1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't see the point in having bodykit. Doesn't really add to resale value, you might as well get more beers.

2. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm paying for the car on finance and have 2 years left, when it's paid off and I come to sell it it will be a 10 year old car, I don't think having an bodykit on it will affect the value that much. I also have a windowed case cause I like to see my PC internals, it doesn't add to the resale value but it gives me enjoyment :)

3. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Thats your answer to everything ,and something we have in common :p:toast:

4. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    As a poor uni student beer is a luxury I cannot afford much of, hence the answer to everything money related :toast:

5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I think i did maybe 30 hours of lessons from having never sat behind the wheel. But it has been over the space of a year.
    I personally don't have a car, but within the household there is a little green/blue E46 BMW 318i which gets BARELY 1000 miles a year... So for all intents and purposes it's mine....

Who Do you insure with? i need to get something FAIRLY cheap (not expecting miracles since it is worth about 3.4k), as this car isn't costing any money other than tax it is cheaper to insure it than buy another one...

Wow i scraped a pass on mine.... They are fucking nazi's when it comes the the hazard perception....

6. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I don't drive. More precisely, I can't afford. :D

7. Millennium

Millennium

Thanks Received:
    I did about 10 hours with my dad, and 2 with an instructor, and passed first time though. To be fair though my dad WAS a driving instructor and I'd been in the back of the car when he was teaching loads of times when I was growing up.

Don't have a car now though, don't need one in London, but nice to have passed. Was just theory + practical back then.

8. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    1 x 18 hour crash course (was 25 hours, but lunch hour each day, plus hour for mock test + real test on the Friday) I'm not gonna say about past driving; but put it this way; my instructor taught me to driving instructor standard as I could already drive properly. Passed practical with 0 minors, even my examiner said "if you were taking a test to become a driving instructor, I would be passing you right now."
    Fantastic teacher, saw an oppurtunity to give me "more for my money" and went for it.

Hazard perception is easy when you know what you're doing - but the thing about being a techie is you instinctively think "I won't click yet, this crappy old thing will be slow. I'll click when it gets closer". This was the problem I had - kept on thinking I was more clever than the computer. Click as early as possible, and trust the computer :p

9. Millennium

Millennium

Thanks Received:
    Just picked up a pair of these s/h last week. 450 down to 200 and as new - amazing bargain.

http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/epic-2/

Hands down the best speakers I've ever heard. I've not heard that many top end ones though but I'm more than happy. Glad I took my time with this decision. Just put them on proper stands with spikes and the difference is immense.

just .... wow.

10. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    I paid about 1100 last year, got it down to 700 this year bare in mind that's fully comp/business use etc too so not too bad as I pay it monthly, the 3 series aren't actually that bad to insure, nearly bought one last year though pulled out in the end. Am currently with tesco, hoping it will come down to £600 < in April when I renew.

11. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    How old are you? seems to me your over 21 which means good prices :eek:
    I did check compare the market with some fake stuff came out to £5000~ (WHICH is not bad compared with prices of buying a car) through some random ones. Might check with LV our current insurers could be a bit less considering my parents have about 11 years no claims each

12. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Add 10 and you're there :p :laugh:

13. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's nice you feel the need to follow me about, makes me feel wanted :clap:

And yea, I changed my mind on the whole body kit thing, seemed like a good idea after a few beers.... :rolleyes:

14. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    You're not a member though :wtf: you're more like a sever case of crabs, an itch that raises it's ugly little head now and then and doesn't go away.... :laugh:

15. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Don't worry he is a professional :laugh:
    He is a member

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What have you done?!! :eek:

17. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    We've tried evicting him.... Doesn't seem to get the idea of the UK... so whatever :laugh:

erocker says thanks.
  18. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    GTX 670 or HD7950 and why? :)

19. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can't comment on the 670, though I would definately recommend a Sapphire VaporX HD 7950 OC if you are going the AMD route, overclocks like a beast and can be had for quite a bit cheaper than a non ref 670.

I really wanted a 670 though refused to pay £300 card that is the same size of the previous gen mid range, so either way non ref would be my recommendation.

Asus DCII are also very well spoken of.

I think the cheaper of the 2 would be my option as they both can OC very well and match/exceed their stock big brothers with a good OC.

20. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Can't say I've been looking at any particular cards but I have set on the Sapphire HD 7950 FLEX DUAL-X if I go the AMD route (I'll also get 3 games free with that - Farcry 3, Hitman Absolution & Sleeping Dogs) but If I was to go the nVidia route I'd have to settle with the Inno3D GTX 670.

21. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your sentence is one big contradiction, you haven't been looking at particular cards though will get card A if you go AMD or card B if you go NV..... :laugh: :toast:

I like the game bundle AMD are offering atm, easily £50 worth of games, I only got Sleeping Dogs with mine :( still love the card.

Techtu says thanks.
  22. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's always a tough call when it comes to troll squatters. I understand. :toast:

Bo$$ and UbErN00b say thanks.
  23. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    What I actually mean't to say is I haven't really been looking at any other particular cards :laugh:

24. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    More importantly what games do you play and what resolution? Maybe a 7870 could fit the bill, Check out some benchies ;)

25. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    I probably don't play or own enough games to truely have the need for a HD7950 but it was the free games in the end that persuaded me to go with one, a friend of mine has offered me £40 for 2 of them anyways which mean's I've only paid £200 for a HD7950 which isn't bad going by any means. possibly £180 if I choose to sell the other game aswel + I'm selling my GTX460 for £80 to another friend which makes £100 for an upgrade. :D