• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
laughable part?

my HAF XB currently have a mATX Asus M3N78-CM AM2+ board with a Phenom X4 9600B, 4gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz and a MSI N460GTX Hawk. (note: the Macho isn't in currently i need to find a new cooler)
http://img.techpowerup.org/131113/PHOTO_20131109_163308.jpg
http://img.techpowerup.org/131113/PHOTO_20131109_163223.jpg

wow, one reason i use xb is i use deepcool assasin and its weight >1kg, so i feel better using horizontal tray than vertical. im afraid it would bring stress much to the board.
im glad that xb could take big cooler like that

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
well the Macho isn't what we can call heavy (its atm in my In Win GR one and even if my ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 has one of the 1155 hole cracked and the pcb is thin as hell...

i would have more "fear" if i was using my IFX-14, but i think the IFX will go again in the mATX build.

verticaly ... no biggies good retention mecanisme ... (unlike deepcool?) weight of that one > 790gr for the heatsink alone and 2x160gr for the TY-147 total 1Kg110Gr

the Deepcool Assasin is like my IFX-14 indeed, but with less thicker heatpipe but more of them

i just need to re order 2 TY-147 or the Extreme TY-143 2500rpm, for now i have only 2 TY-147 and they are on the Macho

laughable part?

my HAF XB currently have a mATX Asus M3N78-CM AM2+ board with a Phenom X4 9600B, 4gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz and a MSI N460GTX Hawk. (note: the Macho isn't in currently i need to find a new cooler)
<snip>

Well pretty much with the cost of the XB and the water cooling kit I want, I'm probably looking at about $350 to spend on an older platform. Some folks might think I'm crazy for doing such a thing. The water cooling hardware is quite a lot significantly cheaper today than it used to be though.

wontonoodlesoup

System Name My Computer
Processor Intel i7-3820 3.6Ghz turbo 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte X79-UP4
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw X
Video Card(s) 2x Radeon HD 6970 2GB
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 SSD, 1 TB Western Digital, 3 TB Seagate
Display(s) Dell U3011, HP LP3065c
Case Cooler Master HAF-XB
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Soundblaster Fatal1ty Champ1on recon3D
Power Supply XFX Pro 1250W
Software Windows 8
spacer

My power supply is the XFX 1250W. It's a pretty large power supply, and while it does technically fit, I find that it makes the cables really squeezed up against the chip to power the drive bays. So I drew up a design for my friend, who printed it out using a 3D printer. Do you guys think it will be an issue if I use something like this? For one thing, I think it may cut off a bit of the fan opening at the top. Anyways, I have attached a picture. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

System Name micropage7
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Case Icute Super 18
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win 7 64-bit
My power supply is the XFX 1250W. It's a pretty large power supply, and while it does technically fit, I find that it makes the cables really squeezed up against the chip to power the drive bays. So I drew up a design for my friend, who printed it out using a 3D printer. Do you guys think it will be an issue if I use something like this? For one thing, I think it may cut off a bit of the fan opening at the top. Anyways, I have attached a picture. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
what about using longer screw?
if you can find longer screws you can use that without any modification

lastmanstanding

Hi:)

I bought my HAF-XB when they first came out because I am running an AMD FX8350 on air with a ZALMAN CNPS12X heat sink which is rather large. I also required a 6xVelocirapter raid0 to ensure beyond SSD speed and 960GB space for a lot less money than using 2x500GB SSD's. I don't post to forums often unless I feel I can help folks on a forum with a common issue. I decided to post here today because I noticed a big complaint was hard drive space for 3.5" drives. I solved this problem by taking the lower drive braces from a cheap case and pounding them flat. Then I took a thin rubber strip from an old mouse pad to reduce vibration and mounted the 6 drives into the braces using beveled screws to reduce the height required.

Note in the pictures that the 80mm fans cool the drives and the motherboard tray covers the drives nicely.

This makeshift bracket allows up to 7 drives and tightly fits between the power supply and the
inner case edge. I hope this helps anyone who wants more 3.5" drives.

Here are more pix of the case with tray in place. Please note the nasty dust accumulation on the heat sink fins. The massive weight of all the add-ons makes this case great. My last vertical case actually failed because the weight killed the motherboard.

Some folk will notice all the add-on cards for drive expansion. These drives reside on a shelf under the main case and run off their own power supply allowing a huge data storage capability that can be turned off independently of the main box.

Before anyone with odd intrests asks, Yes that is a rare VisonTek dual hd4670X2 graphics card with quad DVI outputs :)

Last edited:
System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o

I bought my HAF-XB when they first came out because I am running an AMD FX8350 on air with a ZALMAN CNPS12X heat sink which is rather large. I also required a 6xVelocirapter raid0 to ensure beyond SSD speed and 960GB space for a lot less money than using 2x500GB SSD's. I don't post to forums often unless I feel I can help folks on a forum with a common issue. I decided to post here today because I noticed a big complaint was hard drive space for 3.5" drives. I solved this problem by taking the lower drive braces from a cheap case and pounding them flat. Then I took a thin rubber strip from an old mouse pad to reduce vibration and mounted the 6 drives into the braces using beveled screws to reduce the height required.

Note in the pictures that the 80mm fans cool the drives and the motherboard tray covers the drives nicely.

This makeshift bracket allows up to 7 drives and tightly fits between the power supply and the
inner case edge.
I hope this helps anyone who wants more 3.5" drives.

More pix coming when I recharge my camera

Velociraptor pack ??? RUUUUUUUNNN!!! ... second thought .... OH WOW...o_O

atraub

I moved to Korea, so prior to moving I upgraded my PC and put it into this case to make it easier to transport. Love the case, but my mobo decided to die IMMEDIATELY after I got here.

System Name micropage7
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Case Icute Super 18
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win 7 64-bit

inner case edge. I hope this helps anyone who wants more 3.5" drives.

Here are more pix of the case with tray in place. Please note the nasty dust accumulation on the heat sink fins. The massive weight of all the add-ons makes this case great. My last vertical case actually failed because the weight killed the motherboard.

Some folk will notice all the add-on cards for drive expansion. These drives reside on a shelf under the main case and run off their own power supply allowing a huge data storage capability that can be turned off independently of the main box.

Before anyone with odd intrests asks, Yes that is a rare VisonTek dual hd4670X2 graphics card with quad DVI outputs :)
nice but the space is tight when you place hdd vertically, i ever try it and i cant put the tray right so why i place them horizontally.

System Name The Slug
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1055t - Soon FX 8350
Motherboard ASRock 970 extreme
Memory 8g DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA Superclocked GTX660
Storage OCZ 120g SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Display(s) Dell ST2421L 24"
Case Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Power Supply CoolMax 500w Modular
Software Window 8.1
I too have this case and love it. I was thinking of adding water cooling. The Cooler Master Seidon 120XL, will I have clearance issues with the top mounted fan?

jkang117

Hey Guys,

I just got this case and did my first build ever!! Could you guys help me with my fan set up don't really know what I should do about it. I currently have:

Corsair H100i Radiator 2 120mm fan connected to the front blowing air out and then 1 200mm fan blowing air in and 1 120mm fan in the back blowing air out. I don't think this is the correct setup. I did this based on what my buddy told me. I was thinking about buying more fans, but before I do, I would definitely like to maximize the amount of airflow.

System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
Hello jkang17, Welcome to the club and TPU! :)

I would recommend downloading a program that monitors your temps (cpu, gpu, chipset hdd etc.), then adjust your fan configuration to see what works best for you.
  • Negative pressure: More fan pressure exhausting air from the case than drawing air into the case
  • Positive pressure: More fan pressure drawing air into the case than exhausting air from the case

Generally, positive pressure is preferred by most. The principle reason is the reduction of dust in the gaps or crevices of the case - negative pressure tends to draw dust into these spaces as exhaust fans pull extra air into the case through any space possible. Using fan filters on inlet fans one can nearly eliminate dust within the case, and when combined with positive pressure, dust also doesn't accumulate in any case gaps.

An ideal configuration for airflow is slightly positive pressure. If airflow is too imbalanced, less air will circulate and that is not optimal.

Hey Guys,

I just got this case and did my first build ever!! Could you guys help me with my fan set up don't really know what I should do about it. I currently have:

Corsair H100i Radiator 2 120mm fan connected to the front blowing air out and then 1 200mm fan blowing air in and 1 120mm fan in the back blowing air out. I don't think this is the correct setup. I did this based on what my buddy told me. I was thinking about buying more fans, but before I do, I would definitely like to maximize the amount of airflow.

dingho

Hello,
I'm considering to purchase the HAF XB EVO. I've read a number of reviews, but I'm still confused about the dust filters. I know there is a removable one for the PSU intake, but various sites describe the front panel fan dust filters very differently.

Can anyone please clarify what, if any, dust filters are present on the 2 front intake fans?

Appreciate any help.

System Name micropage7
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Case Icute Super 18
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win 7 64-bit
Hello,
I'm considering to purchase the HAF XB EVO. I've read a number of reviews, but I'm still confused about the dust filters. I know there is a removable one for the PSU intake, but various sites describe the front panel fan dust filters very differently.

Can anyone please clarify what, if any, dust filters are present on the 2 front intake fans?

Appreciate any help.
yes, but it placed on the front panel so if you wanna clean it up you need to take off the front panel
0002.jpg

so i made my own dust filter in front of fans and remove dust filter that on front panel

Last edited:

dingho

yes, but it placed on the front panel so if you wanna clean it up you need to take off the front panel
View attachment 57710
so i made my own dust filter in front of fans and remove dust filter that on front panel

Thanks Micropage.
I'm still a little confused. Is the black metal (?) mesh around the Cooler master logo the dust filter? Or is there another filter (removable?) behind that as well?
I"m asking about original configuration, no your custom filter.

Thanks again.

System Name micropage7
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Case Icute Super 18
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win 7 64-bit
Thanks Micropage.
I'm still a little confused. Is the black metal (?) mesh around the Cooler master logo the dust filter? Or is there another filter (removable?) behind that as well?
I"m asking about original configuration, no your custom filter.

Thanks again.
yeah, behind the mesh it has dust filter, actually dust filter and the front mesh are one and you need to take off the front panel to clean it
you can use pressure air or paint brush to clean the dust filter but the result may not clean enough, if you want to clean it 100% you need to take off the front panel
thats why i remove it and using custom dust filter

Rood

Hey all
I love the haf xb evo and atm I'm thinking of building my next pc with it.

A quick question: the specs state that the limit for a power supply is 180mm, I would like to use an xfx black 1000w, that is 190mm long. Could this work or definately not?

Thanks for any help!

Greetz

jrnix21

IMG_4532.JPG IMG_4536.JPG IMG_4537.JPG IMG_4538.JPG IMG_4540.JPG IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4542.JPG IMG_4543.JPG IMG_4547.JPG IMG_4548.JPG

First of all, I just wanted to tell you all how excited I am to join as a member and post in THIS forum! This is my first ever custom build, needless to say, the Haf XB Evo made me take the plunge! I liked this case so much, that I ordered it six months before I had the cash to get anything else! It stayed empty and dark for months in my living room. This inspired me to sell my children and get my system all together!! Just kidding….don’t have kids yet…but if I did….hmmm….

Anyways, I want to do a lot more to my build to really make it my own. It may never be as amazing as the crazy mods I am seeing here, but I can dream right? So far all I have done to my Haf XB was add some led lights. It’s not everyone’s taste, but it looks pretty sweet to me! Other things I want to do are paint the motherboard tray and some of the outside with some kind of metallic car paint. Color is waaaay beyond me at this point, but I am really taking my time. I would feel pretty bad if I ruined a piece of art that is the Haf XB!

If wondering, here’s what I got in it:

I7 4790K up to 4.4 GHz (will OC at some point)
Gigabyte UD5H-BK
16 Gb G Skill Trident 2400MHz
Samsung 850 Pro 256 Gb (first SSD I have ever used in any machine)
Corsair CX600M Modular PSU
LG BD rom
Seagate 2 Tb Platter drive (yea, so my mom randomly found this somewhere….free and works!)
Corsair H100i cooler (got the stock fans from the case as push, have the Corsair fans as pull)
$8 Led Cooler Master fan for the back 120mm slot
And of course the Cooler Master Haf XB Evo!

The missing component in this build is obvious….need a million more dollars first....But really, I am wanting to get a GTX 780, but that may be a while…

I saved for a looooong time for this stuff, and yea, it was worth the wait! Here is some pictures of the case with the different color LEDs. I’ve got a remote that changes the colors…pretty cool.

Last edited:
System Name micropage7
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Case Icute Super 18
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win 7 64-bit
Hey all
I love the haf xb evo and atm I'm thinking of building my next pc with it.

A quick question: the specs state that the limit for a power supply is 180mm, I would like to use an xfx black 1000w, that is 190mm long. Could this work or definately not?

Thanks for any help!

Greetz
you have 2 option, first you remove the hotswap pcb on the front drive bays, the second is using longer screw with spacer to tight the psu

<snip>

First of all, I just wanted to tell you all how excited I am to join as a member and post in THIS forum! This is my first ever custom build, needless to say, the Haf XB Evo made me take the plunge! I liked this case so much, that I ordered it six months before I had the cash to get anything else! It stayed empty and dark for months in my living room. This inspired me to sell my children and get my system all together!! Just kidding….don’t have kids yet…but if I did….hmmm….

Anyways, I want to do a lot more to my build to really make it my own. It may never be as amazing as the crazy mods I am seeing here, but I can dream right? So far all I have done to my Haf XB was add some led lights. It’s not everyone’s taste, but it looks pretty sweet to me! Other things I want to do are paint the motherboard tray and some of the outside with some kind of metallic car paint. Color is waaaay beyond me at this point, but I am really taking my time. I would feel pretty bad if I ruined a piece of art that is the Haf XB!

If wondering, here’s what I got in it:

I7 4790K up to 4.4 GHz (will OC at some point)
Gigabyte UD5H-BK
16 Gb G Skill Trident 2400MHz
Samsung 850 Pro 256 Gb (first SSD I have ever used in any machine)
Corsair CX600M Modular PSU
LG BD rom
Seagate 2 Tb Platter drive (yea, so my mom randomly found this somewhere….free and works!)
Corsair H100i cooler (got the stock fans from the case as push, have the Corsair fans as pull)
$8 Led Cooler Master fan for the back 120mm slot
And of course the Cooler Master Haf XB Evo!

The missing component in this build is obvious….need a million more dollars first....But really, I am wanting to get a GTX 780, but that may be a while…

I saved for a looooong time for this stuff, and yea, it was worth the wait! Here is some pictures of the case with the different color LEDs. I’ve got a remote that changes the colors…pretty cool.

Welcome to that "awesome parts" feeling. I've waited for years and years and years to have a powerful, sexy, overclocked, water cooled nvidia setup. Almost ever since I've owned a computer. I just recently took the plunge and finally have such a setup. Sadly no HAF XB .. it's been built in to a big antec 1200 chassis. But I love the HAF XB and I'm almost seriously considering getting one and doing some weird builds in it. I see so many interesting build ideas in this thread that it has me thinking a lot about it.

First off I'm sorry to double-reply, but I have some questions about the HAF XB and how things would work with it.

Some plans I had with it.. I might outline it and see what some people think.

To get this to work it would involve a lot of time invested and some very careful planning, and probably a lot of fittings.. as this will likely be a build involving lots of tight turns and such. And.. yes, it might be using somewhat older components in some people's eyes, so please no comments on the age of the parts in question. It's what I want to use and that's my prerogative.

I'm thinking of using the HAF XB with a "ultimate DirectX-9 Gaming Computer" setup.
The parts in question: A pair of water cooled, overclocked, EVGA GTX-470 Hydro Copper FTW edition cards, bios modded for more voltage, that take a +50% core overclock stable (I already own these and they're fantastic). These two cards together run really hot and I already know I'll need at least 3x120mm worth of radiator to cool just those. So to get that much cooling in the HAF XB, I'd be looking at a 2x120mm radiator in the front, top, and then another single 120mm radiator on the top, back fan port. That should cover the GPU's.

And then I was thinking of trying to water cool a LGA-771 12MB quad core @ 4.4 ghz (I already have one that will do that in a different computer) and a nvidia 790i motherboard probably. Then to loop in the CPU I was thinking of adding a 2x80mm radiator on the bottom back 2 fan ports. I -think- that should handle it, I have the cpu just fine with a single 120mm radiator right now.. so that should be 160mm of radiator space down there and -should- be enough, I think.

And possibly using a MCP-355 with aftermarket top (already own it) and just setting it in the bottom somewhere loose and plumbing through it. Maybe try and work in a bottom drain line some how, and a TEE up in the top half of the loop with a fill/bleed line up there, where air should collect. I was trying to measure clearances and think if I'm careful and pick the right radiators and the right fans, I can manage to double-stack all radiator points in push-pull, even the bottom one. I measured clearances in a HAF XB on the bottom spot with a google sketchup model I found.

My question is if anyone has any other ideas for arrangement of this idea, or if someone has some ideas I haven't thought of yet for where to place radiators. Or any comments in general. I think it would be fairly neato and interesting to manage to cram all that into a cute little cube and make it work :)

Hak Foo

I've been looking longingly at the HAF XB since I first saw it. Although I don't care for the specific visual language (it's so... Cooler Master... looking), the concept of a horizontal mainboard has fascinated me for ages, ever since I had an Athlon XP 2000+ in, seemingly, the last ATX desktop case ever made.

What I'm wondering-- can you use those 3.5" bays for external-facing devices, or are you permanently stuck with hard disc trays? I'm strongly attached to the concept of "built in card reader" but also "two optical drives".

For the people who're using a Thermalright Macho in it-- does it only clear the "raised" portion of the case top, or the lower portion too? I'd sort of like to try to go for a very retro theme, which would involve removing a lot of the chunky-protrudey stuff.

System Name micropage7
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Case Icute Super 18
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win 7 64-bit
I've been looking longingly at the HAF XB since I first saw it. Although I don't care for the specific visual language (it's so... Cooler Master... looking), the concept of a horizontal mainboard has fascinated me for ages, ever since I had an Athlon XP 2000+ in, seemingly, the last ATX desktop case ever made.

What I'm wondering-- can you use those 3.5" bays for external-facing devices, or are you permanently stuck with hard disc trays? I'm strongly attached to the concept of "built in card reader" but also "two optical drives".

too bad its for hdd only and theres no mechanism to hold like card reader

Jonathan Lavoie

Hi everybody!

I will soon become an owner of a HAF XB EVO. This case is just awesome!

I was wondering if any of you could help me with this :

I currently have a HAF 932 and i'm bored to bring it to lans and friend's houses... And i use a H100 water cooler in it for my i5 2500 oced.

I wanna buy the HAF XB EVO and transfer all my stuff, plus a new video card. Gigabyte gtx 970 gaming G1.... wich is 312 mm long. I saw on their website (cooler master) that it could fit a 13.1 inch long video card... (that is without radiator).

Will it fit inside the case with the H100 (only 1 set of fan instead of push / pull). From what i saw in this thread (pictures and checking card length), this could fit... But i want your advices.

I checked a lot of the post in the 11 pages long thread but count find a clear answer.

Thanks guys for your answers!

dragonprince

my heatsink is literally just 1 inch too big for a 200m fan to fit.
i ended up installing it on the outside but do not really like the look, any suggestions?
i was thinking of buying the windowed top panel and staking it under the mesh one, take off the window and hope that will work, but as i see it the windowed panel has the same bump the mesh panel has.
any suggestions that would not require a power tool?