1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MKMods Tribute Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cheesy999, Apr 18, 2011.

?

Who Should build the PC

1. Israar - Founder of this plan

18.0%
  2. NdMk2o1o - Geographically convenient

66.0%
  3. Note this is public - so we will know who voted for who - Please don't vote for this

28.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    That would be beautiful.
    Thinking about it, I've got a "sticker maker" here. If someone could print off that pic, in various sizes, on decent photo paper, I could make it into a case sticker.
    I'll use the best one, depending on resolution, etc. I'll give a few versions to NdMk2010 so he can apply which one he thinks is best...
    Maybe multiple stickers on different parts of the case, and/or maybe a bit of photoshop art on the pic/s, if that would be respectable?

Can anyone do that?
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    cheesy999, NdMk2o1o and Sasqui say thanks.
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Peel and stick printer paper:

http://www.google.com/#q=peel and s...gc.r_pw.&fp=ce7b88b8be18897f&biw=1182&bih=895

If it's going on a black case, someone needs to get clever with the outlines of the black portions of the image (like adding a thin white border).
    scaminatrix and cheesy999 say thanks.
  3. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Update on PM's guys, Sasqui has kindly offered to donate a MB though I didn't realise he was in the US and he didn't realise this build was being done from the UK, the shipping is going to be $46 so are there any UK members who have a spare 775 MB to donate? alternatively I have offered to help Sasqui with the shipping if anyone else would also like to contribute towards shipping if they don't have any components to donate this would be much appreciatted as it is a good thing he is doing just donating the board let alone shipping it here :toast:

Also need a 775 cooler for the Q6600 which Scaminatrix has very genorously donated :eek: :toast: Freedomeclipse did offer one though I don't think he has the 775 bracket and it's cooling a 939 proc so he would also need a stock replacement at the least, again a very awesome gesture none the less :toast:

If anyone has any DDR2 they could donate give me a shout, I possibly have some from gumpty though it's not clear if he has the right type or what capacity he has so any suggestions would be great, gumpty is also very kindly donating a 500w OCZ PSU :rockout:

So all in all confirmed and currently winging there way to me are:

Coolermaster Elite 430 from me
    Q6600 From Scam
    8400GS and 300GB HDD from KieX
    A DVD-RW from BO$$
    A PSU from gumpty

If your offer still stands we will take it :) is posting to the UK OK? as you don't have your location showing, lemme know and I will PM you with my details for shipping.

Great effort guys, main 2 concerns are the RAM and either a UK member with a 775 board or some generous ppz to help with the shipping. :toast:

Scam your idea of transfers/stickers is great, lemme know if you can get them sorted and if there's anything I can do to help!!
  4. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i'll update the op then, not too much i can do at this stage really - i feel left out :(
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Hey you, Scam and Israar brainstormed the whole idea between you's and got it organised, that is a pretty cool thing man, without your input it wouldn't be happening ;)
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to send the board... won't be till the weekend or early next week. Meanwhile, if someone else steps up with a board close by, then it's all good!

:toast:

Edit: I think I have 2GB of DDR2-800 in the board right now. Will check tonight.
  7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    yeah, at least my 'thanks' button is working today (keeps cutting out due to the immense number of posts i've been doing, i started at 490 posts yesterday)
  8. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    You're a star mate :toast:, I know you have said you will ship it regardless though if anyone who wanted to help with the rig though has no components to donate am sure $5 here and there towards the shipping for Sasqui would be a very nice gesture :D
  9. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Sasqui, could you PM with your (real) name please? I'll sort out something for you quickly...
    Sasqui says thanks.
  10. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I'm happy to PayPal $10 to Sasqui. :toast: Gimme the details and I'll do it tonight.

EDIT

Thinking about it, $46 is around £30. Wouldn't it be better to buy a brand new board here in the UK? mATX's are quite cheap nowadays.
    Sasqui says thanks.
  11. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering that. However, the board I have actually came from Fitseries, I paid $100 for it and it's a OC'ing beast :) I'm just thinking since it's originally came from a TPU member, how fitting to make it part of the tribute.

You guys are great, but I really don't want donations... just for the record. I was surprised at the shipping, but I can absorb that!
    qubit says thanks.
  12. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    why is shipping so bad from manchester, can't you just deliver it by car
  13. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Well you can get the basicist of 775 boards for around £35 w/shipping, the board Sasqui is donating is a X38 Maximus Formula with a Rampage BIOS so even at £30 shipping it is going to be hella better than the cheapo MSI/Biostar boards that you can get for "around" that price, and if we can get some help for the shipping then it's a much better deal than any of the budget boards you can get new for upto £50

Exactly what I thought, though it's Manchester NH - US.

BTW I will also donate $10 to Sasqui for shipping so thats $20 so far, any other takers?

Sasqui email me your paypal addy and I will gift it through PP come Thursday :toast:

Edit just seen your post about the donations, sorry man the offer is there anyway lemme know as it's a nice thing your doing shipping it all that way
  14. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    oh, so not the real manchester?

in that case good luck - being in the situation i'm in i can't even afford a postage donation
  15. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I wish I had a yellow submarine :laugh:

Gez, I thought I was in the real Manchester, Hhahahah!!
  16. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    here in the uk 'we all live in a yellow submarine'
  17. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    The real Manchester is in the UK ofc but you're in the 2nd best Manchester.... :laugh: :toast:
  18. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Yea, yea, I know we're all just a bunch of frikkin' copycats over here, but I didn't name the place! Oh, just remembered, my Dad was born in Stoke-On-Trent.
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  19. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    the real one?

if so i don't blame him for leaving
  20. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    LOL... I was there when I was 10, don't remember much about it, other than there was a river and a bunch of brick buildings. We were on our way to Copenhagen.
  21. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info, guys. A used board like that is certainly a better option than a new cheapie.

And Sasqui - like Nd, the PayPal offer remains open. What a great donation you're making. :) :respect:
    scaminatrix and Sasqui say thanks.
  22. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Just saw this thread and feel terrible for loosing a good friend and 'Guru'. We will all miss Mark.
  23. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    need the pp also.

:toast:
  24. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely - only the tiny pond aka The North Sea separates us!

Just let me know an address and it'll be on it's way! :toast:
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  25. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Donated £5GBP towards Sasqui, so it can be donated to the Computer Lab in his name; as a thankyou for his board :toast:
    Sasqui and NdMk2o1o say thanks.