1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by t77snapshot, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    hooray i got lucky and got a HAF-XB with 2 be Quiet Silent Wings2 3 Coolink SWIF2/120mm and a Sharkoon CCFL 2in1 Kit 10cm, red, 2x10cm brand new for merely 85$

i cant wait the delivery and put my mainrig in it!

hororrororooo kindly asking to be added to the club yay!

sidenote i think i will switch the 2 SWIF2 in the front for 2 Enermax UCCL12 Cluster (white led) and the one on the back for my H60, i might get 2 SP120 for it meawhile with red ring on it + a 200mm red (i dont know what brand anyway BitFenix? or i wonder if i can re use the top fan of my Thermaltake Element S (dont think so since it seems to be a 230mm) so basically it will be white and red lightning

and btw THAT Harley Davidson mod look SICK! (the other moded one look nice too)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still have some cable management or find better place for the CCFL unit (80mm are be quiet Shadow Wings)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that last pics reminde me that i have to clean the dust filter on the Core1000 :roll:
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    little addition i managed to find a tube of Spire Bluefrost (nicknammed Spire BlueWorst by some)

but my tim under my H60 was quite old, so in wait of other compound its better than nothing

Enermax Cluster UCCL12P (on non pwm plug but pwm model have cable sleeved) without the led on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also i got them (brand new still boxed) for 8$ (roughly) a piece

[​IMG]
    i used smaller screw and a micro precision screwdriver to put the 2nd Coolink Swif2-120p on the H60 rad, both replacing tim and adding 2nd fan lowered the cpu temp from 56° load to 46.5° (Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2ghz stock @ 4.2ghz oc) the red tape on the top of the rad is temporary xD

iritating point: with the 2 fan on the H60 i couldnt close the top due to the 200mm touching them. so i had to put it back without then screw the 200mm from the side (god that case has so many advantage :respect: )[​IMG]
  3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    another one with a Window version ^^

which remains me, that my cat sometimes sits on the Windows :/
  4. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    no no its a mesh version but the last picture was without the 200mm in
  5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    oh the last pic looked like window version or i need to get some sleep :D

it's still a awesome case, i use 2xNoctua NF-R8 in the lower part of the case ^^; (Totally Noctua fan :laugh:)
  6. exiledryan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  7. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. wontonoodlesoup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All! I just joined up. Just saw this case at Fry's the other day and I feel like I really need to have one now! I'm currently using a Thermaltake Level 10 GTS and really, there's no reason for me to change it...except I really want this cooler master case! ARGH. I wasn't sure that my radiator would fit (it's a corsair h100), but it looks like it should have no problem from what I've read here. Anyways, saw some really nice setups in here and it just makes me want to do it even more. So I'll probably pick one up tomorrow. See how it goes.
  9. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i am using a Corsair H100 in my XB case and it fits fine, i am even sure there is space for push and pull, even i only use push with 2x Noctua NF-12 PWN fans ^^
  10. wontonoodlesoup New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I picked up the case today. I have 2 80mm, 1 120mm, the corsair h100, and a 200mm. How do you guys figure out which direction the fans should face? where should flow go in and out?
  11. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    some fans got small arrows on the side showing what way they spin and where the air comming

[​IMG]

all of my Noctua fans does, but normally it's u mount this side on the rad to get ur blowed on to it

[​IMG]
  12. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Or just look at the fan blades...
  13. wontonoodlesoup New Member

Thanks Received:
    haha. I didn't mean which direction the fans blow. I meant, within the case, what direction should they flow. I have 2 80s, 1 120, 1 200, and 1 radiator corsair h100. but I don't know how I should set it up so that air gets moved properly. which ones should blow in or out? or should they all blow out? I dunno.
  14. wontonoodlesoup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can you post a pic of how you have your radiator setup?
  15. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    it has been posted before but here u can see it, but my cables ain't that much of a mess now ^^;

[​IMG]

and from what i can see if i get mounting screws i can do pull soo enough space :laugh:
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  16. wontonoodlesoup New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had mine initially setup as pull cuz it came out of the box that way. With the video cards that I'm using, it fit, but it was extremely tight. So I just relocated the fans to push and now it's not quite as crowded in there. Thanks for the photo.

Overall, I really like this box. It's a refreshing change from all those towers out there.

Wish that it would have at least one permanent 3.5 bay. But that looks to be a topic that's been done to death here.

The only other issue I have is that my PSU barely fits in there. My PSU is the XFX Pro1250W. the cables are pressed up against the back of the 3.5 removable drive bay. REALLY tight. I wouldn't mind having it stick out further from the back to open that area up a little bit. Wondering if there's a way to do that.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  17. k1llc0r3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    my little build..

well i decided to do my own build again after my old haf 934 was getting to old so i decided to go with my new setup. my old one being a amd 9770 black edition, patiot viper ddr3 pc 1600 16gb, amd 5770 x2 in cross fire, thermaltake big water se modified, asus p9n deluxe then to a crosshair and a bfg 850 watt psu. i upgraded to a amd 8320 black edition, kingston hyper x beast ram pc 1850 ddr 3 32gb, thermaltake water 2.0 water cooling kit, xfx 7850 and for storage i had as my main drive a samsung 840 ssd, seagate 4.0 tb, 3.0tb 3.5" desktop drive, western digital 320, 500 x2 2.5" drives and a asus sabertooth 990fx rev. 2.0.
    for peripheals i have my new kb a steel series merc from my old one, razer tarlantula and lycosa.
    mouse i am using a steel series karma from my razer death addler and m$ sidewinder x8.
    mouse pad i am using a steel series from my razer which i still use from time to time and soon my tron mouse pad and razer tron edition mouse ( prelude to my mod)
    for fans i went with silent x and corsair.

whats next is paint and some custom brackets along with ram cooling and well one or 2 xfx
    7850 gfx cards and going to sleeve up my psu and may redo wiring and have pics up soon.
  18. exiledryan New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is my work in progress
    when i got it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    made a 3.5 HDD rack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still working on side panels at the moment
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    GreiverBlade and t77snapshot say thanks.
  19. exiledryan New Member

Thanks Received:
    i'm running not sure yet ether but my original plan was 2 80 mm, both 120mm front and the rear 120mm as intakes then have the 230mm bitfenix as a exhaust if you are using the cooler master 200 mm fan it will bolt up but if you are to want to put a led fan that isn't red or blue a 200 mm won't work or even bolt up but the 230mm do without modifying them i use almost exclusive bitfenix fans unless i'm only mocking up then i use fans that i have around. hope this helps you
  20. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    in a dilemma for an option of going HHAAFF--XXBB (double the box double the fun!) and get rid of my 3rd rigs Tt Element S

dilemma solved since my retailer does me a rebate (small one xD 99$ to 80$) i ordered a 2nd HAF-XB 2 Bitefenix 140mm red 1 Bitefenix 120mm red 2 Be Quiet Shadow Wing 80mm 1 Antec True quiet white and a cold cathod white set
    1 is red (cathod) white (fans) the 2nd will be white (cathod) red (fans), what did you expect im swiss ... now i get to think about modding those 2, when i recieve the second, beyond light only ...
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  21. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i did go all red all white i think in the end it looks not that bad, just waiting the 3 Red Spectre Pro 120 and it will be all red
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  22. Death_Masta187 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been following this thread for months now decided to make an account now that I just finished my HAF-XB build. This is my first water cooling build as well.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OvKf-0DXcvRThKY0hlRkEySnM&usp=sharing

Specs:
    i7 4770k
    16GB DDR3 2400 (Kingston Hyper X)
    GTX 780
    Audigy x-fi
    Corsair AX860i PSU
    2 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (RAID 0, OS)
    2 x 1 TB 7200 HDD (RAID 0, Games)
    1x 120mm Rad (back. Pull)
    1x 240mm Rad (front. Push/pull)
    swiftech MCP655-PWM W/ Bitspower pump mod kit\res mounted to the front of the case

I have not done any overclocking yet (so stock clocks all around) because I was going more for a silent PC than anything else with this build. But I will down the road if I need to.

I eventually want to replace my front res with a thinker one so I can just leave it in pull instead of push/pull. I still need to find a fan grill I can put on the back 120 rad (yet to find one that strikes my fancy).
    I may even try to add a second 780 down the road if my rads can handle it and the prices drop a bit.
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
  23. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    nice one clean and smooth:toast:
  24. Death_Masta187 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, that's what I was going for. minimal and clean. :)

I do want to give props to Brian (the guy who did the HAF-XB green machine). I have been doing green themed PCs for the last 13 or so years. He gave me the inspiration to want to try liquid cooling and to liquid cool the haf-xb. you can see this a little in my build as well (like my res placement :))
  25. dericwan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've trimmed the plastic and installed 2 x Noctua A-14 FLX. I can snapped the front panel back on...but it's still jutting out tiny bit in the middle...you can see the audio sockets and the USB sockets not properly flush again the panel but slightly set deep inside the panel. How much do you ave to trim the plastic off? or is the Noctua fans too thick?? Anyone got pics to show their 140mm fans installation?