• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVidia, What gives? Seriously?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Memory 32 GB 3600 MT/s CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage 2x 500 GB SSD, 2x 3 TB HDD
Case Phanteks P300A
Software Manjaro Linux, W10 if I have to
Storm in a tea cup.
Whining because he wasn't going to get any more free samples.
NOTHING stopped him from buying product and then reviewing.
Way to miss the point. I take it you watched none of the videos.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Let me just say this : There's no mistaking the difference between Xbox One and Xbox 360, regardless of how the screenshot is made. There are a lot of places where Series X and One look almost the same though.And yet these same sites hype up the difference between XBox Series X and PS 5 vs older gen consoles. Yet, it's apparent that this is the smallest jump ever for consoles.

Which of them noted that? None. So my point is, who said these review sites were unbiased? The reviewers themselves, surprise. Why is that taken at face value?

They make money doing this. This is the way the game is played if you make a living doing this. You don't really think these people who make millions doing reviews are entitled and unbiased do you? They act all indignant on these videos, based on responses they have a gullible low IQ audience is all I can think.

Look at car and motorcycle, stereo, TV reviews - early access is given to the privileged few. Piss them off and you get squat. There are reader-sponsored review organizations that have popped up because of these bias'. Consumerreports.org comes to mind.

This industry is not immune. Don't think for a second these guys don't know who pays their bills. Every single one of them. They are absolutely freakin bias, it's human nature, and they're probably laughing all the way to the bank.
A question: was your comparison pic from a game with an actual XSX version, or from a game running an XO(X) game in backwards compatibility? I'm assuming the latter given the severe lack of real current-gen titles, which again undermines your comparison - it's running the same code with largely the same settings, so it stands to reason that the visual differences will be minimal. Frame rates and smoothness? Those are radically improved. And of course in time the graphical fidelity will also show itself to be much improved.

As for peopla "making millions doing reviews" - I don't think anyone outside of Linus is doing that. Please stop presenting tech reviewers as if they are some highly privileged class - it's not only not true, it's disingenuous and makes you come off as either willfully naive or biased as you're presenting an obviously untrue argument to the favor of major corporations.

There is of course reason to be skeptical of the relationship between ad payments, product access and review content, as this type of corruption is still relatively prevalent across the globe in all industries. It is something end users need to be aware of and critical towards when reading reviews, and it is something that sites' and channels' editorial policies need to explicitly account for to maintain any semblance of journalistic integrity. Thankfully there are a decent amount who do, and who even explicitly design their reviews around this (such as going back and re-testing their launch review samples compared to retail samples to check for cherry-picked samples).

But in the end, I think you're going way too far in your arguments here. I can agree with a lot of your base assumptions - the close relations to the industry necessary to produce this kind of review content are indeed a huge risk factor in terms of maintaining journalistic integrity and producing as unbiased content as possible. The massively skewed power dynamics between reviewers and corporations of course makes reviewers vulnerable in myriad ways. However, you are taking this and seemingly concluding that reviewers can't be trusted, period, and that corruption is the norm, not the exception. There's a significant logical disconnect here, and one that entirely ignores the human factors involved in this. Most reviewers are relatively ordinary people, with relatively ordinary morals, and would thus not be comfortable producing consciously biased content over time - that kind of stuff does some seriously nasty shit to your psyche. Nobody likes being a tool for propaganda except for zealots. And among prominent tech 'tubers, how many zealots do you know of? I could name a few, but none are a part of what we're discussing here.
Many review videos on other products are start with "I am not sponsored nor do I receive anything from this company"
It's a slimy move no question but they could just stop the reviews or taking products. Aren't you concerned that these samples are hand selected?
Hand selected how? Silicon binning? I'm not personally worried about cherry-picked samples, no, as it wouldn't make much of a difference at all. If the reviewers' GPUs boost ... let's say 100MHz higher than everyone else's that's still a tiny increase when it comes down to it. And besides, the breadth of reviews out there makes this more or less impossible, especially when you have sites like GN who go out of their way to control for these things by buying further samples and doing comparison reviews at a later point.
If the review sites were trying to serve the needs of their viewers, then why aren't they running benchmarks on games that are most popular?

Why do the big review sites all run the same benchmarks?

One of the biggest things I like on TPU is that they link to little seen reviews. From that, one can sometimes see performance comparisons that are constantly missing in these cookie cutter review sites.

Here's a couple of charts I bet like <1% of folks here have seen, from recently linked reviews from TPU's home page.

These challenge popular notions. Those big sites never point this stuff out, which in my view makes them quite dubious if you think about it.

Edit: There are two tales being told here. One is how good Zen 3 is for gaming, even on lesser cards. The other tale is how bad Zen 2 was and is, even on older/slower cards. One of these tales got told, the other got a pass. That is bias in play.

Team fortress on a 1080 Ti. Who says you can't see a difference between CPUs with an older card? GPU limited? Maybe not.

TF 2 is one of the most popular games on the planet for many years.

Here's Dota 2, again one of the most popular games in existence for many years. At 4K, with a 3070. Who says you can't tell a difference between CPUs at 4k again?

View attachment 179606
Wait, was Zen 2's disadvantage in gaming somehow undercommunicated? To me it was plenty clear that they performed notably behind Intel in gaming, and especially in lightly threaded and latency-intensive workloads such as esports titles. I can't think of any review that hasn't highlighted this - but most of that was overshadowed by the superior value proposition and superior performance in a wide array of tasks, sure. That every reviewer was suddenly a video editor is ... again, this looks like an attempt at making a fair point, but you're taking it too far. CPU reviews have always focused on - and by necessity must focus on - a wide array of tasks. Video editing and 3D rendering has risen in popularity as benchmarks as those workloads have become far more common over the past decade. Does that make them the main workload of most PC enthusiasts? Of course not. Nor have I seen many reviews saying as such - most are pretty clear that if all you care about is gaming, the 9600K or 9700K were better than the 3600 or 3700X. Highlighting that the latter are superior for other workloads or mixed workloads (such as gaming while CPU encoding video) is the type of nuance a review needs, as it should cover the needs of as many readers as possible. So unless you can give examples of reviews actually arguing that the gaming performance deficit shouldn't matter to people who only game, or that rendering/video editing is more important and common a workload than gaming, then you're taking this way, way too far.
Storm in a tea cup.
Whining because he wasn't going to get any more free samples.
NOTHING stopped him from buying product and then reviewing.
Sorry, who is whining here? The person saying "no, I won't compromise my editorial policies in order to get early access to review products", or the massive corporation throwing a hissy-fit over some imagined slight by a relatively small product review channel?
Imagine Tesla sent HUB a Model X,
Steve: "yeah I don't give a rat ass about electric car, 99.9% of cars out there are running fossil fuel"

This dude is just a stubborn coot who is living in the past anyways, Tim on the other hand is a fantastic tech reviewer who has been doing all the DXR/DLSS in-depth reviews.
... they work for the same channel, no? Under the same review policies? Do you honestly believe that they work entirely independently from each other? Don't be daft. Stop reading distribution of work as if it says anything about the values of the person doing the work - there are hundreds of possible reasons why work is distributed the way it is, and none of them add up to "reviewer A thinks feature X is shit, reviewer B thinks it's cool, so reviewer B does that content". That's a bad-faith argument which assumes the reviewers have an agenda beyond investigating the performance and properties of the products they review, and it utterly ignores the facts of the degree of planning and cooperation involved in even low-level media production.

And besides, your analogy is wildly inaccurate. An electric car can't run on fossil fuels; an RTX GPU can still do rasterization - and it's still the main workload of the GPU. A more accurate analogy would be if Toyota sent out a Prius hybrid (not the plug-in type) to a reviewer and demanded that they prioritize covering the electric operation of the car in the review, rather than the main fossil fuel powered operation of the car, as "that is what the industry and drivers are interested in".

System Name Old friend
Processor 3550 Ivy Bridge x 39.0 Multiplier
Memory 2x8GB 2400 RipjawsX
Video Card(s) 1070 Gaming X
Storage BX100 500GB
Display(s) 27" QHD VA Curved @120Hz
Power Supply Platinum 650W
Mouse Light² 200
Keyboard G610 Red
The way it's meant to be ... Steve guessed it:

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
we know why Nvidia are doing it. They invested in AI tensor cores. Gaming is second fiddle. So they have to make up reasons to use them so the gamers will buy their reject A100 chips.

Bullseye

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Steve: "yeah I don't give a rat ass about electric car, 99.9% of cars out there are running fossil fuel"

This dude is just a stubborn coot who is living in the past anyways, Tim on the other hand is a fantastic tech reviewer who has been doing all the DXR/DLSS in-depth reviews.
Now imagine Tesla sent Steve a Model S when it was new. Steve said the car's excellent. Very good acceleration. Good technology. But it needs more recharge stations.

Then he does a follow up video where he shows the car is perfect and daily-drivable in a place like California where Tesla had invested and propped up charging station and infrastructure.
Analogies are slippery slopes. That's why it's such a good derail topic.

And why should reviewer's opinion and bias matter unless it affects his data or he's primarily selling his opinion? His videos constantly say that if you want ray tracing rather buy Nvidia anyway. I don't think he or anyone recommended RX 6800 cards as alternative for Nvidia in ray-tracing. I think the old guy from Digital Foundry said publicly that he likes Nvidia or such. You don't see him scrutinized because of that. Because Nvidia fans are wearing green-tinted glasses and fortunately his bias doesn't affect his review data.

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

That is the weirdest car analogy ever. Steve never said he wasn't going to review the GPU. And nobody ever managed to run a Tesla off fossil fuel.

TF are you smoking? Or is that the DLSS clouding your vision

Very childish.

Yeah I totally am not following you either, but I guess I"m strange.

I think defending press freedoms is common sense. Whether its a GPU reviewer or an actual journalist under fire - we need these guys. If you have any questions about that, maybe you oughta move to one of the growing number of countries that are actively repressing free press. Its hot right now, Nvidia is playing ball too, along with the likes of Hungary, Poland, China, Turkey... its a great list of heroic strong men who don't lose elections. I suppose the leather jacket belongs there too.

Seriously, people. Wow.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I think defending press freedoms is common sense.
Totally with you there, but I'm against Karens making a public stink to get support for their tantrums based on their beliefs, not the public's interest.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Totally with you there, but I'm against Karens making a public stink to get support for their tantrums based on their beliefs, not the public's interest.

But that is not what happened or happening every time.

What is happening, and we see it often because it also reaches the actual frontpages, is twisted reporting and one-sided views. How many Toms articles have we seen pro-Nvidia the past few years? One was even stranger than the other. And thats just one example. This shit happens and it colors people's views in disingenuous ways.

I mean, stuff like this

In who's interest is this? And that's one outlet. But they do it everywhere and only few can truly resist. How do they resist? By making noise like they do now.

Its going way too fast lately. HardOCP, this, and numerous other events. GPP... All Karens to you?

System Name SYBARIS
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Case Montech Air ARGB
TF are you smoking? Or is that the DLSS clouding your vision
Hey now. DLSS is great (and sharp). It's just that the truth is hidden behind the realistic lighting and shadow. The truth that someone at Nvidia escalated a personal feud into a professional one.

Seriously, people. Wow.
I like heated topics lile these. People show their biases and I can mark people whose opinion I can safely ignore in the future.

System Name DaBeast! DaBeast2!
Processor AMD AM4 Ryzen 9 5900X 12C24T/AMD AM4 RYZEN 9 3900X 12C/24T
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme/Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 360/Thermalright PA 120 SE
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16/2x 16GB Patriot Elite II DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX 24GB/Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT 16GB
Storage 500GB Crucial P3 Plus NVMe PCIe 4x4 + 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe PCIe 4x4 + TG Cardea Zero Z NVMe PCIe 4x4
Display(s) Samsung LC49HG90DMEX 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2/Acer XR341CK 75Hz 21:9 Freesync
Case CoolerMaster H500M/SOLDAM XR-1
Audio Device(s) iFi Micro iDSD BL + Philips Fidelio B97/FostexHP-A4 + LG SP8YA
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum/Enermax MAXREVO 1500
Mouse Logitech G703/Logitech G603 WL
Keyboard Logitech G613/Keychron K2
Software Win11 Pro/Win11 Pro
If I give you a supercar to review, and you drive it like a grandma, don't expect to get more cars in the future.
Or, if I give you a supercar that blazes in a straight road (RT, DLSS), but you live in the real world which it's mostly >95% city streets/roads aka Rasterization (should be higher than 95%, but keeping it conservative)...am I right to insist you drive only on highways and straight roads and ignore city streets and roads?

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
I hate to bring analogues back into the topic after criticising it myself. But are you perhaps one of those people that think the whole #MeToo and subsequent scandals that leaked should've just been resolved privately or dealt via HR dept.? Was the whole thing a mega-karen extravaganza to you?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Or, if I give you a supercar that blazes in a straight road (RT, DLSS), but you live in the real world which it's mostly >95% city streets/roads aka Rasterization (should be higher than 95%, but keeping it conservative)...am I right to insist you drive only on highways and straight roads and ignore city streets and roads?

Best car analogy ever because Car Emission testing was long done exactly like that. Goes to show how far off reality you can get if you let the lobby and company give direction instead of common sense.

The test for smoking cigarettes by the way... same shit ;) We're still fighting to get a more honest test as the norm.

So here we have a topic with numerous people advocating we go that way too for GPU reviewing. Yeah, you guys really got the memo...

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I hate to bring analogues back into the topic after criticising it myself. But are you perhaps one of those people that think the whole #MeToo and subsequent scandals that leaked should've just been resolved privately or dealt via HR dept.? Was the whole thing a mega-karen extravaganza to you?
The original concept had merit, then like anything else it gets hijacked.

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
I can see the problem, but ho cares? Don't you guys have your own minds as consumers? For me ray tracing is years from being useful. If some reviewers start focusing on things I don't care about, I'll just stop reading their reviews, it's simple as that.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

This cannot be understated. Nvidia did a fantastic job selling customers on tech that was designed for the professional space. It was a calculated risk by Nvidia as AMD was very unlikely to be competitive within turing's life-span. They even managed to get people to pay jacked up prices for the privilege. I almost feel like elevated prices are here to stay as AMD is also milking it for all it can but I don't feel like the current GPU pricing structure is sustainable for the market long term. Not having improvements in performance per dollar at the lower price brackets means a majority of the market is not seeing any improvements in performance. PC gaming needs to be affordable or the market will shrink, plain and simple.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Very childish.
Wait, this is more childish than Nvidia throwing a hissy fit over imagined slights from a reviewer?

Who was throwing a tantrum here besides Nvidia?

What "original concept"? The one of calling out Nvidia for trying this BS? How, exactly, has the development of this from the parties involved (i.e. tech reviewers) changed from that?

I can see the problem, but ho cares? Don't you guys have your own minds as consumers? For me ray tracing is years from being useful. If some reviewers start focusing on things I don't care about, I'll just stop reading their reviews, it's simple as that.
Who cares? People who want the world to have some semblance of fairness to it. Also, how is one to have one's own mind as a consumer without an unbiased and free press reporting things? Do we conjure information out of thin air? (This of course ignores the fact that "conscientous consumers" or "voting with your wallet" hardly ever amounts to anything; calling out bad behaviour and making it into bad PR is the most effective tactic.)

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
What "original concept"? The one of calling out Nvidia for trying this BS? How, exactly, has the development of this from the parties involved (i.e. tech reviewers) changed from that?
He's talking explicitly about the #MeToo. While I'm of the same opinion, he bypassed my analogue.

Reactions: Rei
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
He's talking explicitly about the #MeToo. While I'm of the same opinion, he bypassed my analogue.
Ah. Can't say I agree on that, but that's not quite the topic here.

System Name SYBARIS
Case Montech Air ARGB
This cannot be understated. Nvidia did a fantastic job selling customers on tech that was designed for the professional space. It was a calculated risk by Nvidia as AMD was very unlikely to be competitive within turing's life-span. They even managed to get people to pay jacked up prices for the privilege. I almost feel like elevated prices are here to stay as AMD is also milking it for all it can but I don't feel like the current GPU pricing structure is sustainable for the market long term. Not having improvements in performance per dollar at the lower price brackets means a majority of the market is not seeing any improvements in performance. PC gaming needs to be affordable or the market will shrink, plain and simple.
Nobody's putting much emphasis on it but Nvidia tried to rile up against HWUB with two points.
First is that ray tracing is the future and HWUB is "supposedly" slighting this future. Slandering HWUB as supposed red team reviewer.
Second is reviewers are given cards for free while buyers can't get their hands on them. So they should check their privilege.

The second attack vector is so heinous, my evil lizard brain is tipping his hats off to the guy who wrote that email. The writer tried to use the recent albeit tongue in cheek sentiment of the community (be it twitter, reddit or whatever) that reviewers are getting all the cards to gain empathy beforehand. Nothing works like riling up those who have nots against those who haves or some such.

Oh no. I don't meant that the phenomena should've been kept hush hush. But tbh it has been used by multiple people in mudslinging. But that's a topic for another time another forum.
Ah. Can't say I agree on that, but that's not quite the topic here.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

Being 'hijacked' is a very effective way to talk an issue away like it never existed too. I wonder who benefits most from that ;)

Information is like spy games these days, isn't it. Hard to discern relevant from irrelevant. And that is exactly what has already happened to us, and how deep down that rabbit hole we've gone already. FUD is the name of the game and its enough to get people to move in any direction it so seems.

System Name Gaming PC / I7 XEON
Processor I7 4790K @stock / XEON W3680 @ stock
Motherboard Asus Z97 MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / GIGABYTE X58 UD7
Cooling X61 Kraken / X61 Kraken
Memory 32gb Vengeance 2133 Mhz / 24b Corsair XMS3 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward GLH 1080 / MSI Gaming X Radeon RX480 8 GB
Storage Samsung EVO 850 500gb ,3 tb seagate, 2 samsung 1tb in raid 0 / Kingdian 240 gb, megaraid SAS 9341-8
Display(s) 2 BENQ 27" GL2706PQ / Dell UP2716D LCD Monitor 27 "
Case Corsair Graphite Series 780T / Corsair Obsidian 750 D
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD / ON BOARD
Power Supply Sapphire Pure 950w / Corsair RMI 750w
Mouse Steelseries Sesnsei / Steelseries Sensei raw
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma / Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Software Windows 1064bit PRO / Windows 1064bit PRO
nvidia history is full of this kind bullshit. Not to mention their cheating in color compression and image quality.

System Name Old friend
Processor 3550 Ivy Bridge x 39.0 Multiplier
Memory 2x8GB 2400 RipjawsX
Video Card(s) 1070 Gaming X
Storage BX100 500GB
Display(s) 27" QHD VA Curved @120Hz
Power Supply Platinum 650W
Mouse Light² 200
Keyboard G610 Red
I almost feel like elevated prices are here to stay
I fear this is indeed the case going forward. I honestly don't know what to say but I'm actually considering quitting PC gaming all together. I mean this business is getting nastier year after year. ~850 for a 3070, ~1200 for a 3080!!! 1200 is gonna be the MSRP of the yet to be released 3080 Ti for sanity's sake!

Is Ray Tracing really worth all these price hikes?! I'm literally stunned (I think shocked is the proper word here) and where is this gonna go next, huh?! 1200 for a 4070 and 1500 for a 5070 .......

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
People who want the world to have some semblance of fairness to it.
Wait, what? We're talking about a corporation. You know, guys who would kidnap your children and sell you back their organs if there was a long term profit to be had.

The problem with that is our mind doesn't work entirely like that. We think we can make autonomous choices, but we never truly do.
You seem to be overthinking the issue. We're talking about graphics cards, you know, toys. Not a dystopian future towards which the society happily marches. I want a graphics card, find a review or two which show what I care about. If a review is focused on aspects I don't care for, like ray tracing, I just discard it and find another.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
You seem to be overthinking the issue. We're talking about graphics cards, you know, toys. Not a dystopian future towards which the society happily marches. I want a graphics card, find a review or two which shows what I care about. If a review is focused on aspects I don't care for, like ray tracing, I just discard it and find another.

I am indeed, maybe too much for your taste, but at the same time, you may wake up in a world where all reviews are ray traced to death tomorrow.

So far, one by one they seem to fall out of the sky. The list was going to grow if HWUB hadn't made noise. Although maybe the market can clean itself up proper from that, that is still somewhat plausible. But that requires an audience like yourself looking for it! And what do the youngsters learn today, what do they get fed every day? Yep... and do they have the correct historical framework to place that in perspective? I think we know the answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.