1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I don't like my new Razer mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Raw, Sep 28, 2013.

1. neliz

neliz MSI Rep

Thanks Received:
    I too have to ride the train of shame.

I got a DeathAdder back in April May and it worked fine for me as I care less for my privacy then I should.
    The Length, height and weight were better than the steelseries mice I got accustomed to when I noticed my MX-518's lacked precission/smoothness in BF3.

But that quickly changed, after 3/4 months I got nice random clicks from my scrollwheel, which makes me do weird things in games... mind you. .I HATE using the scroll wheel at all, so seeing that it has a mind of it's own started to freak me out. I unplugged the Deathadder...

And now I'm back to my Sensei Fnatic for gaming and my GuildWars2 version for office use, though the glidepads came off of that one already, I have plenty of teflon pads to replace them.
    After having used the Razer for a while I now notice how "nimble" the steelseries mice actually are and I've got a much "better" time playing LoL with them now I've gotten used AttackMove with LMB1 instead of A+LMB1.

So, sorry if I was advocating Razer a while back, purely because "it fits so well."
  2. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Thing is you need that software to use the extra buttons, which are very helpful for some business applications.
    Chevalr1c and digibucc say thanks.
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    ooh the differences don't stop there.. You should take the deathadder apart and the Sensei ( once warranty have past ) and you will notice the plastic used is much more solid but that's as far as it goes..

Although as i said in a post before Razer and SS both fail me with double click syndrome and that's 3 Razer mice and 2 SS mice And in the end they all fail in about the same time and donn't get me started on the Blackwidow which likes spamming extra letters or lack of lol.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the Razer Synapse has a offline mode and still allows the devices to work so those who say it's got to have a connection to work are wrong. What gets disabled is in the following picture.

[​IMG]

Re-edit
    I all so told my firewall to report the app if it try's to do any thing remotely online and it don't do any thing.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    lZKoce and Chevalr1c say thanks.
  4. neliz

neliz MSI Rep

Thanks Received:
    It is true though, I have never had any of the logitech MX fail on me and I had basically all of them since the beginning (MX300, MX500, MX700 (wireless), MX510 and 2x MX518) It was just that, especially in BF3 I noticed I could just never get my cursor pixel right where I wanted it, an issue I'm not facing with the sensei.
    AsRock says thanks.
  5. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    You can grab any $12.00 mouse

lol...you can grab any WallyWorld 10.00 mouse to do the same.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  6. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    Logitech G500 is installed

The G500 came in today. Installed, life is great.

Plug it in and go. Installed Set Point and it works perfectly.
    Feels great in my hand, no slip, no sissy feeling, added a bit of heft with 16 grams of weight, resolution on the fly, AND no software flakey TOS bull krap to deal with. It's Logitech for me baby, or possibly a SteelSeries in the future on another machine I have.
    Just to check one out.
    :toast:
  7. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I honestly think that Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) is better than Setpoint for setting things up in case of that mouse.
    Raw says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I tried it

I grabbed Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) as you suggested and installed it.
    I like it and I'll leave it installed. I was actually trying to d/l it from Logitech yesterday but their site was acting screwy. The site recognized I ran a 64 bit system and said so but kept trying to give me a 32 bit version.

After you mentioned it, I went back this morning and grabbed the 64 bit version and it installed correctly. Thanks

Well, I think this thread has about run it's course. Thanks to everybody for their input.

:toast:
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  9. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    LGS is much better than setpoint
  10. Warrgarbl

Warrgarbl

Thanks Received:
    Funny, I am right handed and eat left handed. This is due me as a kid thinking that it is weird how people hold a fork in the right hand when eating with just a fork, and then switching when they pick up a knife, too.

I never tried to change that and I don't see the point either. Feels more natural to me :)
  11. vexen

vexen

Thanks Received:
    Yep IE3.0 is amazing, and I have an extra one in the closet when mine dies!

I have the "new" 3.0 (Comfort 6000) at work and it isn't bad either, but I don't play games at work so it's hard to compare the sensor.

Not a razer fan (I've had plenty, from Diamondback to multiple 1.0 DeathAdder), but also not a software driver user. Haven't used a mouse driver in the past 10 years.

Why do you need drivers so bad?
  12. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Drivers allow you to use the extra buttons. I love extra buttons.
    neliz and Chevalr1c say thanks.
  13. Locksmith

Locksmith

Thanks Received:
    my Razer death adder story.

i had it about 5 months, the onboard profile memory was bad at keeping its settings.

then it just stopped working, no power, so the deathadder lived by its name and died.

i bought a logitech G700 and have never looked back.

im using a razer lycosa k/b and its totally turd, keys dont press down sometimes, the feel is so cheap..

razer are bad.
  14. neliz

neliz MSI Rep

Thanks Received:
    Using my G500S for a week now in League of Legends and War Thunder.

My initial fears that I would not like the thumb buttons proved to be ungrounded. they have a very distinct click and since they feel a bit more like switches than buttons I feel my response time using the thumb buttons has improved.

I haven't cared about chaning the scroll rate of the mousewheel though, but the difference between "digital" and "analog" is very distinct and I actually like to switch scrolling modes for browsing and gaming.
  15. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    i never use high end and expensive branded mouse, i prefer using "generic" gaming mouse until now. just about $15. and so far im pretty satisfied with that :roll::roll::roll::D