1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The RAGE Megathread

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Aug 9, 2011.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully thing's will get only better soon.

2. MainframeTM

MainframeTM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Blame himself & his pc..not the game? Seriously man? Have you not checked the official forums on this game? It's rampant with issues & problems. I'm running the ultra config from Fusedcore & I'm still getting texture popins no matter the settings so your dead wrong there. I know this pc thru and thru and the only fault lies in this game. Is this really the future of pc gaming? Some hyped up crap that looks even worse then a product released years ago and people actually defend it? Id is out of touch and have no idea what their fan base is any longer. They do not have a place in today's pc gaming market...both of which I'll be the 1st to recant (& wished it was different) if they change their direction. But to sit and defend something that's soooo obviously flawed is amazingly daft!

Also those that are now calling this game a tech demo and the real deal will be released when Doom4 hits shelves...really? Are people so snowed nowadays that they are ok with paying full price for a game...only to be reveled as a demo. Plus..with the masses showing their ok with it.. why are you gonna be surprised when the same thing happens with Doom4?

(throws hands up in pure frustration!) I'm just thankful I got the game free on steam. I think I've lost all faith in gaming companies to release on pc anymore. It's been issue after issue recently.
  3. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    You are misunderstanding me here techtard (or I formulated it badly), I did troubleshoot, I just wrote that I didn't like doing it. I got the new drivers and added a custom config etc. The drivers didn't help, my guess is because it's AMD drivers. The config only made the game look more clearer, but didn't help with the performance as it said it would. There is only so much I'm willing to do to get a game running smoothly on a machine that is clearly up to the task hardware wise.
    This just isn't true in my experience. I've been playing PC games since -93 and such classics as Syndicate and Beneath a Steel Sky. They worked perfectly well then, and they work perfectly well today. I actually finished BaSS again just a year ago.
    I did some of that as stated earlier. Also Rage did not ship with any official support for SLI/CF.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
    techtard says thanks.
  4. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
  5. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Until they release official SLI and Crossfire support, temporarily disable multi-gpu. A hassle, but sometimes it's gotta be done.
    SLI and Crossfire are still not fully supported in all games, you can blame both the gamedevs and the GPU makers.
  6. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I highly doubt you'll see dual card support from id - the game is capped at 60FPS. It doesn't even stress a single card enough.
  7. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    trying to finish it in nightmare difficult .... So easy, there is just some head to blow in more ... I love FAT mama bullets
  8. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Ah yeah, who doesnt love fat mama??
    It takes a single bullet to do what 2 sniper bullets do, best weapon (pistol with scope) for headshots at close to long range, when we cant see the head anymore then, only then one must use the better scope on the sniper riffle...

Also steel for hordes of zombies and smg feltrite ammo for "cops" and i found the rocket launcher cumbersome and useless and using the crossbow fun...

I just finished the game for the second time in around 15h, first time took 17h, got lost a few times looking for stuff...

The game has some serious graphic glitches, but i do think it looks awesome, very detailed character designs...

Races are a cool add and having to upgrade the rides makes racing even better...
    Hunting bandits and jumping around is even more...

I had some fun playing cards too in wellsprings, a shame my cards where on the week side for playing hard...

Overall, i can say i loved the game, it is probably the closest to borderlands i have played on a small scale though...
  9. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been hearing that it is very short, but according to your numbers it doesn't look like it is very short, by today's standards. Can you tell me how mch it took you to complete other FPS, i.e HL2, Doom 3, Crysis 1/2, or any other... whichever one you prefer will probably do, I've played many if not most of them. I just want to get an idea of how long it is.

For reference it took me 18h to complete HL2 the first time.
    15h to complete Doom 3, Crysis 1 == 13h; Crysis 2 10h, COD4 == 3h.

EDIT: Also if anyone else want to tell me how much it took them I would apreciate it too. I don't think I'll get it because I'm probably getting Skyrim instead, but I might change my mind and buy both. I'm definitely getting Rage when on sale on steam anyway.
  10. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    My game crashes to desktop after the first video, will the new drivers fix this?
  11. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried disabling one of your cards?
  12. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Rage can take more than 15h, if you take your time exploring every inch of the world looking for stuff and collecting cards, i only got like 40% or less of the cards...
    Played hl2 dunno for how long because its been long ago...
    Same for Doom, Crysis, and i think Crysis 2 was short, but forgot how long...

I did first playthrough without issues with last ati drivers, then somewhere through second playthrough game broke, i cleaned drivers with driver sweeper, put them back again, and did a clean reinstall of the game and problem fixed...
    Benetanegia says thanks.
  13. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    No i haven't done that as i don't have CCC installed. I uninstall it after its installed because it conflicts with MSI afterburner argh.

Hmm ok well i will install the latest drivers and see what happens then.

If its just a crossfire issue then that just sux for me.
  14. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Don't download the 11.9 set if you intend on playing Rage, download this set.
  15. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    11.9 works perfect, all you have to do is put a certain opengl file in the rage installation folder and it will work flawless.

I'm currently running 11.9 with the latest cap profiles and then that file in my RAGE installation. Game is flawless with maxed config/ fov tweak and looks great.

EDIT - Here's the file you need ATI OGL RAGE
  16. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's funny because I thought the exact same thing (try disabling CF). I had just installed some new hard drives and I have to remove the GPU's to get to the SATA connectors. I forgot to click the CF bridge on, so there never was any CF enabled to begin with.
    Adding it obviously did absolutely nothing.
  17. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    How to I get rid of that horrendous screen tearing?
  18. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Enable the in game vsync with triple buffering or use d3doverrider
    phanbuey says thanks.
  19. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
  20. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I have always been playing with the 11.10 drivers, the latest, so i dont know how bad it was before, there just remains occasional glitches like redstone character not appearing correctly or one or another issue, nothing serious though...
  21. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    He has an nvidia card. He'll just need to force it from the nv control panel by selecting the exe, then enable triple buffering and forcing vsync. No need for 3rd party apps. Worked for me.
    phanbuey says thanks.
  22. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Ill give that a try... i tried to enable it through the global profile but it did not want to stick.
    LifeOnMars says thanks.
  23. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    preview 3 just came out days ago afaik
  24. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Say what? Nvidia or ATI should both have the in game option to enable it so why even bother with the nv control panel? With ATI you can also enable vsync/triple buffering in the CCC as it caters for open gl or use 3rd party software such as D3doverrider (if that is your preference).

I was just trying to help out, you know?
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  25. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    EDIT -
    Sorry phanbuey, does it not work in game for Nvidia cards? That seems a bit ridiculous if so.