with motherboard.

Do you realize the tuner card can be installed in any PCIE slot. I think your making too much of your choice and need to study up on motherboards. The UD7 has everything you would ever want.

Status
Not open for further replies.