1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I have 100$ to upgrade..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Charper2013, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Nice case, nice features, one kicker for me would be a top exhaust fan...it can make a huge difference especially with OC'd quads and larger, hotter running vid cards, but a quick run with a hole saw would fix that! That's my only complaint with the case, but I do gotta say it's a sweet little case!

:toast:

3. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yah.. Mine is that there is alot of cable holes under the motherboard tray but there is no way to get the power supplie cables under there. Unless that is what that hole where the PSU mounts is for. Can someone help me with this?

4. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone can help?

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well for cable mgt it looks like you have a couple holes near the PSU location, but it seems they'll be covered for the most part, now if that MB tray doesn't go the full length of the case, then you'll have an area to route the cables and then use the holes to route the ones you need out to the areas you need them at. Kind of tough to tell by those images, but if you can find an image with the other panel removed to see the backside of the mb tray that might shed some light on the cable mgt situation. From what I'm reading people say it has pretty decent cable mgt, so there's gotta be a place that the cables get routed to the back of the MB tray. It looks decently prepared, but there might be a couple ways to go about it. It'd be a pain with my PSU and it's immense amount of extra connections and no modular design, but I'm sure most PSU's will do just fine in there. Just grab some zip ties (I usually go to the WalMart Auto dept grab the 10 dollar multi-size bin of them and that usually lasts a long time) and go with it! That case definately looks promising for mods, I'd rather have the features I desire off the bat, but then I paid just under 150 for my current case...I will rarely spend that much lol.

:toast:

6. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the PSU mounts just a bit away from the back wall of the case. You could send a few through there if needed, or just get down and dirty with a Dremel tool, and make a more apropriatly placed hole.

7. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok thanks both of you. Ill see what I can do when I get it. I might post a project log.

8. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i forgot about the nzxt beta case aswell,i was going buy that case when its release in UK but i bought the silverstone case instead =p reconmended case there and it is very affordable