1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MKMods Tribute Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cheesy999, Apr 18, 2011.

?

Who Should build the PC

1. Israar - Founder of this plan

18.0%
  2. NdMk2o1o - Geographically convenient

66.0%
  3. Note this is public - so we will know who voted for who - Please don't vote for this

28.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So are all of those parts on the 1st post now confirmed? case ordered tonight :toast:
    cheesy999, Israar and scaminatrix say thanks.
  2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    not entirely, i think we are missing confirmation on some of them, but i think were good to go
  3. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Ok, thanks people. :)

wb NdMk2o1o... YGPM. :cool:
    cheesy999 and NdMk2o1o say thanks.
  4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Sorry mate, i have read, just thought I better mosey on over here and give everyone a heads up as the thread has really come on over the last day I haven't been online :eek: :toast: replying as your reading this ;)
    cheesy999 and qubit say thanks.
  5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    If needed.. I'll throw cash in someone's Paypal for "shipping" if needed.. or anything else.. Just let me know in PM's since Works now gotten busy again for me...
    scaminatrix, cheesy999 and Israar say thanks.
  6. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    I have a 4850 I might be willing to donate.
    cheesy999 and Israar say thanks.
  7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I can't believe this, very sad to hear, did a Borderlands 4 pack with MK, talked with him a little, was extremely nice. I'm going to have to see if I can find anything to donate :(
    cheesy999 and Israar say thanks.
  8. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    That's very nice of you mate, also zip ties are the bomb when you're lacking routing holes, eitherway, taking a little extra time straightening and planning the rigs look just as tidy using zip ties, it is nice not seeing any wires, but in some cases it's inevitable, though I must say they are a must have for anyone! :D

Haha, this tickled me mate, I actually visualised that in motion :O

Mate, this is very generous of you to offer, it's great work is busy for you too, although you might disagree with me haha! Again, thank you for the kind offer, it's really nice everyone is pulling together so well! :)

If you fancy doing that mate, I'd keep ahold of it for the time being, as with how this is going, we may be doing a second donation rig not long after the lovely couple NdMk2o1o is going to be delivering the current one too :)

I can't personally say I really knew him, I knew of him and his work inspired me, well, I idolised his work privately really, as for case modding itself, I really have the lowest of skills for actually modding the cases themselves hehe :D -- It is a really big hitter, even if you don't know the people directly, but when you know of what they do and how genuinely nice a person they are, you feel it because people like MK are few of a kind, with the exception of the community, it's rare you find people so willing and helpful such as he was :)

Any donations and help in anyway that go towards the help of others in this regard for what myself and scaminatrix have put forward, with a huge helping hand from cheesy999 for organising and keeping on top with the thread for the lack of time me and scaminatrix have is highly appreciated, all donators are extremely helpful for the fact that they're willing to put towards something in the sense and trust in us that we're going to deliver our promise to helping people in need of a hand! I just have issues taking money from people which is why I'd rather people don't do that, though it's up to the individuals at the end of the day :)

Personally I'd love to be doing this on a regular basis but again, it depends on not just myself, but everyone else too :) -- It's not just for the satisfaction of helping people out, but also helping the community even further by getting everyone together more on team-based community level! (Which it's already at anyway) -- One big huge factor in this too, is seeing the satisfaction, happiness and overall emotion of the recipients of our donations!

Anyhow, I really am so greatful for the fact that everyone who has helped by advice, donation and general getting in with this just even speaking about it, it's really made me so proud that for once I'm doing something on a bigger level of help, but we're all going to be making a bold statement about TPU and it's entire community!

It might be inappropriate, if it is I appologise in advance! I'd sole heartedly like to thank everyone and also make a toast to the TPU Community in regards to the help, support and general affection towards bettering other people in a less fortunate position! :toast:

--Lee
    cheesy999 and scaminatrix say thanks.
  9. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    This is a really great effort and I wish I could donate something, but it looks like you've got everything. Not to mention that I'm out of a job and most of my better spares are being donated to my girlfriend's grandmother.

In any case, I'm posting because as I read through this thread, I can't help but think: Shouldn't an MKMods tribute be heavily modded?
    scaminatrix and qubit say thanks.
  10. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't see a mouse in the equation?

Have a close to new wireless Logitech MX 600 doing nothing good.

What else is needed by now?

Can also donate through netbank or PayPal if needed for shipment etc.

Don't know anybody, but like the idea! [​IMG]
    cheesy999, scaminatrix and NdMk2o1o say thanks.
  11. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Well peripherals aren't to much of an issue as they do have a KB/mouse, nothing fancy but it does the job, perhaps on the next build thats been mentioned, it might be better donated if the receiver has no peripherals.

Actually if you are willing to donate that would be a much more suitable match with the q6600?

So the case should be delivered this week hopefully, incase anyone missed I bought the collermaster elite 430 from ebuyer.

I will be sending PM's to the other people who have donated with my contact details etc for shipping. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.
  12. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Ah man, didn't think of that... We were talking about a bit of artwork/engraving, but I think time and money are the limiting factors with that idea.
    theJesus says thanks.
  13. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Sorry i've been gone for a bit (2 days), i stopped getting the emails when the thread is updated for some reason and i thought the thread had just gone quite.

i've updated the op with the new donations.

i can't help thinking, isn't it time for NdMk2o1o to mail his address to the donators so the build can get underway?
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  14. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Time and money is the key factors, I think the fact we are doing this in tribute to MKMods and helping others out who aren't as fortunate as ourselves still speaks volumes.
    scaminatrix, theJesus and cheesy999 say thanks.
  15. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    He's ahead of you, he sent the PM's about 10 minutes an hour ago :p
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    NdMk2o1o and cheesy999 say thanks.
  16. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Yea sent PM's out tonight, also been away for 2 days thanks to bank holiday weekend, actually spent it with Jay and Nicole who this build is going to be for, didn't let the cat out f the bag though ;)

Am awaiting some more PM's as soime donations are still unconfirmed, so far had confirmation from scam and BO$$ for the Q6600 and DVD-RW, BO$$ has loaned his RAM out to a friend (he will be donating if this friend buys his own kit though) so am awaiting an reply from gumpty about his RAM and PSU, offered to help him out with postage as a PSU and RAM is a generous donation indeed. All other donatees have been PM'd too.
  17. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i pressed thanks on every post on this thread and now the buttons been removed so anything not thanked should be considered thanked
    scaminatrix, NdMk2o1o and qubit say thanks.
  18. qubit

Thanks Received:
    There's unfortunately a thanks limit. Does the Thanks button show up on any other thread?

I'm trying to figure out if the limit is per thread or per thanks within a certain time.
  19. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    no, its gone full stop, i've pm'd krejj for help

EDIT: there is indeed a post limit - apparently put in place because one particularly unpleasant (or pleasant?) person did about 1000 thanks in an hour
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah.... She was a great person to talk to.. I'll say that.. Oh, well.. water under the bridge.. Like I've said before, if anything comes down the line, let me know.
  21. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Personally, if someone wants to thank indiscriminately, I don't have a problem with it. Now, if there was a Groan button and it was used like this, it would be a different matter... lol

Can you guys tell me who this was? Please let me know by PM! :)
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  22. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    who was a great person to talk to?
  23. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    My offers will stand, so you just call anytime! :toast:
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  24. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Ah, maybe the next one. If I get a new job soon, I'd love to help out with anything I can.
    I completely agree and understand the limitations; it was just something that crossed my mind.
    scaminatrix and cheesy999 say thanks.
  25. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    As for graphics on the case... it's be so cool to see the MKMod "Mad Scientist"

How fitting:

[​IMG]

... seeing it makes me sort of sad :(
    cheesy999, KieX, NdMk2o1o and 3 others say thanks.