1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! Official IC Diamond Test

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by stinger608, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    "ON MY HONOR IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE COMPOUND I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO TEST AND POST MY RESULTS"
    Cool thread, I already use the IC Diamond 24K paste.:rockout: I've been using it for about a year now.

Best of the best imho.. I was testing the size to apply all day yesterday and found a blob about a tad smaller then an eraser on a pencil.. that much in the center was perfect to cover the 2700k cpu without any being squeezed out around the cpu... It actually spread perfect and I was surprised.

Here is a screen shot of my temps under stress..

I got about an 8c drop in temps over other paste... Not going to mention the names but MX-4 AS5 is crap compared to this stuff... I know the MX guys are going to flame me but whatever :laugh:

Im not trying to sell, or tell ya to buy this stuff! But if you don't win go grab a tube of it. You cant go wrong and you wont be dissapointed :respect:

[​IMG]

2. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    are we talking about this type
    $$$ $61.00/12 in. x 10.6 in. (30.5 cm x 27 cm).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    NAVI_Z, fullinfusion and stinger608 say thanks.
  3. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Nice find, and interesting too :respect:

4. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Bull shit!!! Arctucas! The only stain in in your shorts :laugh:

Holly hell man!! This stuff you dont need to spread.... read my other post as I spent all day yesterday testing this stuff out... If you spread any paste your a fool, and I mean that in a kind way! Never spread the TIM... Dab it on the center of the cpu and place on the HS and let the heat of the cpu and pressure of the HS to spread it out. :slap:

I'll be glad to pop off my water block and take a picture of my EK-Supreme HF nickel plated water block, and wipe it clean with 99% rubbing alcohol and show you no stains! You better get your shit straight b4 commenting on bullshit... let me guess your a MX user? :pimp:

I had the IC paste on for 6 months and the only reason I pulled off the block was to change all my O-rings on all the fittings for my loop. The surface of the block is still a mirror a finish like day one lmao!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    stinger608 says thanks.
  5. Jimmy2k9

Jimmy2k9

Thanks Received:
    I just got some IC Diamond 7 yesterday for my new cpu/hs and used it, says it takes around 2 hours for peak performance, seems to be doing good so far.

fullinfusion says thanks.
  6. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Bahh, It's good to go! straight after heating it up for one time... This stuff really dont cure but stays flexible is the only way I can describe it.... Works like a charm!

have you removed the HS to see how it spread?

7. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    Whatever you say...

All I know is what I have personally experienced, if you have different results, I cannot comment on that.

And, I use a copper base block (Heatkiller 3.0) so your assertion that your nickel plated block is comparable is flawed. Tell me, how does the CPU IHS look?

Also, I discovered that the 'grain of rice' application method is most suitable, and I was not saying that I ever spread TIM, yet ICD appears to not 'spread out', when the heatsink is applied, as easily or completely as some other thinner TIM, which is to be expected given the viscosity.

As to being a "MX user", I tend to try different TIM over time, MX being one of several.

8. IC Diamond

IC Diamond Innovation Cooling Rep

Thanks Received:

That's the stuff

9. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Just wanted to bring some attention to the first post in this thread, in case any record keeping over on IC's side has been done. I have lapped my processor, so that introduces a change in temps (looks like a 5c drop, roughly...). I'm also now running at 4GHz, so that introduces more heat. I'll post up current temp results when I get the paste. Hopefully IC Diamond knocks it down some more for me!

stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. IC Diamond

Thanks Received:
    We are including some Contact and Pressure Paper with all samples so you can check your lapping:)

11. Brusfantomet

Thanks Received:
    awesome, the only ting missing is that i did manage to register right.

12. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    Is there a preferred bench software we should use? in order to better compare results?

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. IC Diamond

Thanks Received:
    These were some on the concerns on the last give away at OCUK - So let's put it out for discussion and you people can decide, perhaps a Poll?

stinger608 says thanks.
  14. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    most interesting results on GPU's
    [​IMG]

15. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    I hope I get a chance to try this stuff I gotta redo all the machines in the house
    ON MY HONOR IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE COMPOUND I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO TEST AND POST MY RESULTS
    systems will include a cedermill p4
    AMD althlon II and a prescott p4

stinger608 says thanks.
  16. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget to record the current temps at idle and load OneMoar. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  17. IC Diamond

Thanks Received:
    First group hit the post this morning approx 30 samples out - Plenty of samples still available.

I will start a separate Results Thread for posting results with instructions for format, application and how to use the Contact and Pressure paper.

18. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    i hope i was one of the 30 lol

19. IC Diamond

Thanks Received:
    and do not forget to send address

stinger608 says thanks.
  20. IC Diamond

Thanks Received:
    Frogger says thanks.
  21. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    ON MY HONOR IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE COMPOUND I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO TEST AND POST MY RESULTS

I'm in for this. I have a couple overly hot GPU's and some watercooling to test.

Some AM3 cpu watercooled
    CH3
    GTX 295 watercooled
    Watercooled by a laing d4 and d5, swifty 480, 320, and 240 rads with 255cfm fans in push/pull.

Xeon 3440@4.2 on an H70
    GB H55N
    GTX 470 high end air cooler

Pair of old netbooks with overlooked L310's.

Out of curiosity do you want any sub zero testing done? Not making any guarantees but I might be able to get a bit of dry ice going.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  22. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    "ON MY HONOR IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE COMPOUND I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO TEST AND POST MY RESULTS"

yes i'll give it another go (i already have some 24carat diamond paste) (never hurts to apply some new) :D
    :respect:

23. IC Diamond

Thanks Received:
    I sent each of you guys 3 Contact & Pressure Tests and your raw test results will look like the images below - It's a great tool for analysing performance, If you feel so inclined and not embarrassed by your result you can scan or photograph it and post along with your thermal results to compare.

I would also like to survey the end users here as to how this(C/P) would work as a stand alone product I can buy in bulk and repackage into test kits perhaps with a retail of $3 per test.

The target here is not so much profit but our view is the more people have a full view of the process the better for our paste sales. It's not rocket science & with a few comparison examples end users should be able to do the analysis on their on their own and trouble shoot any mounting problem.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    itsakjt, stinger608 and chevy350 say thanks.
  24. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:

Planning to test on my GTX460, GTX560 and Q8400 and my Dell Precision as I am getting bad temps on those with tuniq and they're overclocks,

good luck on your new job man

25. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I think the ideal would be to include multiple sheets. I know if I put one on and tested it as I currently have my block mounted and found that I had uneven pressure, I would want to test different ways to mount it. At least yould offer a multi-pack, too, in addition to single sheets.

Crunching for Team TPU